TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Disorientation (08-06-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    Strange. Same message here. Try this one instead, it's tested (by me).

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...ation.zip.html
    Cheers, that seems fine.

I have the feeling I only saw half of the level, and I have some questions:

1. Can you do anything else in the Keeper Area except getting loot, read 2 doctrines and the instructions? is there for example a way to get down there, where I hear someone walking?

2. In the sewer room (where you have to use the tarnished key), are there hints to solve that sewer puzzle?

3. Can anything be done (e.g. bonus objective) with the dead Hammerite priest in the chest?

congrats on the release Melan. will play this one 2nite

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    I just got an "archive is corrupt" from darkloader even though it seemed to install ok

so I deinstalled the level with darkloader, extracted the entire archive to a new directory and made a new zip file containing the extracted files

Darkloader installed the new zip file fine, the new zip came out to 54.26Mb and the original was 54.76 so maybe there was something up with the original zip program
    Hmmm I've got a lot of suspiciously solid blue textures, I guess the first DL was corrupted ... wonder why XP opened it ok then

anyway dl'ing the tested version now

Outstanding mission! Thanks and congratulations, Melan

So many hidden places to find and a great atmosphere. Finished on expert with 2955 loot, still wondering where the rest may be...

Is there a use for the explosive barrels? I also found 2 fire arrows.
    Last edited by UliB; 8th Jun 2009 at 11:59.

Congratulations on your release, Melan.
    What a simply lovely FM!

I laughed at the rejection letter to Bafford.

Some great humor there!

I look forward to playing this this week. I liked Bad Debts in principle except I rather felt lost a lot of the time - it was a big, confusing city and I was damned if I knew where I was going, which was a shame, because it was really quite fun.

Consider it earmarked for a review in due course!

Congratulations on the release, Melan!

This one is awesome, folks.

I just downloaded the new 54.7 meg version. I hope it works and look forward to playing it. I loved Bad Debts.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    2. In the sewer room (where you have to use the tarnished key), are there hints to solve that sewer puzzle?
    Beta tester here. I guess you could say there is a hint, but it's very subtle and people might not necessarily recognize it for what it is. That puzzle kept us testers rather busy and frustrated for quite a while, now we'll get to see the community at large squirm and swear as we have squirmed and sweared!

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    I look forward to playing this this week. I liked Bad Debts in principle except I rather felt lost a lot of the time - it was a big, confusing city and I was damned if I knew where I was going, which was a shame, because it was really quite fun.

Consider it earmarked for a review in due course!
    You might get lost in this one too - the name of the mission is very fitting This one is a very large and open city full of nooks, crannies, ledges, rooftops and some very cleverly designed links from building to building, so its definitely about exploration.

That being said, I've played it for two hours or so and still havent reached alot of the upper areas - the rooftop gameplay here is pretty stunning.

I thought I had visited all places but I have explored new one. The way to that place is unbelievable devilish... Melan you are Dromed Devil !

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    I thought I had visited all places but I have explored new one. The way to that place is unbelievable devilish... Melan you are Dromed Devil !
    When I looked far up on one wall and say two steel doors covered by a couple boards with seemingly no way to get there I knew what kind of mission I was in for

Im having a ton of fun just exploring, and thats a great thing. Im sure eventually I'll actually get to the objectives

What a treat. A new mission. Gone playing, scratch the fishing

Absolutely totally perfectly extraordinarily wonderful. This is NOT a mission to rush through!!! Take your time and savor. A lot of sightseeing to do.

Phantastic Job !
    All the little Details...wonderful !

Off Topic Question:
    Did you read Brent Weeks Night Angel Triology?
    The one scroll that lists Garretts different names reminded me of those books.

Sewer puzzle (four valves + lever) - brainstorming:

"the unit was not used long time" - use any oil to repair it ? cycle it many times ?

Quiz - how to get there ? (No crate stacking or similar trick !!!)

Place 1:

Place 2:
    Last edited by Aspirin; 8th Jun 2009 at 17:40.

Quote Originally Posted by fibanocci View Post
    Strange. Same message here. Try this one instead, it's tested (by me).

http://www.file-upload.net/download-...ation.zip.html

Edit: I uploaded it on filefront again. Should work fine now.

I downloaded this file, and there's something wrong. When installing it in Darkloader, I got an error message along the lines of "incorrect archive structure" or somesuch. The mission runs, but the room with the Very Annoying Puzzle has a missing texture right above a water arrow. This problem wasn't there in the latest beta build.

Thiefmissions.com

Weird to not send this to any of the main archive sites, but I tried to pull it from flying_hope's site and the archive was corrupted. I'll try to fetch it from another site.

The rapidshare link, after a long download, has tested OK. It's up at http://thiefmissions.com/download.cgi?m=Disorientation now. It seems to run fine.

FM Authors, please work with one of the established archive sites to get your mission out there and tested before release day so folks don't have to worry about whether a corrupted download is due to a corrupted file on the server.
    Last edited by epithumia; 8th Jun 2009 at 18:32.

Thank you very much . I can't remember the last time I have played three pretty much flawless missions in a row . You've done an especially good job with the textures, this mission looks outstanding The sound is well above the normal for Thief 2 missions and game play is well thought out and enjoyable .

This mission is an awesome one.
    You asked about a roftop mission ? that's it!!

fantastic job... and thanks to Melan to have resurrected the classic thief1 feeling. I love that !

actually i am fully immersed in this wonderfull experience. Let me play.

My download was from fibanocci's link and I never got that error. The level is running fine so far.

The first thing that caught me about this mission was the Thief 1 style - the only things that tell me that I'm playing Thief 2 is that I can zoom in/out and that bunny hopping doesn't speed me up. Congrats on that.

Second, I have completed the mission, but I'm 600 loot shy - and I thought I was being extra devious by finding all of those hidden places. And there are LOADS of them. This one will keep me going for a bit longer.

Third, the mission is funny - there are loads of readables and bizarre places - from the Bafford rejection letter to the crazy crate guy.

Fourth, the mission is also creepy - it's been quite a while since anyone has used those "suspense" sounds from Thief 1. Some creepy things I spotted:

The chest in warehouse #7.
    The alchemist.
    The crib in the Thief's apartment - where's the baby?

Lastly, some of the design ideas seen are simply ingenious. The passage behind the waterfall kept me busy for a while, but it was getting into the attic next to Warehouse #10 that kept me going the longest - until I tried the obvious approach. Also, some of the (non-funny) readables are well written. They are so well written, in fact, that I can't tell whether they are filler material or cleverly disguised clues.

All in all, a fantastic mission. It wouldn't surprise me if it was one of the best missions of the year.

Addendum: I consulted the lootlist and managed to bring my loot up to 3100. 300 of the remaining loot is in the only place I haven't found yet (Old Steel Mill, Final Room), but I've found every other bit of loot, and yet I'm 100 short. Also, I haven't solved the "puzzle". Is there loot behind the puzzle door?
    Last edited by Unkillable Cat; 8th Jun 2009 at 20:19.

Ooo...I know what I'm doing later.

Super mission...It felt very nostalgic...

I am just hanging around waiting fora hint on the sewer puzzle...I have frobbed the top left hand winder and when the switch flips I frob the top left again..I did this about 6 times and....now it wont stop...its all on automatic and wont stop...its been going by itself for over half an hour now and nothing....I have gone off and done some more shopping,at the butcher and came back and its still going!.....I will wait for a while as there are a few of us now who need a hint on this one...

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast