TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 119 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617222732374247525762112 ... LastLast

Thread: General Fan Mission Review And Discussion Megathread

Quote Originally Posted by Thor02 View Post
    Now, now, Sneaky, (can i call you Snickers?) I know Thief is worth to die for, but get some few hours of sleep once in a while too.
    I'd rather not be called Snickers, thanks

Unfortunately its more work related than fan mission related. I wish I was only kept up nights by plan fan missions - that'd be a nice problem to have.

Master Builder 2018
    I love the idea of a mission of the month thread! Count me in for sure.

Um, I also kinda like the idea of Snickers for a nick name SneakyJack.

That FM club is a great idea. I really do need to play more fan missions, and this would be a good incentive for me personally as I would enjoy commenting on the aspects of the mission that don't seem to be a part of most FM release specific threads. They tend to just be quick congratulations comments and help questions.

More indepth views and/or discussion should be encouraged here and I think a monthly FM play & discuss thread would be a great addition to this forum.

Regards,
    Cog

Alright - so it has passed in committee, so it shall be

I'll prepare the thread, choose a FM to start us off and have it posted within a short time hopefully. If anyone has suggestions for the mission they'd like to see kick things off, please PM it to me. You can also PM your recommendations for the future entries into the club as well.

This should be alot of fun!

Keeper of FMs
    Great! I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for doing the groundwork Snick...I mean SneakyJack!

Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    Great! I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for doing the groundwork Snick...I mean SneakyJack!

Not a problem. It is my pleasure to help out the community in any way that I can.

I'll continue updating this thread regularly as well as long as thats alright with you folks in the moderation department

Keeper of FMs
    You are allowed to make as many threads as you want...especially when they get as many views as this one has. You are just shy of 10K views! I'm sure the Mission of the Week thread will get just as many.

edit:
    @ Tannar!
    Last edited by pavlovscat; 9th Feb 2009 at 19:54. Reason: LOLing @ Tannar

Master Builder 2018
    He's just not taking the bait pav!

I see the game you two are playing and I refuse to bow to these Snickers shenanigans.

I don't want to be named after a candy bar, really.

Brilliant IDEA Sneakers!

Brilliant Idea!

We can revisit the classics!

This thread is awesome because it is inspiring me to create my own mission

Hopefully...one day

Edit: I mean XORAK - obviously. I just couldn't resist with the sneakers though
    Last edited by DarkThiefsie; 9th Feb 2009 at 23:02. Reason: Sneakers

Keeper of FMs
    Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    I see the game you two are playing and I refuse to bow to these Snickers shenanigans.

I don't want to be named after a candy bar, really.
    How about Mr. GoodThief? Or Sneaky Way? $100,000 Theft? Nick That?

But srsly...why not pick something from the list on the The Name that FM Game thread. I'll recommend Cop in the Shadows.

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    It seems to be something people would definitely be interested in, so with your blessing I'll move forward with it soon enough

I was going to send you a PM asking you what you'd like the first mission to be to kick us off - but for some reason you either have your PM's turned off or the forum is playing tricks on me - the option seems to appear in the dropdown menu when hovering over the username for everyone but you - since it was your idea I'd like you to choose the first mission! .
    Good luck SneakyJack.
    Not quite sure why you couldn't send me a PM, I didn't go in and alter anything, and I even checked it and it said that I could accept mail from everyone.

Anyways, I hope it's something that carries on for a while at least. Think though, if you only did 52 a year you're looking at over 10 years of missions -- pretty daunting stuff.

I had no clear choice regarding what mission to start with, but I'm sure you'll pick a good one. I just came up with the idea, because I'm attempting to play all the missions through, and I've read from scattered posts that several other people are as well. So I thought, why not get people to do it together. It would also be a good way to get increased participation in the contests, if only in the scoring portion of it.

But srsly...why not pick something from the list on the The Name that FM Game thread. I'll recommend Cop in the Shadows.
    Cop In The Shadows it is. I'll post the thread sometime tomorrow after I get all the ideas worked out and some screenshots processed

@ Xorak: Now I can, go figure. Trust me, I'm not hallucinating even with my extreme lack of sleep - for some reason the private message option was not in the menu when I did a mouseover on your name.

And no worries, one mission a week is not a problem. I posted 8 screenshots and 1 review each for 14 missions in one day in this thread

Master Builder 2018
    *shakes head* Oh my, that's just too damn funny!

Sorry SneakyJack, I promise not to call you any of these (or snickers)...much.

Keeper of FMs
    I swear I remember reading somewhere that you have to have made a minimal number of posts for pms to work...like 5 maybe?

edit:
    AH...yes. You now have made 6 posts, Xorak. So you're official now, I guess!
    Last edited by pavlovscat; 10th Feb 2009 at 01:52. Reason: checking post count

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    I swear I remember reading somewhere that you have to have made a minimal number of posts for pms to work...like 5 maybe?

edit:
    AH...yes. You now have made 6 posts, Xorak. So you're official now, I guess!
    That post above would have put me right at 5, and he probably checked it soon after and it worked I guess.

So im not crazy!

Master Builder 2018
    Well....

Cool idea, but please SneakyJack, don't stop posting your reviews here!

That's twice you've sneaked away now. Tricky aren't you?

My choice is TrickyPicky!!

And I'm also up for playing an fm of the month. I haven't played Cop in the Shadow for a long time.

Whoah, sorry for starting an offtopic like this, it was just the insane thoughts in my mind, that beat me sometimes.

I'll see if i can participate in that other thing you've got going on here. Seems like fun. Why wasn't this thought of 9 years ago?

Keeper of FMs
    It probably was, but we have something now we didn't then...SneakyJack! Great ideas aren't the hard part. The hard part is finding someone with the dedication & enthusiasm to make them work!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalorn View Post
    Cool idea, but please SneakyJack, don't stop posting your reviews here!
    That comment made my day. Thanks Cavalorn!

It probably was, but we have something now we didn't then...SneakyJack! Great ideas aren't the hard part. The hard part is finding someone with the dedication & enthusiasm to make them work!
    Dedication and enthusiasm I definitely have - along with the constant worry that I post too much and people are going to want to throw me out of here for it Just the kind of person I am I suppose.

I will be updating this thread with new reviews and posting the new Fan Mission Club thread in a few hours

It sounds like a really good idea, but isn't a month a bit too long? I think that everyone knows everything and said everything in... 2 weeks or something.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    It sounds like a really good idea, but isn't a month a bit too long? I think that everyone knows everything and said everything in... 2 weeks or something.
    No worries, its been decided already to make it a weekly or bi-weekly event. Probably Bi-weekly to give everyone the proper chance to play through each mission

Page 12 of 119 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617222732374247525762112 ... LastLast