TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172227 ... LastLast

Thread: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Quote Originally Posted by FloPPynstein View Post
    Thank you very much mothra.

I think the problem is actually bigger.

I've found the fsgame.ltx as there is no user.ltx in CoP.
    I've set
    vid_mode [WxH]
    for example vid_mode [800x600]

but it crashes the game.

The user.ltx is located in Docs&Settings/All Users/Documents/Stalekr - Call of Pripyat

I believe you need to find a variable that sets display rate to 60Hz, or maybe try force it via videocard drivers.

I think you've cracked it, refresh rate seems to cause some pain in the ass.

The path is Users - Public - Public Documents - stalke~1.-
    But there is no file there, just an empty folder named logs.
    I think that's because I have to restart over and over again
    The file is auto generated and I haven't entered and exit the game.

I've found the following variable on tweakguides
    rs_refresh_60hz [on,off]

Can anyone with Vista send me please a user.ltx for Call of Pripyat. Thank you.

It's strange you have problems because the refresh rate is set to 60Hz by default. I had to "uncheck" the check box because I have CRT.

The quest design in this game is really great, it feels like they're actually using dialogue and the engine to their full potential. Also, you can really feel the optimizations.
    So far the only hitch is I'm having trouble finding an artifact that reduces radiation.

Damnit! Where's MY awesome game, you commie bastards

Quote Originally Posted by TF View Post
    So far the only hitch is I'm having trouble finding an artifact that reduces radiation.
    If it's not random, it seem to be at the "claw" anomaly, in the small cave at the top IIRC. I guess it's lesser in the line (radiation -2), but at least something

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    You need to be grateful, we'll test it for ya

The refresh rate is somehow set to 120 hz and that's killing my CRT.

I need to change it via user.ltx but I need the file from someone with Vista and Call of Pripyat.

Thank you in advance.

Or, does anybody know how to force it via Nvidia Control Panel? (I've tried with Vertical Sync - Force off/on, but no crack at all)
    Last edited by FloPPynstein; 5th Oct 2009 at 12:06.

If you're sure the game hasn't created user.ltx because you didn't exit the game properly, you may try to do that blindfold, see one of my screenshots for whereabouts of exit button, the button is the most bottom one.

PS: Vertical sync isn't what you need. You need an option to force a refresh rate, videocard drivers surely should allow that.
    Last edited by 242; 5th Oct 2009 at 12:19.

Believe me I've been drooling over threads of C.o.P. since it's been out, waiting for time to go by faster.

Yeeesssss

I've cracked it!

I've found a force refresh program, I think it's RefreshForce or something.

I've forced 85 hz refresh rate on resolution modes that had 120 hz by default, and Yay, It Worked.

A great mod I found, it makes the range of visibility 3 times larger without noticeable FPS impact (at least on my system).

Far objects are out of focus, but I like the effect, the overall picture looks much more rich than before, plus it's really helpful for better orientation.

A few screenshots with the mod:

Here you can see that with the mod it's possible to see even the Iron Forest via binoculars from the Skadovsk:

Dammit! Hurry up and give us a release date for Europe! I'm fed up of avoiding this thread.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    A great mod I found, it makes the range of visibility 3 times larger without noticeable FPS impact (at least on my system).
    That looks impressive, not Crysis-impressive but impressive nonetheless.

Seriously though, why you can't enable AA? What the hell, GSC? It's not even a console game.

release date for europe is known like .... forever:
    http://www.amazon.de/NAMCO-BANDAI-Pa...4834152&sr=8-1

6.11.2009 for german version.

also, 242, I seem to be stupid but where on the page you linked is the downloadlink, i can only see the filename displayed but no download button/link.

there's a yandex captcha in the bottom left with a green "download" button (Скачать)

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    That looks impressive, not Crysis-impressive but impressive nonetheless.
    Well, different art styles. Crysis is colourful and shiny with bells and whistles here and there, more detailed graphically, but still less photo-realistic. Art style makes a huge difference.

Seriously though, why you can't enable AA? What the hell, GSC? It's not even a console game.
    Hey, I think AA works in Stalkers on nVidia cards, it's my ATI doesn't want to enable AA in Stalkers somehow. Maybe there is a way by forcing it via video drivers, but it actually doesn't bother me much.

also, 242, I seem to be stupid but where on the page you linked is the downloadlink, i can only see the filename displayed but no download button/link.
    You enter the number and then press the green button at the bottom.
    Last edited by 242; 6th Oct 2009 at 09:22.

Taking a break
    Well, different art styles.
    I was talking about viewdistance. It's just larger in Crysis.

thx 242, I had my NoScript/AdBlock addons activated and the captcha never appeared for me on the page, hence the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Hey, I think AA works in Stalkers on nVidia cards, it's my ATI doesn't want to enable AA in Stalkers somehow. Maybe there is a way by forcing it via video drivers, but it actually doesn't bother me much.
    Apparently, the X-Ray Engine makes use of deferred rendering techniques, making AA inapplicable, same as with the Unreal 3 Engine.

yeah, this has been in the engine since soc. it is no news.

I could force AA in both SoC and CS via the basic Nvidia control panel (so it would probably work in CoP too), but it just gives too much of a performance hit (2xAA is ok-ish, 4xAA will kill you). Unless you have a mega lean mean uber machine of a pc rig to handle everything.

Another question for people playing the game already, if you don't mind. Bullet points on the official site mentioned that now Blowouts significantly affect the Zone, like anomalies shifting their places, new artifacts generated. I guess mothra said that there are more mutants after Blowouts but what about anomlies? Are anomalies in different spots and are artifacts randomly generated after Blowouts?

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    Another question for people playing the game already, if you don't mind. Bullet points on the official site mentioned that now Blowouts significantly affect the Zone, like anomalies shifting their places, new artifacts generated. I guess mothra said that there are more mutants after Blowouts but what about anomlies? Are anomalies in different spots and are artifacts randomly generated after Blowouts?

Anomalies mainly are concentrated in special zones like in CS (but each zone looks unique and interesting and has special name), and there are also few here and there outside of the "fields". As for the shifting anomalies after blowouts, I honestly didn't notice that (but I noticed the anomalies were less deadly than before, maybe it's only on the first map though). As for the blowout-generated artifacts, yes, after blowouts artifacts randomly appear in the anomaly fields, but not always at all, and not many.

BTW, it's possible to survive a blowout outside, there is special pill for that.

PS: Addition about new achievements system I mentioned: the achievements actually bring various bonuses. F.e. after I got the "Detective" achievement, stalkers regularly put few medkits in by box on Skadovsk.
    Last edited by 242; 6th Oct 2009 at 12:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
    I could force AA in both SoC and CS via the basic Nvidia control panel (so it would probably work in CoP too), but it just gives too much of a performance hit (2xAA is ok-ish, 4xAA will kill you). Unless you have a mega lean mean uber machine of a pc rig to handle everything.
    Are you sure it actually works, and you're not just taking a performance hit over imagining things? Can you link some screenshots? Now, I've had trouble with the latest driver with forcing AA through the last nVidia Catalyst on TES4 and Drakan, so I don't know whether it's the same thing with STALKER, but here's a comparison shot for you - side by side, left to right, no AA, 2X, 16X:

Look at the fallen door outline. As you can see, it's exactly the same.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172227 ... LastLast