TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 49141924252627282930 LastLast

Thread: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

If there's one negative about CoP, it's that Pripyat just didn't feel as fleshed out as the rest of the game. There is some neat stuff to find if you explore, but I wish it had been fleshed out quest-wise like the main 2 hubs. When I finished the last mission I couldn't really believe that was it.

wonderful game

I´ve just finished this game a week ago, i thought this game was long just like the previous stalkers, anyway i loved to play this one, loved the landscapes, the very realistic design, the dark ambient musics, the storyline, the gameplay, i loved everything in this game.

Does anyone knows if there will be a new upcoming stalker game?

Taking a break
    Yes there will be STALKER 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki View Post
    Actually, it's unknown yet, there wasn't an official confirmation.

Taking a break
    Well official as in, GSC GAME WORLD AND 1C GAMES PRUDLY ANNOUNCE THE SEQUEL TO CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED STALKER SERIES BLAH BLAH BLAH... but they mentioned they're working on it in some interview, so that's official enough for me.

Well official as in, GSC GAME WORLD AND 1C GAMES PRUDLY ANNOUNCE THE SEQUEL TO CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED STALKER SERIES BLAH BLAH BLAH... but they mentioned they're working on it in some interview, so that's official enough for me.
    I really hope so, and i´m sure they will create a new stalker game, there´s a huge community of fans of this game, but we fans have to keep supporting the stalker game creators, by asking for more series of this game and by leaving here or any other place our compliments about this amazing game.

I can´t wait for a new stalker game, anyway i will play this game again and see if i can complete all 70 side quests.

I think just showing approval by buying it instead of pirating it like one would pirate an Activision/EA console port is enough. I am pretty sure the sequel will cross to consoles because by then there'll be some new e-z port system from the new crytek shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Vernon View Post
    I am pretty sure the sequel will cross to consoles because by then there'll be some new e-z port system from the new crytek shenanigans

What the sequel has to do with Crytek?

Chakat sex pillow
    AFAIK it was rumoured that GSC were going to be using CryEngine 3 for Stalker 2.

Yes, there was a rumour about a year ago coming from the German media, apparently, RPS also ran it when covering CryEngine 3 going up for licensing. I'm unaware whether GSC ever commented on it, though.

Originally Posted by John Walker, RPS, October 2009

[...]

There are also rumours bubbling around the guts of the internet which suggest that GSC Gameworld have licensed, or intend to licence, Crytek’s new engine for their next full game: Stalker 2. Gamasutra picked up on the rumours from here and here.

What’s interesting about this, says Jim, is that GSC are expected to give up their X-Ray engine, which had seemed pretty cutting edge. Could it be that they lost man-power and expertise to the development of THQ’s new Ukraine studio, 4a Games? Just speculation on our part, obviously, but it makes for interesting times.

Taking a break
    They did, it's not happening.

Good. I think an updated X-Ray would still be better than the new Crytek. Then again, it's about the art direction and as long as that stays the same, I'll be happy

None of GSC sites has been updated since April, 14. I wonder why.

Chimeras loose in the building, I would imagine

Just picked this up yesterday and have a couple of questions. First, there is no bind for either sprint or low crouch in the options menu. Seeing as I don't like the default controls, this is a real problem. What am I missing?

Also, I'm not sure how to use the detector. The game tells me you have to "open" it, but I have no idea how.

Thanks.

I'm not at home so i can't check, but it seems the low crouch bind is called "always walk" in the English version, so try binding that. As for the detector, the default key to activate it is 'O', but you'll need to actually have one equipped on your paper doll first.

I finally got this game the other day too, after having put it off for one reason or other, and it's everything I hoped it would be. The general mood is a lot more mysterious than in the previous games, and it's going to be hard to go back to the cramped little zones after getting used to the glorious wide open areas. Highlights thus far are the approach to the Oasis (not sure if that can be considered a spoiler, but doesn't hurt), which felt a lot like a scene from the Tarkovsky movie, and the Jupiter factory. I have something approaching a fetish when it comes to dilapidated human constructions with sun-bleached concrete and rusting metal, and I probably got a bit too much pleasure from scrounging around that place. I just got to Pripyat itself which thus far I'm not quite as fond of, so I think I'll probably go back to the other areas and make my own fun, as I tend to do with these games.

There's a key bind called 'Walk'. If you press this while crouched you go into a low crouch. And the 'Run' key is for sprinting.

Quote Originally Posted by reizak View Post
    I just got to Pripyat itself which thus far I'm not quite as fond of, so I think I'll probably go back to the other areas and make my own fun, as I tend to do with these games.
    As I've said for the fifth or sixth time in various threads, it would probably be best if you got the tier 3 toolkit from Pripyat so you actually get to access that tier before the game ends, but maybe you want to find that out for yourself. I wouldn't really consider it a spoiler, just something I would have liked to know before playing

Taking a break
    And the game does have freeplay, so if you want to have fun...

Replaying the game (actually I never finished it because of a bug), but this time I don't pick up stuff from dead bodies on principle.

First, it saves A LOT of time, and second, it's more interesting this way - my income depends only on quests, caches, and artifacts, and I need to be more thrifty.

PS: Stupid Vobla and his companion were late this time and appeared after I safely left the dredger with The Handweel. They still are waiting for me at the exit
    Last edited by 242; 12th Aug 2010 at 16:30.

thats only a technical sequel not a real sequel.

Eh? Some new info?

Where can i find ammo for this weapon : http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Lynx in call of pripyat?

The gun seems to use the standard sniper ammo, so you'll rarely find it as loot and need to buy from traders.

yeah, usually only found in a few stashes or at traders. some enemies in pripyat will drop it.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 49141924252627282930 LastLast