TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192429 ... LastLast

Thread: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Taking a break
    This year?

well, yeah, I thought everbody already knows that. bitcomposer, small german publisher releases COP november in germany, spring 2010 rest of europe/world.
    gsc released it themselves in the east. so, yeah, this year.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    bitcomposer, small german publisher releases COP november in germany, spring 2010 rest of europe/world.
    Oh yeah? Well fuck you!

So it seems like COP is the first game to really benefit from 64bit systems. I installed Windows 7 and it looks prettier and runs smoother.

It still doesn't look as good as some of the screenshots on nvnews though. What's up with that? Apparently there are some tweaks and mods to make it look way better, but it's all kept under wrap like some sort of state secret.

vision distance mod has been posted in this thread. apart from that you have to check out forums like guru3d where the tech-nuts show off their different user.ltx files. with this file alone you can totally change the STALKER experience. AND of course, CallOfPripyat supports DX11 now, so if you don't have a new ATI card capable of it, it will never look as good as in the screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    vision distance mod has been posted in this thread.
    I think it kills a fog. I play with the mod, and I think there should be a fog randomly in the unmodified game, but it never appears with the mod.

Can you help me,please ??
    I don't know what to do here. I attached 2 links,here.
    Please help me. Thanks.
    http://img385.imageshack.us/content....pg&via=mupload

http://img385.imageshack.us/content....pg&via=mupload

It's a side quest, you can't open the door from this side.

You get inside through the code lock door and return through this door. But first, you need to find a broken gauss rifle in Pripyat and deliver it to Кардан (technician on Skadovsk), he'll give you the code to find documentation in the dungeon, so that he could fix the rifle. I had a strange bug though, it seems nobody had it - I hadn't even left Zaton but the code door was already open and there wasn't any pseudogiant inside (it should be), and Kardan had the rifle after I delevered the docs. So I got a gauss rifle in Zaton, even though I wasn't supposed to get it before Pripyat.

The game is pretty long if you choose to do all optional quests, there are plenty of them, also some hidden quests, many people will just miss them, because they require kind of meticulous play. I still haven't finished the game (haven't been in Pripyat yet), and I think I already spent more than 30-40 hours, got 6 or 7 achievements, found 30 artifacts, finished almost all optional quests in Zaton and Jupiter (but not all), found the Oasis too (pure luck though) The quality of quests are comparable with Fallout 3's ones, or Gothic 1/2. This game gets 85% from me currently.
    Last edited by 242; 15th Oct 2009 at 20:25.

So,what shall i do now ?

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    got 6 or 7 achievements
    Do they give you anything or are just there for next-gen?

I started a replay today, and a task item definitely wasn't in the same place it was last time I played, probably a first for the series.
    spoiler:
    laptop with info at the mercenaries' base, spawns either in sewers or top level of building

I think the problem I have with the graphics is that in my game it's just overcast or stormy all the time. Must be some sort of bug. Surely Ukraine has sunny days?

Quote Originally Posted by klouxxx View Post
    So,what shall i do now ?
    About this quest you should do nothing for now. Until you get to Pripyat at least. Or I misunderstood you and you just couldn't find exit? Describe your situation if I misunderstood.

Yes, they bring various bonuses in-game.

F.e. when you get "Hunter", some free ammo appears in your box in Yanov, or "Tagged by the Zone" lets you survive blowouts even without special pills.

I think the problem I have with the graphics is that in my game it's just overcast or stormy all the time. Must be some sort of bug. Surely Ukraine has sunny days?
    Plenty, not so in autumn though. May be it's just me, but I noticed that the weather in Zaton generally was worse than in Jupiter
    Last edited by 242; 16th Oct 2009 at 07:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Apparently more than just pure "ur specail" reassurance.

PS: Addition about new achievements system I mentioned: the achievements actually bring various bonuses. F.e. after I got the "Detective" achievement, stalkers regularly put few medkits in by box on Skadovsk.

Now the things I don't like.

The main problem is absence of any kind of deficiency very quickly after start. I haven't any deficiency of ammo, weapons, armour, or money. They all can be restocked very quickly. Perhaps it can be much more problematic if you'll choose to not do optional quests though, I don't know.

The second problem is lack of space. Even though the maps are bigger than before, quest objects are too close to each other just because now, in absolute majority of cases, you don't need to leave a map to accomplish a quest you get on this map, and there are much more quests than before, so more quest givers and places.

The third problem is lack of ominous atmosphere of SoC. I almost hadn't a true sense of loneliness/danger when I surveyed the landscape (which I had in SoC often) because of proximity of safe places/neutral characters. Maybe the mod that expands the view distance that I use is for worse after all. Zaton and Jupiter are generally safe, f.e. the Wild Territory or Radar or Yantar of SoC were considerably more dangerous/ominous.

About this quest you should do nothing for now. Until you get to Pripyat at least. Or I misunderstood you and you just couldn't find exit? Describe your situation if I misunderstood.

Yes, they bring various bonuses in-game.

F.e. when you get "Hunter", some free ammo appears in your box in Yanov, or "Tagged by the Zone" lets you survive blowouts even without special pills.

Plenty, not so in autumn though. May be it's just me, but I noticed that the weather in Zaton generally was worse than in Jupiter
    Yes,i couldn't find the exit.

Yes,i couldn't find the exit.
    Did you go inside through the code lock door, found docs inside, and can't return back now? If not, I don't understand how you can't find the way you went here, just return back, you missed something. If yes, both the code lock door and this door should be open, you may get inside only through the code lock door, but you can return through either of them.

I'm inside that building. I didn't find any documents,yet.
    I think they are somewhere behind this gate ( grill door,whatever),but i can't open the grill door,i mean,when im getting close to the grill door,i receive a message,in russian.
    I'm really confused.

I'm inside that building. I didn't find any documents,yet.
    I think they are somewhere behind this gate ( grill door,whatever),but i can't open the grill door,i mean,when im getting close to the grill door,i receive a message,in russian.
    I'm really confused.

As i wrote, you can't open the door from this side.
    You may be inside the building (just in a case, it's the building in the area of "Железный Лес", right?), but also you may be either beyond the code lock door (not the one on your shots, the one on your shots is exit), or not. I suppose you haven't been in Pripyat yet and so haven't unlocked the code lock door. Forget about the grill door for now, come back outside the way you went there. You can't get beyond the grill door until you find a broken gauss rifle in Pripyat, and it will be not soon.

Anyone else encountering problems with some items?

Items I've only seen as quest rewards: ammo for granade launchers, Veles detectors

Items I've never seen: infrared and nightvision scopes, heavy faction suits

It seems weird to give the best stuff away on the ship in the beginning, but make e.g. scopes ultra-rare or even non-existent. It makes me think it's a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by denisv View Post
    Anyone else encountering problems with some items?
    Not at all (from those I was interested in), that's a thing I don't like about CoP.

Items I've only seen as quest rewards: ammo for granade launchers, Veles detectors
    I don't use a grenade launcher, but it seems you may be right about ammo, I rarely saw grenades. As for the Veles, I found 4. 1 I got for killing Chimera, 2 were found in stashes (excavator in Капачи, don't remember the second stash), and one I found on a corpse.

Items I've never seen: infrared and nightvision scopes, heavy faction suits
    I saw nightvision scopes available for purchasing a few times, but I wasn't interested somehow. As for heavy faction suits, your best bet is Шустрый. Clear Sky's assault suit is the best until you find calibration tools in Pripyat and upgrade Exoskeleton for sprint. The heavy faction suits you get as rewards for appropriate achievements (you have to accomplish a number of certain quests for one faction).
    Last edited by 242; 17th Oct 2009 at 18:26.

I'm on my second playthrough (now with new translation, W7, and master difficulty) and I haven't seen the scopes.

I end up using the Stalker suit because the heavier suits have only one artifact slot (I found the Heart of Oasis this time, by chance) and cost too much to repair. I've got the unique Thunder, but I rarely use it because it costs a lot to repair.

Artifacts seem kind of dull in COP. Only downside to them is -1,-2 or -4 radiation? Weren't there interesting artifacts in SoC that e.g. gave you nice bonuses but made you bleed to death in two seconds? I think much more could've been done with this. Looks like it'll have to wait for mods.

Clearinghouse

According to the GSC forums, the first patch (1.6.01) is out and one of the points is that it improves texture quality for 32-bit OS. How's the game now? Are textures back to the highest res on XP?

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    According to the GSC forums, the first patch (1.6.01) is out and one of the points is that it improves texture quality for 32-bit OS. How's the game now? Are textures back to the highest res on XP?
    It's not out yet, should be out at the end of this month.

PS: I got a game stopping bug almost at the very end of the game (black screen during talking to Kovalskiy after X8), so I can't end the game, at least until the patch is released. I hope it will fix it. I believe the bug is caused by the fact that I got the gauss rifle in Zaton without appropriate quest which was a bug itself too. They are hopeless regarding bugs it seems.
    Last edited by 242; 20th Oct 2009 at 15:55.

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192429 ... LastLast