TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    brilliant post!
    Didn't you hear? 23 is the New 16.

Vehicles in Half-Life 2? I just walked. Fuck that shit.

Still Subjective
    They were great fun. The boat thing and all the waterways... some of the best times I've had in gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    They were great fun. The boat thing and all the waterways... some of the best times I've had in gaming.
    Agreed. Goddamn, does anyone besides you, eva, and dethtoll even ENJOY games anymore? WTF?

Anyway, there is a game called Advent Rising. It is on PC and Xbox (I have both), and the vehicles are great. It is 3rd person, but whatever.

Pariah, Halo, FarCry (and its console ports) beg to differ with the dissenting opinion. 1st person vehicles rule. I have very rarely found one that sucks.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    Anyway, there is a game called Advent Rising. It is on PC and Xbox (I have both), and the vehicles are great. It is 3rd person, but whatever.
    Driving in Halo is also in 3rd person. But hey, whatever.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

gunsmoke, far cry instincts wasn`t a pc port. it was an entirely new game.

I thought the vehicles were pretty good in HL2, but that water one went on for WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long.

That's not pacing, that's endurance.

is Best Pony
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    gunsmoke, far cry instincts wasn`t a pc port. it was an entirely new game.
    I know. I own them all. I actually played FarCry so much, I did a pistol, grenade, M4 only run through on Realistic, and chronicled a how-to on GameFAQs with Morgoth, though a forum purge deleted them.

It was a slip of the tongue, I should have said versions.

Taking the Death Toll

PC Gamering Smartey Man

I just learned that PC version of MW2 will cost $60 USD, what a crock of shit.

I just learned that PC version of MW2 will cost $60 USD, what a crock of shit.
    Really?

I'm actually surprised it didn't happen sooner.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

yeah, exactly. where are the times when a game came in a nice big cardboard box filled with goodies at NO additional cost, meaning it was the only edition......and was cheaper, too...the collectors edition will cost 80 bucks, so I can't imagine what THIS is gonna cost....
    Even the COD4-GOTY edition is still fullprized, their moneylust has no boundaries and with the popularity of the COD-brand and last game I would say they can ask whatever they want. many ppl will buy it nonetheless on release day.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Just had a thought, you can role play as Buffalo Bill. "It rubs the lotion on its skin, or it gets the hose again."

That's... really kinda tacky. I mean, an artbook, a making-of disc, a big poster map or a figurine, I don't know, stuff that's related to the game and made purposely as a collector's item, that all makes sense to me. But this just strikes me as "yeah, we bought like a thousand of them things from army surplus / toys'r'us and put a sticker on them, but it's all awesome cuz their real, brah".

I'm sure that on other forums there are lots and lots of people who are excited about this bit of news. Personally I find it difficult to begrudge them for making money off this; I think it's less tacky than making money through shop-based exclusive game features and the like. (Which they may also be doing, for all I know.)

Taking the Death Toll
    Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    yeah, exactly. where are the times when a game came in a nice big cardboard box filled with goodies at NO additional cost, meaning it was the only edition......and was cheaper, too...the collectors edition will cost 80 bucks, so I can't imagine what THIS is gonna cost....
    Even the COD4-GOTY edition is still fullprized, their moneylust has no boundaries and with the popularity of the COD-brand and last game I would say they can ask whatever they want. many ppl will buy it nonetheless on release day.
    Can you take your moral outrage somewhere else please?

That said, I did say "You've got to be fucking kidding me" when I saw the NVG. But you know what? If I had the money (which I don't, but that's beside the point) I would totally be buying that. Just to say I had it. That and it'd be great for going to the bathroom at night so I'd know I wasn't pissing on the seat 'cuz someone left it down.

And yes, it's far less tacky than nickel-and-diming the players to death through DLC (though it's more like five and ten dollaring them to death.) This at least is a cool box with cool stuff.

$60 for the PC version, that will translate into 60 for European customers. Fucking greedy bastards.

Activision has become the old EA now.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Activision has become the old EA now.
    Yup. Try to keep up.

ahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    so I can't imagine what THIS is gonna cost....
    Originally Posted by Kotaku
    The standard version will be priced at 55 (USD$90), making it one of, if not the most expensive regular editions of a game on record. But that's just for the standard version.

The fancy "Prestige Edition" - which includes a working set of night vision goggles - is priced at 120. That's just over $195.
    Originally Posted by Kotaku
    Less comforting for the French might be the price for this. The standard, goggles-free version of the game runs $60 here in the U.S. but 69.95 Euros in France. (That's almost $99.) No word yet on what the Prestige version will cost. In the U.S. that price will be $149.
    Last edited by Ostriig; 17th Jul 2009 at 13:58. Reason: P.S.

Taking the Death Toll
    Whoa.

Um, you know, I don't blame any Europeans for pirating this game. What amounts to $90 for a standard edition of a game? Fuuuuuuuuck that. For that kind of money I want an action figure and a blowjob with the game.

Ouch. I could maybe see some of these increased prices for huge, open-world type games that offer 50-100 hours of gameplay, but for MW2? Christ, the single player portion of the first game took less than 10 hours. Insane, I'd never pay that, I'll just wait 3 months and pick it up on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostriig View Post
    The standard, goggles-free version of the game runs $60 here in the U.S. but 69.95 Euros in France.
    That's actually the standard price of every new game in france. Which is why I import all my games from UK.

Almost a hundred bucks for some shitty Wal-Mart night vision goggles. All I can ask is why, when it would probably be easier to assemble a disk or book of concept art and the game's development- I'd much rather see that than a $90 gimmick.

I own Raising the Bar, Resident Evil Archives, and The Art of Halo, and all of them are much more interesting than this Collector's Edition crap. What did they sell with Halo 3? A helmet? Such bullshit.

Keep the helmet. Give me a manual that's worth a damn. Don't charge me another $5 for it.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast