TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: T3 FM: The Hotel (17.02.2009) Update: v1.6

i am playing version 2 now (at least i think thats what its called), and see that savar did a lot of redecorating and reconstruction

however i can not find titmars emerald.

also, in the abandoned wing there is a "landlord's study" which is closed. is there a key for it?

also, in the abandoned wing there is a "landlord's study" which is closed. is there a key for it?
    Carefully search the room with the exit of an abandoned hotel. There you can enter without a key.

Mvs,

you might want to lookup the thread for version 2.0
    Page 1 has a clue for the emerald.

Where can I find a wand? I'm trying but still nothing, I play version 2.0

Search in the room shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Savar View Post
    Search in the room shaman.

Thank you found it and finished the mission. Nice and long mission.

Just out of curiousity are there any zombies in this fm?

Yes

Does anyone still have a copy of v1.6? I already checked the following sites: Darkfate, Darklurker, South Quarter, Taffers Paradise, The Keep of Metal and Gold, Thief Missions. v3.0 and v2.0 can be downloaded from these sites. fortuni provided me with a copy of v1.3. I have yet to find a copy of v1.6.

The Hotel v1.3

Finished v1.3. I am not sure about the differences to v1.6, but I can compare v1.3 to v2.0.

Stats:
    • Expert
    • 82 minutes
    • 91% loot
    • 1 hint needed

Hints needed:
    • Missed a secret button behind a door in a bathroom that reopens the bookshelf in the room with the invisible ghost.

Comparison of v1.3 with v2.0:
    • Entire rooms were added or removed between v1.3 and v2.0.
    • AIs were added, removed, or placed in different locations.
    • Wall textures and decorations were improved in v2.0.
    • The layout of the pub and the kitchen near the starting location is different.
    • The door to the abandoned south wing in the guard room can be opened in v1.3. This door cannot be opened from at least v2.0 onwards.
    • There is a hidden room behind a bookshelf in the library of the abondoned wing that was removed from at least v2.0 onwards.
    • The cramped rooms behind Garrett's room were removed entirely from at least v2.0 onwards.
    • The guest rooms two flights below Garrett's room and the indoor pool do not exist in v1.3.
    • v1.3 has a 90% loot goal on all difficulty levels. The loot goal is different between difficulty levels in later versions.
    • v1.3 does not load into Stonemarket after the player exits the mission.

Bugs:
    • Twice encountered a hard crash to the desktop after I opened the door to the lounge in the abondoned south wing.
    • You can get stuck on the wooden beams in the attic above the pub in the abandoned wing.

So which version is the best in your opinion? I think I prefer v_3.0 but it’s a long time since I played them all.

v2.0 is my favourite among the three versions I played. It has more refined architecture and textures than v1.3. Also, I like the changes that were made to the layout and the interiors of the rooms in v2.0. In comparison, v3.0 has some refinements which I appreciate, like the undead with the helmet who now appears to eat the corpse on the ground. On the other hand, v3.0 adds mandatory secret areas that tripped up my playthrough several times. I felt those did not add significantly to the mission. Instead, some additions made the map feel janky, like when Savar could not connect the pub in the abandoned wing with the new sewer area he had built, so he has players teleported to a new connecting room when they touch the door.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789