TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia 2 Impressions

good news !
    delays usualy are better for the game

So, they are ~ a year away. Hmmm. They have been advertising the SHIT out of Red Dead Redemption on gaming sites, I wonder if they will scale back the ad campaign.

I am really looking forward to Red. It won't be a 3/4 finished Capcom game that Rockstar bought and put the finishing touches on. One studio doing the whole job, so I expect a much more polished product. Go, go, old west fun!

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Erm, why are you posting about Red here rather in its dedicated thread? I know that the delay of the two games were announced at the same time, but it's still way off topic.

Just my wacky ways.

The Alchemist

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    Woot, all new footage. Thanks for posting.

This game looks and sounds better the more that I hear about it. Hopefully they don't fuck up the PC version.

Clearinghouse
    Nice. Thanks for the link.

I normally don't do shit like post links to the latest vid of a game...unless I REALLY have faith in it. This game looks better and better every time they give us a little more info about what they (Remedy/2k Czech/whatevs) are doing with it.

i find the "acting" during the cutscenes to be the highlight of the video, your friend drinking, the scicilian saying "moussulini" brought him to America......I love it

Quote Originally Posted by mothra View Post
    i find the "acting" during the cutscenes to be the highlight of the video, your friend drinking, the scicilian saying "moussulini" brought him to America......I love it
    You mean Mussolini?

You mean Mussolini?

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke
    You mean Mussolini?
    No, I do not.

Quote Originally Posted by inselaffe View Post
    ... (monkey screams in the background, scratches his back, farts and continues to pick his nose looking for some snacks in his nostrils)

Level 10,000 achieved
    Looks like the driving will actually be fun in this one as well.

FUCK REALITY

Mafia 1 cheats discovered 7 years after first release: http://mafiascene.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18625

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Still looking great, too bad that was recently delayed again to Q4 2010.

The game is reportedly 15 hours long.

When addressing questions on whether or not the game could fit on one DVD, he said that “issues” did exist at one point but are non-existent now.

“There were at one time. We’ve resolved those issues now,” said Grace. “Not to go into too many details, because it’s not very interesting, but we had to split out languages.

“We’re doing full localization for every language, which is pretty unheard for an open-world game, but it’s something we’re committed to because we have such a huge following in Europe.”

He further added: “So we’ve had to do that, but the English fits fine. It’s one disc. The experience is 15 hours, so it’s not too bad. But the scope is pretty huge, the script’s like 600 pages; 160,000 words; 300 speaking characters. It’s huge, but it fits on a disc.”
    15 hours is likely the average if you blow through the game, only doing the story missions. Remember that Mafia 2 is an Open world game, so assuming there's a sandbox with a good number of side activities to do and opportunity for exploration.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 11th Mar 2010 at 14:11.

Eva, your embedded youtube really breaks the forum :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omY93dIH8pc This is reasonably old, but looks nice - small selection of options of whether to show the police officer your gun licence or try to bribe him and other things seemed a nice touch. Looks like some real effort's being put into it.

http://gamingbolt.com/2010/03/12/maf...proved-combat/
    Nice to see there will be options for the driving now too - this was my real complaint about what had been planned for the game, when it first emerged that the driving would be very arcadey.
    It's nice to see a developer give players this option, and I hope illusion softworks pull it off nicely. Good luck to them.

Signs are looking up.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

The forum margins remain the same for me at antiquated resolutions like 1024x768 and 1280x960. Not my problem if something is stuffed up on your end, Dan Knott.

RPS: Interview with producer Alex Cox

IncGamers: Interview with Denby Grace

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    The game is reportedly 15 hours long
    Good news. It means it will last at least 30-45 hours for me When they say a game is NN hours, it NEVER takes so from me, always 2-3*NN. Which makes me wonder how other people beat games so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    Good news. It means it will last at least 30-45 hours for me When they say a game is NN hours, it NEVER takes so from me, always 2-3*NN. Which makes me wonder how other people beat games so fast.
    because they only follow the big red arrow.

i have a few friends like this. when we talk about games and they listen to my experience with a game it's always:
    WHAT ? you can do that ? lies !
    or
    bioshock2 sucks, they took away my weapons for the last 4 levels (he equipped the drill only tonic but didn't read any description)
    they also all died horribly in MassEffect2

but they are still good mates in an MP match

Haha there's no need to get so pissy. I was only letting you know. It's charming how you know the exact problem without having been told, yet continue to be flippant about it.

Release date confirmed. PC ver. confirmed!!!

Click for Gamespot's story

August 24, bitches!!! Almost 8 years to THE DAY (Aug. 28, 2002 for Mafia: City of Lost Heaven) since the original was released.

BIG RED CROSS ON CALENDAR

verbose douchebag
    Click for Gamespot's story

August 24, bitches!!! Almost 8 years to THE DAY (Aug. 28, 2002 for Mafia: City of Lost Heaven) since the original was released.
    And it STILL holds up SO well against many of today's games. Easily makes me my top 5.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast