TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Taking the Death Toll
    Fallout 3 CE had an artbook, a Vault-Boy bobblehead (which sits on top of my cablebox) and a LUNCHBOX which I thought was pretty cool.

Bioshock's CE stuff was less-than-stellar. I still haven't bothered trying to repaint the Big Daddy.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Bioshock's CE stuff was less-than-stellar. I still haven't bothered trying to repaint the Big Daddy.
    You paid $50-60 for Bioshock? You poor bastard, you have my sympathies.

Taking a break
    Once more, into the breach!

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Activision has confirmed PC gamers will miss out on these limited editions. Sorry, PC gamers.
    (source)

*yawn* Care level, zero.

You know, I still can't find the incentive to really care all *that* much about this game. I quite liked the first MW, but nothing more than that. Maybe it's because I never played online?

Also, call me old-fashioned but FPS on a console... bleh. Screw the limited editions, mouse and keyboard (and naturally lower price) FTW.

Taking the Death Toll
    Way to say "fuck you" to the fanbase who put you on the map to begin with, IW. Not that I ever intended to buy their silly collector's editions, but jeez. Maybe they ran out of goggles?

Still gonna play the game, though. On PC where it belongs.

Taking a break
    As far as gadgets go, low-light goggles is one of the most... luxurious I've ever seen added to a videogame.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Never mind, turns out that source I was looking at is bullshit. Curtis likely is in the game. But really, who gives a shit? His role is the equivalent of the Mortal Kombat rip off announcer in Q3A.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 11th Aug 2009 at 06:33.

Attached Thumbnails NO.jpg  

PC Gamering Smartey Man

MadCatz to make MW2 licensed controllers and other accessories.

...and at the end of the day my Razer Deathadder will highly likely still crap upon the lot from great heights.

RumoUr (get it? It is a UK based article...) has it that Medal of Honor may be going Modern ala Call of Duty

IGN link

An older article list Afghanistan 2002 as the possible locale.

Old click

Excuse me US types but why in the hell are you bitching about paying $60 USD for a game? That's cheap compared to us Australians over here (average going price for a new release is around $100 AUD (roughly $87.50 USD)).

You're getting a much better deal dammit.

Also, new trailer here if you haven't seen it yet.

because Australia is totally BONKERS regarding their prizes and does not even need to be considered for any kind of discussion as a valid example. most critique I have seen (and have myself) are the ridiculous conversion-rates between euro and dollar, which should be the stuff of a criminal investigation, not funny anectodes on some forum. How can you get away with that ?

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by kidmystik101 View Post
    Excuse me US types but why in the hell are you bitching about paying $60 USD for a game? That's cheap compared to us Australians over here (average going price for a new release is around $100 AUD (roughly $87.50 USD)).

You're getting a much better deal dammit.

Also, new trailer here if you haven't seen it yet.
    Just because you've been shafted more often and on a longer, more consistent basis, doesn't invalidate their right to complain.

The higher price of MW2 for PC has affected all other major markets too, so it's not just North America. The RRP 40 GBP in Britain, also $120 NZD vs. the usual $90-100.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Breaking news: Rumour has it that the PC version has been delayed by two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    They were probably spooked by the CoD: MW2 release date...

Dear god I hope this is a falsification. Really looking forward to this, especially the multiplayer - from the looks of things it's gotten a HUGE shot in the arm.

So, let me get this straight. The PC version of MW2 doesn't get the collector's edition, is released at 60 bucks (as opposed to the standard 40-50) AND gets delayed two weeks?

Does Activision have something against PC Gamers? Did their plastic guitars not sell as well on the PC and they're getting back at us?

With the revelation of a new release schedule from Activision-Blizzard this morning, highlighting the publishers autumn/winter line-up, Electronic Theatre can today confirm that the PC version of the highly-anticipated Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has suffered a delay. Originally due for a simultaneous release with the rest of 2009’s Call of Duty onslaught, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will now officially be late to the party.

Of course, November 10th also marks the release of one of the most anticipated games of the year, Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The PC release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, however, will now arrive a fortnight later, on November 24th 2009.
    ElectronicTheatre.co.uk Link

Gotta love that console folks will be playing the game for a full 2 weeks before PC gamers can even do so - way to show the love IW. Also wonder if MS's stinky hands are in this one (remember Remedy inferred they "suggested" no Alan Wake PC release..) - since they had the recent MW2 release party/marriage ceremony announcing the new MW2 XBOX 360.
    Last edited by Garrettwannabe; 5th Oct 2009 at 14:31.

Is a two-week delay really that big a deal?

Also, I'd really be surprised if this was some sinister MS scheme to pump up the 360. I mean, maybe it's just me, but if I were a potential PC customer for this game I don't think just two more weeks would sway me away from my preferred platform towards another.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Garrettwannabe View Post
    It was an "exclusive report" from a site that no one has ever heard of, I'd take that sort of thing with a grain of salt. Why do you think that I said rumour in my original post?

Agreed & strange that they got this Activision Blizzard schedule and no other Gamesites can confirm the same and thus, many have only quoted them as the source.

That being said - many accredited (IMHO) major Gamesites have since asked IW to confirm/deny the story and they have refused to do so from what I've seen. I would guesstimate IW would want to shoot it down asap if it were untrue....

Also, there's a huge post (127 pages in 24 hours...) in their forums on the delay and they (neither has IW's Mr COD - 402) have not responded to it (or Twitter comments/inquiries) either... IW Forums Link

PC Gamering Smartey Man

HAHAHA, Activision Australasia are up to their old tricks again. They've jacked up the Steam price to $90 USD for our region. I thought that after WaW on Steam launching at the standard $50 USD this sort of shit would be over.

There's not even a pre-order discount.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

And risk having a Steam account potentially locked off? Yeah nah.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast