TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3813182324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Well that sucks then. I am running Vista 64bit, with the retail version. Some forums suggest it could be a lighting problem, but I have changed the settings around and the crashes still occur.

Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    Well that sucks then. I am running Vista 64bit, with the retail version. Some forums suggest it could be a lighting problem, but I have changed the settings around and the crashes still occur.
    nVidia? Have you tried changing the DX version you're using? All I can think of really.

Maybe try having a fiddle with the view/lighting distance sliders too

Also seconding Event Viewer

ok, just to puts everyones minds at ease, just a simple reinstall seemed to do the trick. Oh yeh, and Call of Pripyat is fucking awesome, it really blew me away with that early on quest to find the bloodsucker lair and you go underneath the Krug complex with all the sleeping suckers.

Agreed. Honestly the only thing that has been a letdown is the voice acting, and I guess thats just where they ran out of money (at least in the english version, I would happily take subtitles if my steam version had the option).

Taking a break
    Does the language switch option still work in Steam? There's a fan patch that adds subtitles.

Not that I can find. Perhaps there is a config file to edit somewhere, but I just "finished" the game so its not a big deal now. I totally spent 40 hours playing the game too, how long did other people take? I didn't even explore all of pripyat either, I'm gonna go back and kill monolith at the end and go explore the places I missed armed to the teeth

I think it was about 60-80hrs for me, or even more.
    But I didn't finish it because of a bug near the end - couldn't talk to military leader after I returned from the Pripyat's lab, and the bug was unfortunately initiated in the very beginning - the door to the dungeon below the power plant in Zaton was somehow open and I entered it and finished that quest without prerequisite action(s). They supposedly fixed it in a patch, but the game needed to be started over.

Hurray! finally the game has arrived

This game has just arrived at my country, in the fnac stores is where i found it and bought it, im playing already and im loving these swamp landscapes, also the new side missions seem to be very enjoyable, i missed this dramatic atmospheres with misterious musics and sounds that only a game such as Stalker can bring, this is definetly one of my favourite games

Chakat sex pillow
    What? A post with nary an irrelevant rant in it about Steam? cardio! You're all growed up! I think I miss the younger you already. :sniff:

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    Not that I can find. Perhaps there is a config file to edit somewhere, but I just "finished" the game so its not a big deal now. I totally spent 40 hours playing the game too, how long did other people take? I didn't even explore all of pripyat either, I'm gonna go back and kill monolith at the end and go explore the places I missed armed to the teeth
    According to Steam I spent about 40 hours in so far too. Still a few things I haven't done yet. Great game. Better than most full price releases.

I too went back after finishing it once and bought all the good stuff (fully upgraded exoskeleton= you now feel like a typical bulletproof sci-fi FPS hero with loadout and speed to match). I can't see freeplay being all that good long term unfortunately. The recurring missions aren't all that fun (unless a whole new set appear just for free play. I haven't tried it yet) and you're rich and tough enough by the end that it's a bit dull. I enjoyed "freeplaying" in the previous two much more, particularly with mods. Maybe a CoP rebalance mod will come along and make living in the zone more survival-ish.

there are already many mods out that change freeplay, difficulty, resources....whatever you can imagine. I mean, it's STALKER.

Taking a break
    Actually, there are not so many mods doing that. There isn't even a Restoration Project going. Seems like most modders burned themselves out on previous two games.

alone on this site there are 2 different mods that change COP completely and a few others that tweak it:
    http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=...pe=xr3&lang=en
    i played ceano's, it's OK and reminiscent of AKM
    he changed freeplay spawns so it is not that barren after the main storyline.
    Last edited by mothra; 8th Jul 2010 at 08:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    What? A post with nary an irrelevant rant in it about Steam? cardio! You're all growed up! I think I miss the younger you already. :sniff:
    , sorry if i dont find anything to complain about, but i only see good things in this game. The Russians know how to make products of high quality, im glad that my money was well invested in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by cardia1 View Post
    , sorry if i dont find anything to complain about, but i only see good things in this game. The Russians know how to make products of high quality, im glad that my money was well invested in this game.

You guys are really horrible when it comes to recognition of countries not in west Europe or North America.

Taking a break
    And when it comes to recognizing products of high quality.

SShock2.com

Well, I know that it's an Ukranian game. The problem is that people have a tendency to call the people from every single country that was formerly a part of USSR as 'Russians'

I've had the game for a while already, but only started playing it last week. I think it's a very polished version of Stalker, I'm having fun playing it, but it's too small. And I don't mean only the storyline, I mean the game itself. Only three areas? Not enough for me. I still think that SoC, even with all its initial bugs and weird/annoying features, is by far the best game of the trilogy. At least I keep returning to it regularly, and having lots of fun.

I kinda agree about the size, but I think the first two maps at least are considerably bigger than anything in SoC. The openness seems to work against that impression somehow. There's no dense and dangerous regions like Wild Territory or Red Forest to get through on your way somewhere.
    But, I'd have to say, I didn't find it seemed small or short until I was nearly finished. It was so well paced and there's was so much to find and do that it wasn't a problem until everything seems finshed with and every nook is pretty familar. I looked at the map at the start and scanned over the core missions and said "Is that it?" and then completely forgot about that impression until the end, where it's more regret than anything else for me. As expand-alones go that's pretty awesome.
    Haven't you found it like this a little bit yet?

SShock2.com

I haven't finished it yet, because I'm 'milking' it. I haven't been to Pripyat yet, and I'm exploring everything and performing every possible side mission in the first two areas. However, I think I have already done everything I could, and it hasn't taken me that much time to do it. I am enjoying the game, but despite the areas being probably bigger than the ones in SoC, they become too familiar very quickly. I prefer the several different areas that you get in SoC.

Quote Originally Posted by D'Arcy View Post
    I haven't been to Pripyat yet, and I'm exploring everything and performing every possible side mission in the first two areas.
    Pripyat is underdeveloped if compared with other areas, but also reminds the feel of the SoC the most.

I prefer the several different areas that you get in SoC.
    Sadly, they had only about a year to develop CoP.

I haven't finished it yet, because I'm 'milking' it. I haven't been to Pripyat yet, and I'm exploring everything and performing every possible side mission in the first two areas. However, I think I have already done everything I could, and it hasn't taken me that much time to do it. I am enjoying the game, but despite the areas being probably bigger than the ones in SoC, they become too familiar very quickly. I prefer the several different areas that you get in SoC.
    some missions depend on your decisions, they may not come up at all and even in pripyat you will find stuff to do for the previous maps. I travelled back and forth many times until I finished everything and could start the "finale". pripyat itself has some decision-based missions as well. And I would even go sofar to say that this feels more like a full game than expansion and is the progression I hoped ClearSky would be. It's on par with SOC for me, considering its scope (big for SOC, smaller for COP). If this is any indication for STALKER2 I'm very happy. It's also the game I constantly come back to and never stop playing (just like SOC was).

Taking a break
    STALKER 2 will be for consoles.

so ... what ?
    or do you mean an xbox-exclusive ? lol

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    so ... what ?
    Nevermind, Aja.

I did something similar to this, and as a consequence never found the T3 gear (not that you need it, mind) because Pripyat was over in the blink of an eye

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3813182324252627282930 LastLast