TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Disorientation (08-06-2009)

Thanks Arrowgrab! That room with the vase in the window & frobbable door was making me nuts. I love all the attention to detail that Melan's put in this FM.

I'm going for it now (the blasted roof window, that is)!

Go get 'em, Dia!

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    So okay, Mr. Smartypants! Give up your secret! How on God's green earth did you get over there????

From this location, walk over to the red roof behind you. Walk on the roof over to where you can jump over to the roof on the house you're trying to reach. Walk over to the other side and open the skylight.

Aspirin: No, I couldn't find a way to open that door.
    Last edited by Unkillable Cat; 9th Jun 2009 at 19:49.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Help. Where a way to get down in the Keeper Area?
    You can stack crates or stack your potions and healing fruits (assuming you do not use any). Potted plants work too.

To get back out (Yes you can) use rope arrows. Remember: Books are made of paper, paper is made of........

You need two rope arrows. The first one needs to be as high as possible so that it is higher than the bridge / walkway barrier.
    The second one needs to be lined directly with the rope from the first arrow. It needs to be just higher than the end of the first rope.

What you are doing is climbing the lower rope arrow. When you get to the end of it and jump, you automatically attach to the higher arrow. Then you climb it and make a well timed and placed jump off and over the barriers of the bridge / walkway.

Don't forget the golden book there as well. And don't bother with our invisible friend down there. He is harmless and you cannot hurt him either.

So there was no purpose for the valves - what about the loose brick? It might have been mentioned but if it was I missed it. Also the donation slot for the hammer temple and the bits sticking out of the front of the statues in certain spots at street level.. Is this mission just full of stuff put in to drive us mad?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 9th Jun 2009 at 22:15. Reason: added spoiler cover

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyJack View Post
    what about the loose brick?
    That is where you pick up the Alchemists Key

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    That is where you pick up the Alchemists Key
    Weird, every time I play I cant find anything in that hole - there is a key in the hand of the skeleton next to the loose brick but nothing inside - or does the key automatically go into your inventory when you pick up the brick?

I like that this mission is full of mysteries

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    Swiz, how did you get there ? Can you fly or what ?
    There are little alcoves in the warehouse outside wall. Two crates will get you in them (fiddly though, due to the thin ledge). Another three will let you mantle from them onto the roof proper, at which point everything starts halls-of-mirroring as you Were Not Supposed To Do That .

Classical Master 2008
    Outright spoiler on the four valves puzzle: it is (much like the entire "sewer" section) a red herring built by the Keepers in purpose to keep people away from the real entrance in the same room. Don't forget that Garrett says "This old thing has not worked in years..." once you have frobbed enough valves. It is entertaining to lock it into an infinite loop, though. And my apologies for everyone who found it too hard!

Dia, that pictorial is way too funny. I hope you got all the loot from that place now that you have got in.

SneakyJack, the donation slot must be a standard feature on Hammerite temples, since Bad Debts also featured one with the same plaque (although granted, Prowler of the Dark didn't, but that was a much smaller place).

I've only just spotted those pics of yours, Dia - amazing stuff!

Ahhh, DETERMINATION - that's the key

Great mission

Oh Melan you sneaky little...

Great work. Exactly what they'd do too. Those sneaky little...

Clearinghouse
    Into the Palace area without the Palace key: 1, 2, to the water.

Classical Master 2008
    Ha! I was wondering who would get that first. Take a medal, clearing.

Swiz: wow, great !

Melan: Arrrgh (valve puzzle) !!!! Deadly idea - I would spend hours there...
    Idea for FM authors: when use such a "fake" puzzle, put note about it somewhere. Typically on place that is "protected" by this puzzle (here in Keepers temple). So we can sooner or later get information that puzzle is only fake.

alright, a few things bugging me before I go into the palace:
    • there is a locked door near the clock tower with the bird's nest. my picks don't work, and neither do any of the keys I've found as of yet.
    • across from the Brosius manor there is a creepy little area with a spider and a broken elevator. is there a way to get that working?
    • accessing the sub-basement of the Old Bell?
    • there is a thief's shop by the poorhouse that i can't get into. should this one be obvious?

has anyone gotten into the boarded up warehouse doors that Swiz managed to get above?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    • there is a locked door near the clock tower with the bird's nest. my picks don't work, and neither do any of the keys I've found as of yet.
    • across from the Brosius manor there is a creepy little area with a spider and a broken elevator. is there a way to get that working?
    • accessing the sub-basement of the Old Bell?
    • there is a thief's shop by the poorhouse that i can't get into. should this one be obvious?

has anyone gotten into the boarded up warehouse doors that Swiz managed to get above?
    Looks like I've got a ton more exploring to do

Classical Master 2008
    [*]there is a thief's shop by the poorhouse that i can't get into. should this one be obvious?[/LIST]
    Tried your lockpicks?

[*]there is a locked door near the clock tower with the bird's nest. my picks don't work, and neither do any of the keys I've found as of yet.
    Don't worry about that locked door.
    Sorry, but I'm not sure which elevator you mean - there's a few of them.

MrMunkeepants:

- the locked door is accessed from the other side I think (however I broke it with explosives )

- is spider alive ? the lift works I think !

- thief's shop and bell-house subbasement is both accessible without problems. I think you need keys...

[*]there is a locked door near the clock tower with the bird's nest. my picks don't work, and neither do any of the keys I've found as of yet.
    You can get there later, from the other side.
    [*]across from the Brosius manor there is a creepy little area with a spider and a broken elevator. is there a way to get that working?
    Elevator works fine. Buttons are inside the shaft, lean to find them.
    [*]accessing the sub-basement of the Old Bell?
    See first answer.
    [*]there is a thief's shop by the poorhouse that i can't get into. should this one be obvious?
    Lockpicks.

the answer to the question:

in 4 steps:

then 2

ok, now... someone can say me where :

Last edited by sterlino; 10th Jun 2009 at 06:50.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    the answer to the question:

spoiler:
    edit link please

Sterlino, the key to that area is the Palace key, read your instructions how to get that key.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Sterlino, the key to that area is the Palace key, read your instructions how to get that key.
    hey i am pretty stupid... haha, read those instructions now... i know what to do..

but... this mission deserved a restart from the beginning for me ( very rare, i did it only for few missions in the past) 'cause i was off healt points, empty potions, only one objective cheched ( loot objective on easy difficulty).

i am enjoying this masterpiece ! thank u again Melan

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast