TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Disorientation (08-06-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    Edit: The level design in this mission is unreal - anyone who is a fan of rooftop shenanigans and vertical gameplay needs to throw this one into darkloader immediately
    Quoted for truth! The layout of this mission is unbelievable. I also loved the readables - they were very well written.

This is an amazing mission - thanks for your hard work Melan!

Wow, the quality, scale and depth of this mission are mind boggling..

Still missing 100 loot though!
    (3400)
    Last edited by denizen23; 10th Jun 2009 at 10:42.

Spent over 3 hours on this last night & can't imagine I've explored even half of it yet - let alone any objectives - then stumbled on a whole new section of the city! This is going to take several nights. YAHOO!

Flat-out masterpiece of 3-D exploration / pathfinding / discovery - holy crap, you're a genius at this!
    And the atmosphere you've created; I can almost smell the stench in the run-down areas

Thank-You so much for this, Melan. Brilliant, nostalgic & utterly immersive

Classical Master 2008
    Hello again, everyone, and thanks for the comments. This took way longer to build than originally anticipated (and I basically had to hack in a lot of the older object textures/AI comments/T1 textures to achieve the precise gloomy ambience I wanted), but in the end, I'd like to think the efforts paid off.

Also, my apologies to anyone who has had trouble with the archives. I did not even know upload sites could corrupt files - I hope everything is all right now; I have learned my lesson and will double-check everything the next time.

WRT the four valves puzzle, it might not be the easiest. Hint: think about it in the context of its environment, and try to figure out its function; that will make it much easier to deal with. Congrats on getting it do an infinite loop, JonesCrusher, BTW.

Unkillable Cat, it looks like you are missing an entire hidden area.

Finally, it is good to see the climbing squad has already achieved some results -- there are some other points which look even better; let's see who gets to them first.

Downloading now

Bad Debts is on my list of favorite city missions. You definitely know how to have great atmosphere in your missions. Keep up the good work.

BANNED
    Late again, but who cares!
    Downloading this gorgeous mission as we speak!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Finally, it is good to see the climbing squad has already achieved some results -- there are some other points which look even better; let's see who gets to them first.
    What ???!!! I've posted two places yet. Do another even better exist ???

I finally was able to get where the archer is, above the garden with the dead lady. Following the path there I get to a portcullis that cannot be picked open. The only way to do that is to stay by it and click on the wall inside (I think there's a lever) I hear the portcullis open, but as I am so close to it, the door won't open so I go back a lil, click on the door and it gets closed again.... hope I made myself understood, and hope someone will give me some hints

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I finally was able to get where the archer is, above the garden with the dead lady. Following the path there I get to a portcullis that cannot be picked open. The only way to do that is to stay by it and click on the wall inside (I think there's a lever) I hear the portcullis open, but as I am so close to it, the door won't open so I go back a lil, click on the door and it gets closed again.... hope I made myself understood, and hope someone will give me some hints
    Maga, you'll get to the portcullis from the other side later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat
    Fourth, the mission is also creepy - it's been quite a while since anyone has used those "suspense" sounds from Thief 1. Some creepy things I spotted:

The chest in warehouse #7.
    The alchemist.
    The crib in the Thief's apartment - where's the baby?
    Add this:
    The suicide girl - how did her window close after she jumped?

Rooftop Climbing Guild

RCG reports:

Place 3:

Place 4:
    Last edited by Aspirin; 9th Jun 2009 at 06:02.

[QUOTE=Melan;1869944]Hello

WRT the four valves puzzle, it might not be the easiest. Hint: think about it in the context of its environment, and try to figure out its function; that will make it much easier to deal with. Congrats on getting it do an infinite loop, JonesCrusher, BTW.

Ah is it some kind of sluice?,and does it open gates elsewhere by turning them?..to adjust water flow?

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    Place 4:
    I found this one by accident. Think MegaTree. And stop whining.

Clearinghouse
    Help. Where a way to get down in the Keeper Area?
    Fantastic mission, Melan

Am I the only one who can't get into the Palace? Have the Palace key & note about needing a rope arrow. Been all over the cemetary, parapet, etc, but can't find a rope-arrow point, only a locked metal door. Have also been to the "Tower & Bell" Society's balcony but all I see there is a ladder which seems to go nowhere.

Also, haven't been able to find the Alchemist's.

Some solid hints, please? Thanx

(sorry, clearing, don't think I've finished with that area yet either)

Sticky Fingers: have you got to the Palace "garden/cemetery" (or how to name it) - you can see this place on screenshot Place 4 above ?

If yes, explore Palace wall - do you see big window with wooden beam ?

If not, you should get there. You need key and open door in courtyard near TAvern.

clearing,
    following the instructrions your mysterious benefactor has provided you (you will find a scroll in your inventory).
    from Melan's announcement post. You don't "find" it. It's left for you after you do as asked in the scroll.

Ye Gods, just turned my gamma up & there it is, almost biting me

Thanx so much, Aspirin!

This FM is great in every way, except I don't seem to be getting anywhere fast; seems like every way I take just ends up leading to another dead end! I don't mind having to think & use my wits, but after over an hour of gameplay nothing's making sense anymore. (Sorry; I'm whining & I know it - I'm just frustrated is all.)

I'd like a more descriptive hint re: the four valves & lever puzzle. I've been trying for over 45 minutes now, assuming once the puzzle is solved the sewer hatch will open. If this isn't the purpose of solving the valves/lever puzzle, then exactly what is?

Also, cannot find the Palace key. Seems to be several strategic areas wherein you need keys, but there's not a whole lot of AI around from which to lift those keys nor hints/clues as to where to find them.

As I said, this really is a great FM; guess I'm just short on patience patience today. Sorry.

Dia, check your PM's as I sent you a few hints. If you need more, let me know. This mission is truly outstanding once you get the hang of it.

could you spoil me with the 4 valve & lever puzzle too please

clearing - you can't get down into the keeper library, well you might manager it with a few crates but there's no way back out

...........Now, I am.......disoriented.............I don't know what to do else.............

Clearinghouse
    Finished with 2403 from 3500 of loot and without the puzzle in the sewer hatch and secret in the keeper area.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Am I the only one who can't get into the Palace? Have the Palace key & note about needing a rope arrow. Been all over the cemetary, parapet, etc, but can't find a rope-arrow point, only a locked metal door. Have also been to the "Tower & Bell" Society's balcony but all I see there is a ladder which seems to go nowhere.

Also, haven't been able to find the Alchemist's.

Some solid hints, please? Thanx

(sorry, clearing, don't think I've finished with that area yet either)
    Re the Alchemist, if you mean how to get in his store:
    In the upper floor of the stone cutter's business further down the street you will find a removeable brick in the wall located behind a large crate. Look inside.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    clearing - you can't get down into the keeper library, well you might manager it with a few crates but there's no way back out
    There's no way back out? Very strange...

spoiler:

Done with the regular objectives.

Where is the sewer/keepers area ?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast