TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 mission - Amoral Dilemma Feb. 15/09

You can rope up to the balcony behind her back, then jump down on the other side around the corner where she can't see you. If you carefully drop onto the stone overhang with the statue, you won't make a sound or take damage either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecraftian View Post
    You like women who make every statement sound like a question by raising their voice at the end of every sentence?

Great mission though
    Sorry i didnīt understood your question, my mother language is not English, could you be more specific? Obrigado

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieAlme View Post
    Excellent mission. Ghosted it except for the female cop outside the pub. Was there another way to get back to the first part of town without knocking her out? I suppose there are some windows I might have been able to use.
    i kept reading threaths where people say they ghost a mission, what is that? may i know how do i ghost a mission? thanks

Ghosting means you don't kill or blackjack any NPC's, and you don't even get detected by them.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Ghosting means you don't kill or blackjack any NPC's, and you don't even get detected by them.
    Isnīt that somehow boring? i like to fight once in a while and show my presence to scare the enemys...i surely like to sneak , but sometimes i like a bit of more action...otherwise it would be to much splintercell, and i donīt enjoy that game, it has to many rules, donīt sound the alarm, donīt kill anyone, donīt let yourself be seen...blah , blah... i like to feel free as bird and explore easly any place

Depends on your style of play. There are some hard core ghosters out there. Its not easy sometimes to ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Depends on your style of play. There are some hard core ghosters out there. Its not easy sometimes to ghost.
    Then iīm pleased to say that my next mission will consist in two parts ,in wich the first part, the player will have to avoid constantly facing the enemy, i guess this should sound interesting for ghosters

On the contrary, I think ghosting is the most enjoyable style of play. It requires timing, a keen sense of speed vs silence, observation. I feel cheap whenever I blackjack someone. And I'm a big believer in ghosting a mission the first time you play it, on expert. Ghosting a mission after you've already played it on normal while knocking everyone out is for sissies.

One of Krush's earlier missions, Forbidden Rites, was a great mission to ghost first-time.

Walkthrough & Lootlist

Nightwalker has written a walkthrough (I did a bit) and lootlist for this excellent mission. They'll be up at The Circle when the new server gets going but if anyone would like a preview please PM me.

Ditto if anyone would like to mirror them.

I noticed a few strange issues with this mission. I thought maybe it is something with my setup, but it doesn't happen with other missions.

* In loadout, vine arrows cost 150 while their cose is written to be 200
    * Initial convo with Jeanette is... Let's say I had to set in-game volume to maximum and twist volume control on my headphones so that white noise could be heard in another room to hear it
    * For some reason, perspective is oddly distorted... Everything is somehow either larger, taller or higher - can't quite grasp which of these is the case.

Have scoured the map, checked every body - no key for sheriff's safe or for armory - can someone give me a detailed step-by-step of where to find these?

taffedinthehead: the Sheriff's key is on the desk in his apartment (window N of Sir Sebastian's balcony).

The armoury key is in a secret place in the Police Station general office.

Bigger spoiler: check out the south bookshelves.

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    taffedinthehead: the Sheriff's key is on the desk in his apartment (window N of Sir Sebastian's balcony).

Bigger spoiler: check out the south bookshelves.
    Thanks - cool level, overall. Very open - lots of ways to go - I like that!!

Quote Originally Posted by ffox View Post
    Damn, I spent ages searching for that, I had to ghost the escape with Jeanette (after dumping her body for a while) as I hadn't any more arrows left and 4 hammers on tail, the gas arrow I saw in the armoury would have helped.

Overall a great mission, well worth the time spent playing.

Ummm....

I'm having a hard time downloading it

Filefront made me skip to the homepage! Rapidshare wants me to pay (I don't think so) I payed more than enough to ttlg !!!

Can I download it for free somewhere?
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 13th Mar 2009 at 21:57. Reason: don't know, Duh!!

Acolyte6 - here

A quick question at the start... & now near end

In the beginning (in Garrett's room) the girl says "here's the key", but I can't find no key in my inventory or anywhere in the room. I would think she would place it on the table next to her

Never did find the key, but got in to the mansion anyway

What's in the sheriff's safe? Couldn't find the key to that either... Now to go rescue the girl...
    Last edited by Acolyte6; 16th Mar 2009 at 18:03. Reason: new question

She does place it on the table. You should see her walk over and reach out to the table, where she drops the key.

If something went wrong, don't worry. You don't really need that key to finish the mission.

Ghost
    I've played several FMs recently, so it's possible they're running together in my mind, but didn't Jeanette tell me that the alarm switch was up in the attic? I might have misheard her.

How do I get up into the attic? I've been all over BlackFyre's pad and I can't find stairs, a ladder, or a lift that goes up higher than the floor with the bedrooms.

Thanks,

Dafydd

There is no attic - it's in the basement.

Keeper of FMs
    Here's The Circle's link:
    Amoral Dilemma

I must be blind as a bat. For the life of me, I cannot find the Hammer priest desk to dump the evidence on. I assume it's in the hammer temple, but nothing highlights. Help please....

I also didn 't notice that room first. It's next to the library, just walk past the wall and check every door on the second floor. There is a priest walking in it, and there is a desk placed...

Maybe my copy of this mission is flawed. There are three rooms on the third floor and none of the furniture highlights. I even tried putting the evidence on each desk just in case with no results. I'm ready to give up because this is the last objective before rescuing the babe.

Strange, there is no 3rd floor.... But anyway, it's the big bedroom on the 2nd floor directly across from the big church area. Drop the books on the desk with the green lamp.

The desk does not highlight, just use your "R" key to drop the books on top of it.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast