TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: TAC The Tower November 30, 2008

Well just finished the mission with 3600ish loot, wow excellent! Really cramped in most places, but I guess that was a restriction of the contest. 9/10

Apologies for the necromancy, but I've hunted around and haven't found a solution to a pretty aggravating bug:

The whole level, wherever I go, seems to be drowned in the very loud "moving lift" sound. I can't find any other mention of it, and I found a let's play that doesn't have the problem, so it seems to be just me. I've tried restarting, and redownloading from a couple of different places, but to no success, I'm afraid.

This looks like a really promising mission, so any help or insight at all would be very welcome.

Thank you!

The first thing is to make sure you have all the latest scripts with new dark 1.27. The best way is to use t2x1.27c.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    The first thing is to make sure you have all the latest scripts with new dark 1.27. The best way is to use t2x1.27c.
    That did the trick, thank you very much. Thought I was up-to-date, but apparently not.
    Last edited by Wroke; 30th Jun 2020 at 08:47.

Wow what an awesome mission, I so enjoyed playing it!! A kinda vertical thieves highway similar to zealots hollow and just like in zealots hollow the place is so small but there´s so much stuff to find. I only found 1/4 secrets, so definitely a reason to replay!! And the story was the best thing about it for me!! thanks so much for this!!

I really liked this mission even though it was such a short one. Almost all doors were functional, which is a plus for me. Two secrets were easy, one was rather tricky [SPOIL](the hidden area under the mechanical lift on the first floor of the Notary[/SPOIL - I think mostly only veteran players would get it. I have very mixed feelings about such secrets. The other tricky secret is a typical slap your forehead Thief secret (the lever in the metal chimney with the ladder in Alf's apartment). I searched & frobbed every single inch of the area where the secret trigger was multiple times with normal gamma and even gamma maxxed & I still had to find a walkthrough to show me the exact spot. Sometimes the frob in Thief simply does not work as well as it should. There is no reason whatsoever I should have missed that when I read where the general area it was in.

The bonus objective was a rather nice touch. At first I was like wtf do I do with this, then I said to myself "Duh!". I have never seen that particular type of mechanic used in Thief missions before. I liked this enough that I will try out another of Lady Rowena's fan missions. Now I know a bit more maybe of what to expect from her style.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567