TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 38131415161718

Thread: T2 FM: Disorientation (08-06-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Time flies. Be prepared for a new, although smaller mission relatively soon.
    Hear hear!

On the other hand:
    Disorientation will therefore remain your masterpiece?

Classical Master 2008
    Well, I am not dead yet...

But I don't know when, if ever, I will have as much free time again to spend on a single mission as I had in 2009.

Well, I am not dead yet...

But I don't know when, if ever, I will have as much free time again to spend on a single mission as I had in 2009.
    How far are you from pension?

Classical Master 2008
    30 years, if pension age doesn't get raised until then (Ha! Ha! Like it won't. My generation will be carried off dead from our office desks. ).

Fortunately, I've still got my layout plan and concept sketches for what would have been the sequel - the Bad Debts - Disorientation storyline would have had two more missions in it - plus three more large-scale missions I never ended up building, so Alzheimer won't have to stop me from finishing. If I get to live that long, there will be plenty to do in retirement.

30 years, if pension age doesn't get raised until then (Ha! Ha! Like it won't. My generation will be carried off dead from our office desks. ).
    I have 20+ years to official retirement but I guess they won't want me anyway - and raising the retirement age is really nothing else than reducing pension payments anyway...
    And as I live in Germany - with a shitty birth rate in the last twenty years - I will get even less pension money and many old timers will be forced to have one or more low wages jobs in retirement to actually be able to live decently (and by this I don't mean luxuriously).
    Many people in Germany will have to cope with the lowest possible pension as they never had well paid jobs but low wage and at best minimum wage jobs.
    Yes, that's one of the downsides of having a low-wage paradise smack in the middle of Europe! The other main downsides are that the economy and the employment rate of all other European countries suffer - making Germany an even more popular neighbour... /irony

But enough about politics - too depressing!

Fortunately, I've still got my layout plan and concept sketches for what would have been the sequel - the Bad Debts - Disorientation storyline would have had two more missions in it - plus three more large-scale missions I never ended up building, so Alzheimer won't have to stop me from finishing. If I get to live that long, there will be plenty to do in retirement.
    I think about putting one or two PCs into cryo-storage to be able to play them (if I live than long, that is...).

I've been playing ths mission for ages and only yesterday realised that it doesn't use colored lighting Kind of a refreshing look for Thief 2, I haven't seen any other T2 FM that uses T1-like lights. Oh, except Bad Debts I guess
    Last edited by marbleman; 21st Sep 2016 at 08:42.

I am almost ashamed to say I didn't play this mission...until now. About 40 minutes in and it is so good I almost cannot take it.
    Time to sleep now, but I can tell I have quite a bit to look forward to.

You'll be in for a treat, amazing mission!

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    I am almost ashamed to say I didn't play this mission...until now. About 40 minutes in and it is so good I almost cannot take it.
    Time to sleep now, but I can tell I have quite a bit to look forward to.
    Now you know that when I recommend a mission, you'll love it.

One of the absolute BEST missions. Eminently re-playable too.

Just finished and absolutely loved every minute of it! Classic Melan for sure. Although I love Bad Debts, this was definitely designed better. I especially liked the canal and how it breaks up the city with easily recognizable landmarks. In Bad Debts I got lost a lot more than here. Found all the loot except needed help with a couple of spice bags. My favorite places were the area surrounding the canal where the thief's apartment was with the secret attic, and also the sewer station with the keeper compound (can you get down there??). Lots of cool but cryptic readables that I'll delve into more on my second playthrough. My least favorite was actually the palace. Since it is the last place (likely) you'll visit, I expected more.

Could be a very tough ghost this, at least Supreme. I can see a few items that would be difficult, or downright impossible (skull gems, I'm thinking of you). Also a few sections of town that are heavily patrolled, but that might not have too easy of a thief's highway to employ. Will be interesting to see.

Thanks Melan!

Edit: Only found 3 out of 5 pickpockets though. What's that all about?
    Last edited by klatremus; 16th Jun 2021 at 03:12.

Yeah, skull gems make Perfect Supreme impossible, but both Supreme and Perfect Thief are on the table. The two extra pickpockets are a bug, they don't exist.

I don't have much to add that hasn't been already said about this mission. It's one of the very best vertical gameplay and rooftop missions built so far I think. Have played and finished it multiple times, without finding every single piece of loot by the way. Planning on replaying it at least by the end of this year. Don't want to put my head above the parapet but it's probably even better than "Endless Rain" by Skacky, which at least in my humble opinion is one of the best rooftop fan missions out there.

Quarantine made me pick a random fan mission, so I found this one 2 days ago and finished it yesterday, after spending more than 4 hours on it. Great mission with great design. Has a very Thief 1 feel to it. I noticed all the lights didn't have any color (just white) but I think that's a design choice and it worked well. Because it's so big it's easy to get lost and I think that has happened a little too much to me, but it was very enjoyable nonetheless. Finished with 3115/3500 loot.

Classical Master 2008
    Thanks, fellows!

Cool to see you're still around!

Do you still make missions?

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 38131415161718