TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Dust View Post
    I actually thought Sulphur addressed your post perfectly, that is all this indignant, mouth-frothing rage regarding war games is very hard to take from someone who plays pretty much every AAA bang-bang game that comes out.

I mean really how do you expect people to respond to a post as ridiculously hyperbolic as yours? You might actually have a valid point worth discussing if you went about discussing it in a more level headed way.
    i can't stand calm regarding mw1 and now 2. but i hit a nerve that turned a "booya" thread into something else. hyberbole or not, this was always something in the back of my head when playing games about "current" "conflicts" (actually I only played cod4 in this regard). and if I would not play them I'm sure my posts would be disregarded as "uninformed", you can't make it right for everyone and I don't intend to. and yeah, i expect ppl to respond to those posts since they seem to respond to anything that gets thrown at them by the funny guys around here. give me an example of an "normal" thread with meaningful responses anywhere on this forum and I will gladly contribute to it in a level-headed manner.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    But in COD4 I wasn't fighting Islam; I was fighting terrorism. I killed Russians and Iraqis and dogs with equal disregard for their nationalities.
    Between you and mothra, this thread has potential to be awesome.

Taking the Death Toll
    You too.

is Best Pony
    The gang's all here now

Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    i can't stand calm regarding mw1 and now 2. but i hit a nerve that turned a "booya" thread into something else. hyberbole or not, this was always something in the back of my head when playing games about "current" "conflicts" (actually I only played cod4 in this regard). and if I would not play them I'm sure my posts would be disregarded as "uninformed", you can't make it right for everyone and I don't intend to. and yeah, i expect ppl to respond to those posts since they seem to respond to anything that gets thrown at them by the funny guys around here. give me an example of an "normal" thread with meaningful responses anywhere on this forum and I will gladly contribute to it in a level-headed manner.
    So because some of the people around here basically post bullshit, you're not even going to try and have a level headed discussion? Of which there are plenty, they are just often padded out with TTLG unique brand of silliness. Sure there are certain people who instantly latch onto anything you post but I'm sure there are plenty, like myself, who would actually engage with you if you didn't fly of the handle like you can do. When I read a post like your original one I generally only get a sentence or two in before I say "oh, it's just another rant" and move on.
    Last edited by Angel Dust; 27th Mar 2009 at 07:36. Reason: STOP! Grammar time.

Mister Science
    I hope they keep the bayonette, COD4 > COD:WAW imho even if I like the WAW maps better, but the bayonette was a great addition, I still whatsitcalled when I stab someone it looks so incredibly brutal. We are probably going to see a modern warfare every year, if that's good or bad I'll leave to you but I like this type of game, run and gun with a little tactics, enough run and gun and just enough picking the right target. Modern Warfare is going to be a spinoff seperated from the COD brand, Treyward(?) is going to do the COD's. Also hoping for a more robust filter (dogs fu, in teams ok but in deathmatch) and more deathmatch maps, teams just isn't for me.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

. give me an example of an "normal" thread with meaningful responses anywhere on this forum and I will gladly contribute to it in a level-headed manner.
    Please do us all a favour and become an "Hero".

4chan memes? For shame, sir.

those are not my memes and I doubt anything useful will turn up if I search for it. try to formulate it in a understandable way for those that do not have the time to look up every little internet-pop-culture reference to stay "up to date" or read other forums they are not interested in.

Taking a break
    He says you should kill yourself.

is Best Pony
    I doubt anything useful will turn up if I search for it
    And yet the first and third Google results are both relevant to it. Funny that.

Taking the Death Toll
    For what it's worth, I would be perfectly willing to engage in a conversation with mothra if he wouldn't post such fucking BULLSHIT. Until he's capable of not having a moral outrage every time someone mentions CoD4 or Jade Raymond's vagina, and until he's capable of not getting personally offended because someone dares to like a game he doesn't, and until he can stop holding games to his psychotic standards (i.e. in his mind inspiration = plagiarism so if you're not 100% original you are stealing ideas), until he can do all of those things he exists solely for my amusement.

So he can either grow a brain (and take an English class) or become An Hero. Either way.

Mister Science
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    He says you should kill yourself.
    Nice.

There is friendly banter, and there is nasty. That, is nasty.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Serious business, ain't it?

Still, I think the suggestion to kill himself is a bit over the top. It's not as if he called your mother a dirty whore or anything.

Oh wait I forgot that everything Evaunit says when he's not being an RSS feed is either unnecesarily strong insults or proof on why he's always right.
    Last edited by kidmystik101; 28th Mar 2009 at 04:02. Reason: dramatic pause in statement!

Mister Science
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Serious business, ain't it?
    Incredibly rude and totally unnecesary, yes.

Taking the Death Toll
    All things considered, none of this changes the fact that this mean old world is a bit too hard on mothra's delicate sensibilities.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Sorry, mothra.

A great-looking trailer, very original. The first MW title was awesome. This should be no less. Can't wait! Call of Duty never disappoints in pure action.

no hard feelings Eva.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mothra
    I doubt anything useful will turn up if I search for it
    And yet the first and third Google results are both relevant to it. Funny that.
    the emphasis layed on useful as in "do I care, it's certainly an insult ?"
    Last edited by mothra; 1st Apr 2009 at 10:27.

Taking the Death Toll
    god damn it stop fagging up the thread

Ooh, first footage. A TV ad with brief shots of snowmobiles and scuba diving suits. I suppose something substantial is going to be shown on May 24th.

[EDIT]
    Feck, the site probably got hammered. Owell, the video will probably turn up again.

[EDIT 2]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvha8Dz_G_E
    Last edited by Vraptor7; 10th May 2009 at 22:00.

Taking a break
    Why no Gametrailers?

PC Gamering Smartey Man

New teaser HD

THAT was it? The last teaser was advertising this one, FFS.

EDIT: Never mind, the "big reveal" isn't until the 24th.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 22nd May 2009 at 08:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    I hope they keep the bayonette, COD4 > COD:WAW imho even if I like the WAW maps better, but the bayonette was a great addition, I still whatsitcalled when I stab someone it looks so incredibly brutal. We are probably going to see a modern warfare every year, if that's good or bad I'll leave to you but I like this type of game, run and gun with a little tactics, enough run and gun and just enough picking the right target. Modern Warfare is going to be a spinoff seperated from the COD brand, Treyward(?) is going to do the COD's. Also hoping for a more robust filter (dogs fu, in teams ok but in deathmatch) and more deathmatch maps, teams just isn't for me.
    I thought the bayonet was kind of ridiculous. It may have been used in WW1, but by WW2 an order to fix bayonets was met with incredulity.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast