TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thief Gold FM: Invitation to Castle Morgoth (December 30th, 08)

That flaming skull does end up in the dark sometimes, its random everytime. Thats why its a flaming skull, you can always see it regardless.
    Just a post to assure everyone the darkness is not a problem.
    Speaking of the above, that item (while hiding at times but visible) isnt even necessary to finish the FM. It does have a use BTW, just not one that applies to the objectives.

If you have done the crypt , then look behind the table. Look for a flaming skull. Thats how I missed it (It flew out of my sight)
    Once you do, the lights go out. Wait for noise to stop and then frob madly in the dark
    No need to frob madly in the dark, the lights come on, then the chest rises from below fully visible. You probably grabbed it before it finished its cycle.
    Last edited by Vlad Midnight; 3rd Jan 2009 at 16:04.

Thanks for the help!

Somehow I missed that flaming skull. It was right there when I went back into the crypt so I have no idea why I didn't see it in the first place.

I enjoyed the little bit of Pink Floyd in there ...It made me go and dig out the album and roll a spliff

Very creepy mission and interesting. Easter area is quite funny. But I stuck, I didn't find the keys to courtyard gate, room 21 and the outside door where's the window with hammer mage by it. Where's these keys?

Winter Cat-
    I had a hard time finding those too. Look for a key on the wall in the building where you place the skull.

Thank you for this fm.

We are discussing Thief1/G Mission in a thread now.

Keep em coming I say

Thanks, siegella. Your hint helped me to finish the mission.

To Vlad Mignight
    I was quite surprised that it's impossible to blow up the rubbles blocking the corridor with patrolling mage. I thought there could be some bonus area. Maybe this could be done in update. Nice creepy mission. Thanks.

Just been without internet for a few days and... wow. Creepy and castle gold FM?
    You made my day man, thanks!

Great!

I just want to thank the builder for this mission I had a great experience playing this one!!

Italian Translation now available thanks to Krenim
    http://rapidshare.com/files/17887059...ngIta.zip.html

Keeper of FMs
    Darklurker mirror:
    Castle Morgoth Eng-Ital

Ok, I tried this mission, and I did everything I can seem to do. I opened every door I can access, Returned the statue head, did the crypt, the walking on beams in the dark, the teleport coin, the four zombies...

After spending an hour trying to figure out what the hell I was doing, and why (with nothing but a disembodied voice saying it would enjoy seeing me die, and then flinging zombie heads at me for guidance) I quit.

What chest that rises from what below? What do I do with the (ex)flaming skull, how do I open the door to the right of where I came in? Why is there a lever I can highlight but not frob, and a lock above it there is no key for? Is there another lockpick? Did I miss a key somewhere? Every other door in the place is open that can be opened except the gate with the lever and the door by where you enter.

I'm sure all of my questions have some simple answer, but I'll be damned if I know what it is, so I'll just pass on finishing this mission unless someone can help me out here.

Sounds like you didnt jump down into the "zombie courtyard" where you use the ladder to get back up. Your gate key is down there.
    As for the first locked door, flaming skull and chest that rises, thats just extra. Not needed to beat the game.
    About the not needed to beat the game. In the area with the courtyard key there are barrels in a shed. Destroy them and I think the rest can be figured out.
    Last edited by Vlad Midnight; 2nd Jan 2009 at 10:20.

Quote Originally Posted by kamyk View Post
    Ok, I tried this mission, and I did everything I can seem to do. I opened every door I can access, Returned the statue head, did the crypt, the walking on beams in the dark, the teleport coin, the four zombies...

After spending an hour trying to figure out what the hell I was doing, and why (with nothing but a disembodied voice saying it would enjoy seeing me die, and then flinging zombie heads at me for guidance) I quit.

What chest that rises from what below? What do I do with the (ex)flaming skull, how do I open the door to the right of where I came in? Why is there a lever I can highlight but not frob, and a lock above it there is no key for? Is there another lockpick? Did I miss a key somewhere? Every other door in the place is open that can be opened except the gate with the lever and the door by where you enter.

I'm sure all of my questions have some simple answer, but I'll be damned if I know what it is, so I'll just pass on finishing this mission unless someone can help me out here.
    My solution to the crypt was different. I carried an explosive barrell down into the crypt and planted it all the way in at the end in the darkness. Retreated back a bit and exploded it with a fire. No flaming skulls, no skeletons, nothing. The room was opened and I used the magic canister and got the key no problemo.

Grabbing the key in the crypt triggers the flaming skull event. (No skull until you grab the key) Ill bet its down there, it has to be if you have the key. You just left too soon. Another reason why the skull isnt actually part of the mission, but does in fact have a use.
    Last edited by Vlad Midnight; 3rd Jan 2009 at 16:07.

Wonderful mission. Of the few Thief TDP/Gold missions i've played this is probably the best one. (Doesn't sound that great i guess xD) Just visited Melan's and LarryG's graves. That's funny, hehe. I'll definately finish this up later!
    I think this mission should have a replay sometime from me. To explain - i don't replay alot of stuff. Something in this mission just got to me - probably the great ambient music/noises and completely black places. Haven't seen a mission like that before.
    Also, the infinite ammo thingy was interesting. Will i actually need it somewhere?

Vlad, does my situation (into that little graveyard with two of our members burried) suggest i should already have that Flaming Skull?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor02 View Post
    Also, the infinite ammo thingy was interesting. Will i actually need it somewhere?
    The infinite ammo was a fail safe feature, since they are needed later on. Meaning if you already used them and you need it now that would force the player to start the mission over or go back a few saves.

Vlad, does my situation (into that little graveyard with two of our members burried) suggest i should already have that Flaming Skull?
    No.
    Funny how the most talked about item is the unneeded extra item, but has a use. Maybe thats why its popular?
    Last edited by Vlad Midnight; 3rd Jan 2009 at 15:59.

Wow.That infinite ammo thing has really gotten me to buisneses!
    Somehow the number of arrows created by blowing up the crate multiply each time so i've gotten myself a bit over a hundred Fire Arrows (i'm immortal now). Was this really intentional? O.o

Edit: Finished! Room 21 is sure an important place overall. Missed 225 loot, but meh, swear i've found anything humanly possible. I'm sure i've missed something in a dark spot. It was in a way a bit torturing for my eyes, but i did it and i'm very satisfied with this mission hehe.

Btw, I guess there was an unnecessary place down stairs still inside the building eh? (Right before the escape) There was a mage patrolling in halls i couldn't get to...
    Last edited by Thor; 3rd Jan 2009 at 14:34.

This mission totally freaks me out. The total darkness and your well-timed music and sound effects gave me goosebumps more than once.

Well done!!!!
    If at first you don't succeed...reload and try again!

I'm sure i've missed something in a dark spot
    No, Everything that applies to this mission is visible.

Pretty nice mission in sort like JIS style - but less frustrating, of course

BTW: who is person asked Garrett to come -vandal mage, many statues in castle seem to be already broken or fallen, how many guys he involved before to do this work?

Excellent mission

I loved to play this one, the enviroment was bleak , nice design, nice gameplay and storyline, and the musics were well fited , im looking foward for more. If you need morbid or spooky suspance ambient musics pm me.

Thanks for this one

Pedro Quintela

Stuck
    spoiler:
    I crossed the beams and went through a tunnel that looks like a mouth and am in a dark room with a fireplace and another well lit room off to the side with a small torch suspended in mid air.

What am I missing here?

That sounds like a bug. Did the "Ape" apparition not run into the door?
    Theres a BoundsTrigger as you exit the "mouth". I am unable to jump over or go under it though. (not rendered, just dromed speak)

There was an ape apparition in the room I'm in just outside and to the left of the room with the floating torch. He won't be bothering anybody anymore. He was just standing in one place.

I have a hard save about 10 game minutes back...I'll go back tomorrow and replay that bit. If it still does not work I'll have a look in dromed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast