TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Well, it is the whole reason for Russia invading the US, which is the entire plot...

Yeah, good point. I should probably get around to finishing the game, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDuck View Post
    Enjoying it like crack-covered cookies

Also, Ghost's skull face warmer (the right name for it eludes me, alas...) = WIN!

Ghost = Gaz?

It's the same voice actor, maybe they were trying to remain ambiguous on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Briareos H View Post
    I also didn't manage build quite the same affection for the characters in all the frenzy, though I was delighted to play MacTavish again.
    I think they've gotten better at this with each game, personally. I cared quite a bit about the British characters, although the Americans were pretty forgettable.

MrDuck is my kinda dude. Call of Duty = crack, for me. I couldn't care less than these games are linear and scripted. We've known this from Call of Duty 1 on. That's why I like them, because they give you a different experience from non-linear gameplay. And regardless of its linearity, it's very much immersive.

And it's plain fucking fun.

Taking the Death Toll
    Agreed.

El Shagmeister

Quote Originally Posted by Taffer36 View Post
    Ghost = Gaz?
    It's the same voice actor, maybe they were trying to remain ambiguous on it.
    I know it's him. Loved the bugger in the 1st game.

What I refered to is the thing covering his face (with the skullface drawing), in Spanish we call them pasamontañas, but I'm not sure how it's called in English

Also, holy poop...dethtoll agrees with something that I agree with

BRING OUT THE VODKA!!!

<3

Same voice actor, different character. Although given how far-out MW2's plot is, I suppose he could have survived having his brains splattered all over the highway.

I know it's him. Loved the bugger in the 1st game.

What I refered to is the thing covering his face (with the skullface drawing), in Spanish we call them pasamontañas, but I'm not sure how it's called in English
    It's a balaclava, or ski mask. To-may-to, to-mah-to.

Taking a break
    I thought Gaz died.

El Shagmeister

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    I thought Gaz died.
    He did, it's merely the same voice actor with a different character

One who, alas, dies also...

kidmystik101 - Holy shit...I totally forgot about the ski mask, BWAH! (Balaclava you say, eh?, Latin American?)

Ah, great times...

Quote Originally Posted by Briareos H View Post
    To which I replied:
    Naively superlative.
    No, "No russian" will not become the most notorious scene in gaming, though many journos will use it as a reference and generate facepalms in their readers for the years to come. Yes, it was interesting to see such a narrative choice coming from the biggest gaming blockbuster of the year, but it will have little impact on the maturation of games as art / narrative media.
    That's not what they said. "Most notorious" would seem pretty accurate, at least for the moment - but that doesn't say anything about the level's "impact on the maturation of games".

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Spec Ops (co-op) Dedi's
    Of course use this one at your own risk, as you might get VAC banned.

Developer console unlocker

Both mods require a legal copy of the game.

kidmystik101 - Holy shit...I totally forgot about the ski mask, BWAH! (Balaclava you say, eh?, Latin American?)

Ah, great times...
    According to Wikipedia, it originates from the town of Balaklava in Ukraine.

Loved the ending. Cannot wait for Modern Warfare 3. In fact, I'd like to play it now, please.

Well, I'm playing Spec Ops right now in coop. Much funnage.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

This thread is absolutely hilarious. A big round of "I toldya so's" are in order for all of the IW/Activision knob polishers.

Quote Originally Posted by poroshin View Post
    Cannot wait for Modern Warfare 3. In fact, I'd like to play it now, please.
    Yeah, MW1+MW2+MW3 would almost make for a full game.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    This thread is absolutely hilarious. A big round of "I toldya so's" are in order for all of the IW/Activision knob polishers.
    Fuck that. If you haven't already, take a look't this.

This is why I'm still here. You just gotta love the good ol' PC community.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Already posted about that. The Teknogods site seems to down at the moment, so maybe Activision got to them. So far they've only managed to get Spec Ops dedi's going.

Anyway I doubt that any GSP nor competitive league would utilise an unsanctioned mod like that.

What's all this hubbub about the multiplayer? I tried it for about 10-20 minutes and got bored. I've talked about this before on this forum; I just do not understand the appeal of multiplayer. Coop is a different story, though, because you're playing with a friend or relative together in the same room, either against each other or in concert. Online multiplayer consists of people running around like mad in circles and shooting. There is no point. You see an enemy player run past or pop out and you shoot. Took me about 20 minutes at most to get bored of this. Add to this the fact that maps don't make any sense. They're circular, there's no progress, people just run like laboratory mice in a maze. Somehow I managed to get four kills. Whoop. The other twenty or so times I was just shot in the back out of nowhere. Quoth the Homer, "Bo-ring".

Single player forever! Rant over.

Taking the Death Toll
    I used to think the same as you and in many cases I still do. But that doesn't stop TF2 from being glorious.

El Shagmeister

Well, I'm playing Spec Ops right now in coop. Much funnage.
    Ditto

So we'll probably see two sides of the coin, eh?, the "good guys" vs. the "bad guys". Btw...after seeing some CoD retrospective, I just realized Capn Price's in the very first game :O Does he appear in CoD 2?

And about mp, c'mon....it's fun....don't be mean

Fun stuff

kidmystick - Oooooerrrrr....

Also...

PENISV!!!!!

What's all this hubbub about the multiplayer? I tried it for about 10-20 minutes and got bored. I've talked about this before on this forum; I just do not understand the appeal of multiplayer. Coop is a different story, though, because you're playing with a friend or relative together in the same room, either against each other or in concert. Online multiplayer consists of people running around like mad in circles and shooting. There is no point. You see an enemy player run past or pop out and you shoot. Took me about 20 minutes at most to get bored of this. Add to this the fact that maps don't make any sense. They're circular, there's no progress, people just run like laboratory mice in a maze. Somehow I managed to get four kills. Whoop. The other twenty or so times I was just shot in the back out of nowhere. Quoth the Homer, "Bo-ring".

Single player forever! Rant over.
    This = free for all. Which is fine, that's the whole point of that gamemode, some straight up no strategy shoot whatever moves fun.

Try Domination or Search and Destroy if you want something with real depth to it. If all you're doing in those gamemodes is running around and shooting whatever "pops out," then you're definitely doing something wrong... although granted it sounds like you don't really care enough to devote time into it.

Thing What Kicks
    poroshin:
    I don't completely agree with you, but I do think that the popular multiplayer games on consoles are only retreading ground pioneered and perfected by earlier games on the PC, Quake probably being the most influential FPS ever as far as online multiplayer goes. Not much has changed, except the audience. What is old and tired to me, is fresh and new to them.

Btw...after seeing some CoD retrospective, I just realized Capn Price's in the very first game :O Does he appear in CoD 2?
    Yeah, but I think it's just a namesake. What COD retrospective?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffer36 View Post
    This = free for all. Which is fine, that's the whole point of that gamemode, some straight up no strategy shoot whatever moves fun.

Try Domination or Search and Destroy if you want something with real depth to it. If all you're doing in those gamemodes is running around and shooting whatever "pops out," then you're definitely doing something wrong... although granted it sounds like you don't really care enough to devote time into it.
    I was playing Team Deathmatch. I'll try the other modes later, maybe. Why can't they make multiplayer like the single player game, where you team up with a bunch of guys online to take on actual levels and AI enemies. A sort of massive coop.
    Last edited by poroshin; 16th Nov 2009 at 13:08.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast