TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thief: TIS - Volume One: Cop In The Shadows - Playing Feb 10th - Feb 24th

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor02 View Post
    So Garrett being that guy, that saved everyone "by the way", is the best idea ever...
    Very true. I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Very true. I couldn't agree more.
    Really? Wow, you just make my day better. Also i forgot to mentioned, that humans just don't really do selfless deeds. Usually they help others so they would feel better about themselves or theire just pure boredom prisoners (like me, except i'm not even helping anyone lol). But Garrett isn't either one, he just... helped himself.

P.S. I didn't notice how much i've contributed for the epic mission of going Off Topic.

Its not off topic, you are discussing the missions story angles more in depth - and I am enjoying reading about the thoughts people have on it

These threads are meant to have us play a fan mission together and then pick it apart while spilling our brains on what we thought and how we played - so please continue if you have thoughts stemming from it! No worries

Oh, right. It's nice to have such friendly calls. Heheh. So i guess no more thoughts on my side for the time being. Eagerly waiting for the next fan mission to play and discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor02 View Post
    Oh, right. It's nice to have such friendly calls. Heheh. So i guess no more thoughts on my side for the time being. Eagerly waiting for the next fan mission to play and discuss.
    I meant that I am enjoying your thought streams and discussions about the mission - I don't know why you'd take that as not needing any more thoughts from your side

Once we play a mission that stands out more to me I'll be going off on tangents about the oddest stuff in missions as well - this one just didn't have alot of stand out points to me (not saying that makes it bad, it was just very average) so I don't have alot to put out there for discussion, so its good that people are finding things to discuss about that are deeper than just "I liked it, I didnt like it."

Long story short, please continue with your random thoughts about the missions

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    It's interesting to think why would Garrett let the police and the public see him so openly. Assuming of course, he doesn't have on a perpetual disguise as a cop or something like that. What of those wanted posters you see in some missions that show his face? Is that just a kind of a John Doe visage, that they put on the wanted poster for effect (to scare the public more.) If not, then the cops would presumably know what he looks like and always be on the lookout for him.

Also, what does Garrett do in the daytime/afternoon when he's not a thief. Is he a kind of superhero? Does he don the 'Garrett' disguise when he steals at night, but in day he is an upstanding citizen of the city. Maybe, it would be interesting to think that he is in reality a cop.

Realistically, my impression of him is that he is a lonely figure. He can never really go anywhere and let people see him because he is in fact 'Garrett'. There is no disguise there. If someone sees him in the day, then sees him as a thief his whole life would be threatened. I would think that the cops don't even have any idea of him. 'Garrett' to them would be some mythological figure, that the petty thieves (or his treacherous contacts) would talk about, but the cops would never see him. Of course, this wouldn't explain how he then gets put into jail in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorak View Post
    Also, what does Garrett do in the daytime/afternoon when he's not a thief. Is he a kind of superhero? Does he don the 'Garrett' disguise when he steals at night, but in day he is an upstanding citizen of the city. Maybe, it would be interesting to think that he is in reality a cop.
    That would definitely be a crazy plot twist in the thief universe

If anyone has any last minute playthrough stats, thoughts or impressions to get in please do so within the next few days as we'll be starting a new mission on the 25th of February!

Up next for those that want to clear time:

"Hidden Agenda" by Asylum! (Thanks to Nightwalker for the mission suggestion!)

Thanks for all!

A hope my fm not too frustrating for your! My english is very poor, and i try
    write short.

I tryed ma 7/10 fm not 10/10. But i work loot Under the work some
    mysterius bugs cause problem for me. I make all thing twice, one probe after,
    save the new changes.
    I tryed make this fm to low end machines i spend too much time to optimisation,
    and the low hardware map mean less object and ai, In 2003 i have 700mhz+gf2 and i hate lagging, slow gameplay .

Itry make good atmosfere, not extreme qualyty.

I enjoy good storyes in fm but for me is secondary.
    Garett not superhero only love the coopgirl.

After some years and plastical surgeoing the faces is difficult to recognize
    who is this man, and Garett travell to small, far town!

Thank you for your post tnl2 - if I gather this right, you are the creator of this FM? I'll try to translate your post the best I can:

Thank for your comments!

I hope my FM is not too frustrating for you. My english is poor so I will try to keep it short. I worked on the loot and while I was working some mysterious problems came up for me. I made everything twice and saved afterwards. I tried making this fan mission for low-end machines and spent alot of time on optimization.

Making it for low end hardware meant lower object counts and AI. In 2003 I had a 700 mhz + GF2 and I hate lagging, slow gameplay. I tried more for atmosphere instead of looks. I enjoy a good story in fan missions, but for me it is secondary. Garrett is not a superhero, he loves the coopgirl. (?)

After years pass and plastic surgery his face is difficult to recognize - and Garrett travels to a small town far away.
    I hope this is close to what you meant, and thank you again very much for posting about your mission! It was a great choice for our first mission to play together and it seems folks had fun trying it out.

Master Builder 2018
    tnl2 - Thank you for taking the time to respond to this thread. I enjoyed your mission very much. It was fun and well made. Are you still Dromeding? What country are you from?

Thank your's reply! I am from Hungary. I not continue making Fm-s, only
    possible demo fm. Dromed too buggy, frustrating me! Big, long work
    after anyone happen and my work is damaged.But possible repair this,
    if you found the problem, but possible lose severeal work if need return
    to older saved state of mission.
    Once I make thief fm builder , this allow to user make brushes, objects
    to thief from free pascal.(Similar to cowgen)
    I know much structure of the .mis file
    Sometime look inside the other fm (to find objectives, key,
    hidden things) I still play fm-s.

Even if you decided not to make another mission - its great to know that you are still around and playing fan missions! Hopefully you will play the next mission along with us as well

Thank you again for the mission you created.

Are you working on your own level creation tool for Thief with Pascal? If this is the case, you should get in contact with Volca or Haplo, they could use someone with your abilities for the Open Dark Engine.

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    I think it's amazing that we got the author of this FM to make a post. It kind of affirms the idea behind this playthrough group. I think I remember mentioning in a previous post that the readme talked about a cop-girlfriend that Garrett had in this mission.

The only hint to it was the line under bug fixes:
    - Garrett's girlfriend neutral, not attacked by ai

For kicks, I tried to lure an enemy into the cell with the female cop, but she didn't attack them.
    Tnl2, I understand the frustration with the glitches. But I'm glad that we got something out of it in the end.

I played this mission along time ago, and just finished it again. I only want to say that I think this mission was pretty good. It makes you think and look at things more than once. Only on this play through for example did I notice the ladder mentioned on the map. If you actually read the map, there are other hints as well. This is actualy a well thought out level that deserves the praise it gets.

Thank you to everyone (Including the missions creator!) that played through this mission and took the time to comment - you all made this a complete success and I'm thankful for the community being so willing to participate.

Thanks again to Xorak for bringing this idea to the forefront and to Pavlovscat for stepping up and suggesting the first mission for a new feature.

If anyone has any final playthrough comments on "Cop In The Shadows" please get those in tonight - tomorrow I'll be posting the thread for the next mission - "Hidden Agenda".

The first Volume of Thief:TIS was alot of fun for me, and hopefully the rest of you had fun as well. On to Volume Two!

I'm playing "Hidden Agenda" right now, and I have the feeling I am far in the mission, but now I am stuck! When you make the thread, maybe you can add a link to the original thread about it, so that people place their questions there...

Anybody got a partial lootlist or loot notes? Nightwalker maybe...it wouldn't take me long to finish it.

I've got a rough walkthrough that includes most of the loot. I think it's 100g. short. Email me if you'd like it and I'll forward it on.

Just finished this one, and while it was very linear, I did enjoy it. Loot was scattered in weird places, but I found over 90% of it without looking it up. I had to look up how to get into the warehouse though but felt stupid for overlooking it in the first place.

Great fun, gave it 7/10.

Hey, kudos for necromancing the first TIS's thread. Almost feeling a bit nsotalgic. ^^

i can't find a way into the machine house, where i should get the key for the estatement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234