TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 mission - Amoral Dilemma Feb. 15/09

Well, if you are the type to blackjack everyone, the mission will probably be easy.

I made it more for ghosting. It's tough, but possible to go through all areas without alerting any guards.

I didn't mean to insult you or your hard work & efforts, my dear. It's usually the other way around; the AI are usually hard to sneak up on, but easy to kill (or KO). It provided a challenge for me though (especially in the Hammerite section; I swear they could hear me breathing!), and I really did like and enjoy your FM very much!

I don't ghost if I can help it; sometimes it's fun, but not as a steady diet (just my own humble opinion). I think I have more testosterone than is good for me sometimes.

Oh, no insults taken. I just think people might be missing out on the fun if they BJ everyone - it becomes kind of a walk in the park.

And I swear I didn't mess with the Hammerite's vision or hearing! Not sure why they were so alert on you....

It must be the perfume I'm wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    It must be the perfume I'm wearing.

"Mmmh, what is that smell? Eeh..smells like...old meat? Mh...what the..? Can't be me...I washed a few days ago."

A lady doesn't smell, she perspires.

Thangyaw B'Arts. Well said!

whew! I thought I did pretty well, but I guess not - 1000 short on loot and only two secrets!

very well done Krush! lots of hidden areas to explore, and excellent in-story reasons to return and explore places I'd already been.

secrets

can someone be more specific about two of the secrets:

an attic
    a tini under a bed found this - it's a tiny switch under the lord's bed!
    Last edited by blow; 18th Feb 2009 at 05:33.

Very nice indeed. Lots of nice little touches like the gentle slope of a street and the ground around the Hammer Church. Though the
    spoiler:
    ending was given away a bit by including the allow no harm objective at the start...I just knew the whole time that something was going to happen so finding the note upon returning home lost some zing. Still it added many more tense moments and lots more skulls to thwap/thump/boing/smack so it's all good.

Stats (expert)

4hrs...2122 loot...13/15 pockets...10 locks...58KO's/1 Air....Delt 84 ...Took 13...No kills (just wouldn't be sporting...but I did have to poke the bartender a few times so he'd run away and allow me to carry my date back home.) 1 Child of Karras was given the 'ol water enema...1 body discovered (not sure who or how but leaving a trail of lumpy heads as long as I did things are bound to happen)....4/6 secrets (damn I thought I was being thorough! )

Heh, actually I had to put a "don't hurt Jeanette" objective just so people wouldn't kill her.

It wouldn't make much sense to chop off Jeanette's head and then be asked to rescue her later, yes?

Cool mission. I got 2555 loot, all 6 secrets thanks to this thread (I only found 2 on my own) and a good laugh from breaking the drunkard out of prison.

spoiler:
    (Unfortunately, he chose that exact moment to drop dead from...let's call it "alcohol poisoning" and leave it at that. No, I can't explain how alcohol poisoning can force open a steel door. That loud bang was just a bird flying overhead. The drunkard's clothes had always had that "singed look" about them. Why are you looking at me like that?)

I also found a graphical glitch. I chopped down the two "B F" banners in the small marketplace. What was left behind was...interesting to look at.

Need some evidence help

I have Blackfyer's notes and Mechanist sermon but have had no luck finding a third one. Any help appreciated. Thanks, The Geez

There actually is a thread with this information lower down the page. But anyways the evidence you seek is in the basement. Check that mechanists room real good especialy under the bed.

Right now I'm stumned ...!
    I really don't know what game you're talking about or you, Oldgeezer, what you're reffering about.

This is SPOOKY for me.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    I have Blackfyer's notes and Mechanist sermon but have had no luck finding a third one. Any help appreciated. Thanks, The Geez

Because there are over 300 FMs and the original missions, it would help the rest of the members, as well as yourself, if you NAME THE MISSION when you ask for help.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    ...I really don't know what game you're talking about or you, Oldgeezer, what you're reffering about.
    He is talking about Amoral Dilemma and here is the thread for that FM.

Classical Master 2008
    This was a really nice mission. The use of coloured light to emphasise and lend depth to architecture was well realised (it is very often not, so this is a major plus); the details were fine and the gameplay interesting. There were a few places where it was downright hard to figure out how to deal with the AI, and one (the bridge in the basement) where I had to use a flashbomb just to KO two archers. It is also always great when climbing up on stuff is rewarded!

Thanks for an enjoyable FM, Krush!

I'll combine this with the main thread.

You're welcome Melan...but you DID figure out how to ghost past those 2 guys right?

Classical Master 2008
    No, just knocked them out. Maybe on a replay.

How disappointing!

Thank you so much, downloading now!!!!

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush the Second View Post
    You're welcome Melan...but you DID figure out how to ghost past those 2 guys right?
    I did Krush. It was very neat the way you set it up.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast