TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: "Proper" Thief IV logo

"Proper" Thief IV logo

Since this is just horrible I decided to see what the thief logo would look like if done in the proper way.

The lettering aside, there should also be no horrid outer-glow - instead its just meant to be a slightly fuzzy and transparent white/grey offset shadow.

Anyway, I knocked this up quickly and it seems to be ok. Could do with improvements and such but its a start.

Tried to make it as similar to the thief I and II logos as possible. See here, here and here
    Obviously, with a plain background you don't get quite the same effect.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by inselaffe; 11th May 2009 at 15:32.

Looks a lot better than the original.

I'm just really curious what the title is going to be (as in TDP, TMA, TDS). Now that should be interesting.

nice, but too clearcut for me. I actualy would prefer a steep angle, more torn edges with light coming out from behind the logo as it would have been cut into a page with a thiefsy knive....and crumbles of the torn pages whirrling in the air above it, illuminated from below....

What's wrong with this one:

The Architect
    Honestly, I think that the IV clashes with the rest of the title. That particular style doesn't read well when it's followed by a couple of slash marks, though the simplicity of the II for Metal Age allowed them to get away with it. If it were up to me, I'd say it's time to revert back to the stained glass logo that they were using when they first changed the name of the game to Thief (rather than simply The Dark Project) which would probably look much better with an IV attached to it, or even a 4. (Maybe I am biased... I've always liked the original stained glass title more than the Zorro logo.)

Not a fan of Thief IV either. It'll probably be Thief 4, maybe with Thief over the 4.

bikerdude
    Of all the things to talk about....

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    Of all the things to talk about....
    Exactly

This is such a momentous day in Thief history and all you guys can think about is the 4 instead of the E. Who the fuck cares?

jtr7
    It's simply something to burn off the high-energy of our excitement. Plus, we are doing what people do, including yourself. This has all happened before.

So...

How many new threads are gonna be started to bitch about the whoopsie logo? Should they be locked or merged or fill the front page?
    Last edited by jtr7; 11th May 2009 at 14:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    Looks a lot better than the original.

I'm just really curious what the title is going to be (as in TDP, TMA, TDS). Now that should be interesting.
    I was thinking it should be just Thief

James bond was re-invented using the first ian flemming novel. Star Trek has been re-invented as just Star Trek.

With the 4 on the end it might alienate people, and it means the game doesn't neccisarely have to be bogged down with certain elements of the first three games that might be better to let go.

jtr7
    I'd LOVE to see the "4" on it, so people wouldn't come in here thinking this game started it all, and have no appreciation for the rich history, especially if it is a sequel and not a reboot.

This isn't exactly what I had in mind, but here's the sort of thing I'd like:

Done properly, the 4 should be more pointy, but I made this image using a font.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    I'd LOVE to see the "4" on it, so people wouldn't come in here thinking this game started it all, and have no appreciation for the rich history, especially if it is a sequel and not a reboot.
    I have a feeling it will be a sequal in name only, ie set after the events of thief 3, with some mentionings etc, but it will be a reboot.

JTR, every community needs new members, I'd rather have 100 more people to talk about thief with who play 1-3 after 4, than only 10 who played 1, 2 and 3 first.

maybe something like this?

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post

The idea doesn't work design wise - the logo isn't clean/clear enough.

jtr7
    Quote Originally Posted by TheivingME View Post
    JTR, every community needs new members...
    Oh I absolutely agree! You'll find that the majority of us just can't stand all the n00b questions asked a hundred times, or gamers who argue FOREVER that their game is so much better, practically spitting on the legacy. I understand they have that right, but it gets frikkin' tiring listening to that crap. You have no idea how many members LEFT because they couldn't stomach the influx of narrow-mindedness and juvenility. On the agreement side, we've made many new friends and long-time members who could plug right in to our unique community.

I no longer tolerate someone who doesn't generally act their age, IQ, and education level, and new games bring a load of people like that onto the boards. I like to see people be their better selves.

I actually like Thief IIII, but I highly doubt they'd go for that. It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    This isn't exactly what I had in mind, but here's the sort of thing I'd like:

Ooooh! I'm definitely liking that! Very well done, RS!

My eyes go a bit wonky when I try to focus on the 'Thief IIII' logo.

Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    maybe something like this?

Roman numeral fail.

Quote Originally Posted by sethL View Post
    Roman numeral fail.

jtr7
    Tally marks, clawed in with all four fingers.

"Thief 4" would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by d'Spair View Post
    "Thief 4" would do it.
    Agreed. I'd like to see that.

Thief 4

Quote Originally Posted by sethL View Post
    Roman numeral fail.
    Maybe so, but it's correct as far as clocks that use Roman Numerals go.

I think the reactions are overexaggerated.

Funny spelling aside, the original logo looks a lot tighter than those other efforts.

Not that I care as long as the game is good, though.

Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast