TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6111621222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

According to this list you can't.

Ah, thats the relevant bit. Cheers.

I added it to steam but it was obviously just a link (because shortcuts on the desktop and start menu are just so inconvenient. I obviously need more). I figured it'd probably be a specific deal that counts any old purchase on steam regardless of where you got it.

Anyway, $30 US is pretty nice. On $34 AU at current rates compared to at least $60 in local retail.
    *sigh* I don't want to be dependant on steam for all my games, but with these prices it's rapidly becoming the case.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Jashin View Post
    I was like wow, my body must've been standing here for a while, waiting for my soul to come down. There's no indication that I had traversed long distance to enter the zone.
    Except your entire inventory being in shambles. Also, if you look closely, the last slide of the intro is almost exactly what you see when you start the game.

You goddamn kids are so spoiled by the in-engine cutscenes nowodays

Just finished COP for the first time. 10/10 I love this game. The side quests are all really good and really interesting. Very fun, lengthy, interesting and cheap price!~

Some of the cut-scenes highlight the poor animations of the guys, and there's far less armor than in previous S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s but maybe I missed some these are my only gripes.

I'm sure I missed some things. I never found a FT-200M or an under-body launcher for the Freedom guns.

Everything they did was an improvement imo. I love exploring the huge maps and the A life is fun to watch and much more interesting than previously, I love that stashes aren't all hidden in boxes anymore and you can even find some not marked on your map. Money is very useful as are the anomalies. The side missions are well worth doing you get some really interesting stuff! I found the shotguns to actually be useful this time around. In the previous STALKERs I never used shotties.

Most importantly the story, in my opinion, is the best yet. It was really interesting imo and you really get the feeling like your in the Zone (a desolate dangerous area). I found myself being actually concerned that the AI on my team didn't die, I had 4 guys with me on the road to Pripryat and I didn't want any of them to die

The engine this time round is way more stable. I had one crash when a nade went off but other than that the 20+ hrs it took me to beat the game the first time through nothing went wrong and overall it ran very smoothly except in non-combative parts. But my specs are getting a lil old so I wasn't expecting much.

I loved SOC and CS and I'm happy to say COP is probably the best yet

Quote Originally Posted by duckman View Post
    I'm sure I missed some things. I never found a FT-200M or an under-body launcher for the Freedom guns.
    FT200M Nimble has it, he has three assault rifles the FT200M being one. I also spotted a Freedom chappie toting one at Yanov

Under-body grenade launcher The trader at Yanov should get them in occasionally if you've got the Wealthy achievement

I didn't find a Bulldog grenade launcher, though. Is it in the game?
    Last edited by driver; 15th Feb 2010 at 08:08.

Quote Originally Posted by driver View Post
    FT200M Nimble has it, he has three assault rifles the FT200M being one. I also spotted a Freedom chappie toting one at Yanov

Under-body grenade launcher The trader at Yanov should get them in occasionally if you've got the Wealthy achievement

I didn't find a Bulldog grenade launcher, though. Is it in the game?
    yeah, the best weapons you get from the sadovsk trader in the first map AFTER you took over the artifact trade since he now thinks he is the next you gonna overthrow. everything else is in stashes or random enemies / faction members. I defenitely saw the bull somewhere.

Played thru it now and its great. Most reviews sounded like "same old for fans" but they really got the formula nailed down now. Its bug free, damage balance is good, weapon balance is good (useful shotguns like in AMK omg) the only mod this will ever need is prolly for random quests and wandering anomalies. If only it had those and were longer it would be the best Stalker game hands down.

Also never thought id miss shooting bandits, its almost too quiet in parts. I had one red group of bandits in the whole game XD

Regarding FT2000 : Saw a whole group of stalkers with those at the sawmill. Was pretty late in the game tho. But altho its prolly the best gun in the game I prefer a certain rifle modded to load normal ol ak bullets ordered from nimble ;p

This is a great game. I love the simplicity of it. It really doesn't try to lead you by the hand much (or at least covers it up when it does) The trickle of information, the "Go find out how to do this" quests with nothing marked on the map, few clues etc are awesome.

Anyway; mods. Who's compared the view distance mods? I've got the one 242's mentioned and Xobars. Judging by the files they are quite different in implimentation.
    I'll give them both a quick try soon, but I was wondering if anyone else had tried them out long term to compare them and had some thoughts.

Taking a break
    I took 242's mod and simply adjusted it more to my liking - decreased the max viewdistance to 750 to avoid the extreme blurry jarredness of super far objects, and it scales with weather(650 when cloudy, 550 when rainy, etc.). It takes two minutes, just DIY.

Any good, recommended online retailers that have a deal on this in the US? I want a physical copy. Thanks.

GOGAMER.COM

Thank you sir.

well, i just replayed clear sky (in as quick as possible with weightmods and in normal diff) so I can get it over with. Now I am just on my way to the red forest / brain scorcher in SOC (complete mod + realistic weapons in master diff) so soon I will replay Pripyat the 4th time and this year's STALKER cycle is complete until the lost alpha comes out. it's good to be a stalker fan

Is there a 'no time limit on quests' mod for Call of Pripyat? Can't find one.

don't know any. but also had no problems with the limits given if I don't took too many jobs at once.

Ah, thanks. I have ordered my copy, but don't actually have it yet. My #1 problem and the only mod I truly felt essential to Shadow of Chernobyl. Hopefully, it (the STUPID time limits) are less restrictive in this game. I never played, nor do I want to, Clear Sky so I don't know how it worked in that game.

I haven't seen any time limits on quests except for Beard's artifact jobs. They make sense since the idea is that someone else comes along and does them, or something like that. I've got a huge list of side missions sitting there and none of them have expired yet.

btw: check this out, it's awesome. best vis distance and weather mod imo:
    http://atmosfear.crommcruac.com/call-of-pripyat/

Quote Originally Posted by Muzman View Post
    I haven't seen any time limits on quests except for Beard's artifact jobs. They make sense since the idea is that someone else comes along and does them, or something like that. I've got a huge list of side missions sitting there and none of them have expired yet.
    Thank you. My copy JUST arrived this morning, and Beard's first quest frightened me off due to the time limit. I can deal with those quests having time constraints, but generally speaking, I take my time and like to explore in my games. Time limits just serve to turn me off of the game entirely.

With Beard's quests I just take them as and when I have the artifact already in my possession.

There's only a few at the beginning that's timed. The artifact for beard (didn't even know this was timed), the bandit/stalker fight at the other beached tanker, and the bandit arms meet at the ranger station.

I don't understand your problem. Just trim your inventory and go do it when you get the quest, there's not too many of those. Getting the wheel thingy for beard is really really easy.

Bought CoP special edition from play.com and it arrived on Thursday.

A very good game so far. I have lots of fun hunting for artifacts and doing missions. But my favorite thing is the scenery and the atmosphere; nothing like going to the burnt farmstead at nighttime with only the starting gear.

One thing I hate though; the trader in Skadovsk (Owl?) won't accept guns unless they're in good condition. Earning money won't be quite so easy this time around.

Thief2X

Depending on the type of gun and how badly they are damaged, you can pay to have them repaired and then sell them and still make a small profit. After a while you'll get a feel for which ones you should collect in the field and which ones should just be dumped. Of course, this is only useful at the beginning while you are scrounging for pennies and is not needed once you start making nice money in other ways. Later on there are also ways to get free repairs, but that's a story for another time.

I think the limit for making a profit on repaired guns is like 3 empty bars for a rough estimate, not sure now. Normal grenades are 100 rubles a piece, good early money also in some cases you might make more by leaving a heavy gun in favor of the ammo, worth way less than in SoC tho.

Most money is still artifacts, stash the stuff you know Beard collects (id think twice about selling bubbles and the better antirads tho). Regarding artifacts i think theres actually a rush hour to beat, never found anything detectable by a standard detector after 15 o clock

in COP you are swimming in money, weapons and ammo if you do it right and are not greedy. at least it's not like in Metro2033 where you don't have to buy anything to survive.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6111621222324252627282930 LastLast