TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Taking a break
    Holy shit, I'm glad I downloaded the HD version instead of going for the youtube link. This is awesome.

Schwing.

I'm sure it will be awesome to kill spawnwaves of civilians....wait, no, americans would never do that. I'm sure you will play the good guys. which are ? well, certainly not the terrorists. here's my most wanted mission for cod5 by infinity: drop the 2 a-bombs on hiroshima and nagasaki. that would be entertainment. but this being modern warfare2 we'll leave that to treyarch, let's recreate white phosphor bombing on fallujah. hopefully in slow motion and if you don't step into the trigger area you can do it all day long. a dream come true. see the flesh drip off of those damn insurgent women and their children. or throw in some abu graib sexy action. it's all about the modern in warfare. so many stories not told yet by daring developers.

Taking a break
    And all the soldiers should be female.

I hope Infinity Ward will continue to bring new innovations to the genre of First Person Grenading.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    And all the soldiers should be female.
    With Redneck Rampage style tit-mounted chainguns.

Which would be quite a sight, if you think about it.

Taking the Death Toll
    Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    I'm sure it will be awesome to kill spawnwaves of civilians....wait, no, americans would never do that. I'm sure you will play the good guys. which are ? well, certainly not the terrorists. here's my most wanted mission for cod5 by infinity: drop the 2 a-bombs on hiroshima and nagasaki. that would be entertainment. but this being modern warfare2 we'll leave that to treyarch, let's recreate white phosphor bombing on fallujah. hopefully in slow motion and if you don't step into the trigger area you can do it all day long. a dream come true. see the flesh drip off of those damn insurgent women and their children. or throw in some abu graib sexy action. it's all about the modern in warfare. so many stories not told yet by daring developers.
    mothra has moral outrage itt

Chakat sex pillow
    Yeah, don't pay it any heed. I'd take him seriously if he didn't spend most of his time playing games that involve shooting people in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Pew pew laser guns, space travel, bipedal/hover tanks, aliens, etc. would be at a Richard Simmons level of queer. If I wanted to play Unreal, then I'd play frigging Unreal (or Quake 4).
    Walking tanks are gay? Fuck. Maybe I'm gay.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    mothra has moral outrage itt
    What do you mean, itt?

Taking the Death Toll
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    Walking tanks are gay? Fuck. Maybe I'm gay.
    you're only as gay as you wanna be, sailor

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Yeah, don't pay it any heed. I'd take him seriously if he didn't spend most of his time playing games that involve shooting people in the face.

i love you (all/how predictable you are). always aim for the head and never talk about the post, only the poster
    Last edited by mothra; 26th Mar 2009 at 20:12.

Taking the Death Toll
    try posting something worth talking about

I didn't like the demo of World At War; all of the horrific cutscenes they can pack in don't change the fact that you're still supposed to be having fun killing hordes of Japanese. Somehow COD4 avoided this problem; maybe because it had you fighting very specific terrorist groups rather than an entire country.

Actually I think my distaste also has something to do with the fact that Treyarch just isn't quite as good at making these games as is Infinity Ward. World At War feels like COD3 with a fancier engine.

Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    i love you (all/how predictable you are). always aim for the head and never talk about the post, only the poster
    I actually thought Sulphur addressed your post perfectly, that is all this indignant, mouth-frothing rage regarding war games is very hard to take from someone who plays pretty much every AAA bang-bang game that comes out.

I mean really how do you expect people to respond to a post as ridiculously hyperbolic as yours? You might actually have a valid point worth discussing if you went about discussing it in a more level headed way.
    Last edited by Angel Dust; 26th Mar 2009 at 22:37.

Yeh COD4 was much better, it didnt make me cringe like COD5 did, I found a lot of it distasteful. They should have just made the whole of COD5 a nazi zombie game, cos there aint nothing wrong with mowing down waves of zombies, who are also Nazis to boot.
    Speaking of which, eagerly awaiting the new zombie map.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    I didn't like the demo of World At War; all of the horrific cutscenes they can pack in don't change the fact that you're still supposed to be having fun killing hordes of Japanese.
    Jesus christ man, how can you not have fun killing japanese?

Oh, and CoD5 > CoD4. But I said that already.

Taking the Death Toll
    There isn't enough salt in the world to take your opinion with, Kokes.

Jesus christ man, how can you not have fun killing japanese?
    Cute, but the overt strain of your cynicism or whatever it is you're trying to convey ruins any potential reaction to it -- be it shock or amusement or anything else -- it ends up reading lamely.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Taking a break
    @Aja: Well, you made it sound as if killing hordes of japanese was somehow bad. And it intrigued me because you apparently had a blast doing the same to generic muslims in CoD4.

Nice try, but he completely misses the fact that there are no civilians at all in Far Cry 2. Actually you'd be hard pressed to find civilians in any FPS at all.
    Last edited by Koki; 27th Mar 2009 at 04:01. Reason: EvaUnit02 got in the way

But in COD4 I wasn't fighting Islam; I was fighting terrorism. I killed Russians and Iraqis and dogs with equal disregard for their nationalities.

Nice try, but he completely misses the fact that there are no civilians at all in Far Cry 2. Actually you'd be hard pressed to find civilians in any FPS at all.

Actually the article is complaining about the lack of civilians in Far Cry 2.

In Africa, the mercenary's freedom from responsibility for killing non-combatants is a redundancy, since at no point is he able to do it. It's not that civilians should exist to get casually slaughtered, but the gameplay could use a little variety: the only non-violent character interaction in the game is when someone orders the player to go and kill someone else. All the characters are either fellow mercenaries -- with whom the player's alliances are extremely shaky -- and the infinitely-numbered faction warriors, who inexplicably open fire at first sight.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast