TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 mission - Amoral Dilemma Feb. 15/09

I looked right at that Spiked fince and genorator and figured I couldn't get there Foolish me. Thanks. I must have missed a lot of loot but I don't have a clue as to where. If you haven't gotten the key to the safe from the sheriffs once you open the safe a secret gets solved.

Opening the Sheriff's safe should be an "Objective Complete," not a secret. But there is a secret in the police station - just check out the bookshelves.

Oh boy, your small description in the topic and the screens make this a MUST HAVE ASAP mission. Thanks.

The torc hidden under the closet floor doesn't count as a secret. I finished on Expert but was short of the total loot by almost 700g! I got 4 secrets though I can't remember where they all were so I'm going to start over again and keep track this time.

Very nice mission! Thanks.

Is there a use for the explosive charge I found? does it lead to another secret? Here I am going door to door saving and testing this device. This may take a while LOL...and it may be futile.

LOL no, I just wanted to see if anyone could actually find it....

the explosive
    Keeper's place
    bookcases
    An attic
    the tini under bed that moves bookcase
    ????

Check the Head Butler's room carefully....

Quote Originally Posted by Krush the Second View Post
    Check the Head Butler's room carefully....
    I've been frobbing every square inch of that room, and can't find anything.

HEHE, ok...the ceiling!

HEHE, ok...the ceiling!
    Well done. I even tried frobbing all the wall panels top to bottom and didn't notice that.

edit: There must be some really well hidden loot, because even with that last secret, I'm still a few hundred short on the loot total.

Well, I ran through it right before final release and got every single little coin. I know for a fact it's all accessible.

A few tough ones:

A coin in the dumpster outside Garrett's apartment

A coin in BlackFyre's fountain

A ring on Mrs. BlackFyre's sink.

A ring on the coffee table in the guest bedroom above the museum

A fine wine in the refrigerator in the pub.

A moneybox behind the bar in the pub (watch out for that barkeep, he's got a temper!)

There's a spice bag hidden under a book in a Hammerite's locker

A coin under a table on the balcony overlooking the pub area (Not the one with the nobleman, a different one).

Hi....I need some help.

When Garrett returns to his room after everything is done...

There is a note to say that you have to return to the mansion gates and rescue your trollop...but when I go there,nothing is happening...not a soul is around.

I must admit I have completed all my objectives and was spending time with Big-Stampie the Bot,down in the basement...just a bit of teasing and provoking you understand....so I was late home!

Would that have caused the non-event at the front gates?
    Last edited by JonesCrusher; 16th Feb 2009 at 19:17. Reason: spoiler didnt work

Master Builder 2018
    You have to go into the mansion and get your "trollop" first.

Ahh...where is the Bint hiding?

Well, I ran through it right before final release and got every single little coin. I know for a fact it's all accessible.

A few tough ones:

A coin in the dumpster outside Garrett's apartment

A coin in BlackFyre's fountain

A ring on the coffee table in the guest bedroom above the museum

A moneybox behind the bar in the pub (watch out for that barkeep, he's got a temper!)

There's a spice bag hidden under a book in a Hammerite's locker

I missed those. Thanks. I had found the money box at the bar, but then the bartender killed me. I forgot to go back and get it again after reloading. I'm still 50 short, and I think I'm going to give this one a rest for now. Thanks for a fun mission.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    Ahh...where is the Bint hiding?
    Try the basement rooms near the bot.

5 hours 14 minutes
    2239 of 2829 loot found
    14 of 15 pockets picked
    45 knockouts
    0 Kills
    1 iron beast disabled
    6 of 6 secrets ( I needed help finding some but if you looked hard enough you could find at least 5 of 6)
    My style of play Black Jacking

This was a very well made mission. The standout for me was the game play. The AI was extremely well placed. Taking time and planning a strategy to get through the situation was always available along with different ways to achieve the same goals. Secrets were kinda tough. Some arrow shots required excessive saving and reloading but that is a small issue. Had I known about an early secret I would have approached my first Knock Out from a different direction. This gives the mission some replay value for me. Weapons were well placed in needed situations. The ending was very different and got my heart pounding until I found a perch to see what was happening.

A great mission. This one goes to my favorites folder.

Thanks!

One more question

I'm also looking for a third piece of evidence... but apparently it's different than in the previous question regarding evidence.

I have: Vilnia's journal and the Mechanist sermon. Where's the third piece?

Thanks! (I'm playing expert difficulty.)

- prjames

P.S. I found a use for the explosive charge - slaughtering the mechanist robot with it. But I feared it might have the third piece of evidence so I replayed it and disabled it with water arrows - but still no third piece of evidence.

Check around the mansion bedroom with teal wallpaper.

Master Builder 2018
    Krush the Second - Thank you for an enjoyable mission! I finished with 2220 and 5/6 secrets. I had a few frustrating moments, mostly associated with the vine arrows but all in all you really hit the mark on this one. Very Thiefy and got better and better as it went on. I was glad to get the additional objective upon returning home since I wasn't ready for the mission to end. I particularly like the design of the chapel. Quite beautiful! Thanks again and really nice work.

Thank you :)

Thanks a lot for this amazing mission, I enjoyed every moment

nice twist in the end there

very good mission, it seemed bigger than it was

Great FM, Krush! Had an absolutely smashing time! Though some of the AI were easy to sneak up on, they were all hell to kill (that bartender DID NOT want to be KO'd and dropped my health-points down to 2, til I finally decided he wasn't worth it)! Graphics, etc., were great and enough places to explore to make the FM interesting. Even though I liked the twist at the end, I was expecting it to be much more difficult to get Jeanette back to our apartment. Still, this FM was very much worth 1hr. 55mins. of my day!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast