TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Disorientation (08-06-2009)

If anyone is wondering quite how good this is, I had a choice. Rescue my car from a flood - or carry on playing. No contest really.

This is one of the best mision EVER!

Have you ever been on the roof of Evenroit estate? Its very nice way..=) And also very hard to find..
    Last edited by PPoe; 10th Jun 2009 at 13:44.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    I found it
    hehehehe

and there's me thinking lucky I had a quicksave the first time round

oh and sneaky sneaky Melan leaving one of the mines armed hehe

Wow what a mission! I thought I had seen everything and been just about everywhere. Then on the way to the exit, guess what happened? Yep I found another thieves highway. Now I have 2 more areas to check. I must see Melans picture and try that skylight. This mission has hidden areas everywhere.

I even thought I went where nobody was supposed to go. Then I find out its the secret meeting place for a certain society. I just can't figure why the ladders there..lol Thanks for an awesome mission Melan! I hope the next ones out soon!

@Esme

Please can you tell me how to get to that place

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    - is spider alive ? the lift works I think !
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowgrab View Post
    Elevator works fine. Buttons are inside the shaft, lean to find them.
    no, the buttons don't do anything. this is near the house with the skylight everyone has been posting about (which I finally got into), under the archer's patrol just to the south.
    ----
    *anyone else visit the Society of the Tower and the Bell besides Stingm and I? I could see it from the other side of the fence, but it was a pain in the butt getting up there.
    *now, in the palace I found a note about someone trying to force a grate by the falls and there was a Keeper corpse in the garden. I found a tunnel from the warehouses leading to a grate by some falls (by way of some very tall jumps), but that didn't seem to connect to the Keeper area people are talking about.
    *I still can't figure out how to get into the Beauregard's
    *and someone said the Old Steel Mill was accessible? is that through the boarded warehouse doors off in space?
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 10th Jun 2009 at 16:39. Reason: questions lead to more questions

Dino

first get into the keeper library preferably without killing yourself from the fall from the bridge, which is an exercise in crate/object stacking I used five crates

then have a good look round the library, remember the penitent man while you do it

outright blatant spoilers - in the corridor connecting the two doors in the base of the library the wall at one end is false but you need to crouch to pass through

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    hehehehe

and there's me thinking lucky I had a quicksave the first time round

oh and sneaky sneaky Melan leaving one of the mines armed hehe
    I just found it! Woot! \o/

I spent almost an hour looking for it, then suddenly there it was! Reminded me of the secret in Eastwater bank.

Been there, pretty easy actually. Just got to know where to put that rope arrow. near a certain suicide

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    no, the buttons don't do anything. this is near the house with the skylight everyone has been posting about, under the archer (which I finally got into).

anyone else visit the Society of the Tower and the Bell besides Stingm and I? I could see it from the other side of the fence, but it was a pain in the butt getting up there.
    Tower & Bell Soc - yep needed two crates to get up from suicide girls wooden windowsill or whatever it's called

and the house with the skylight - take one crate with you as you cross the chain to the house, stand on the balcony, drop the crate on the balcony & stand on the crate, then mantle the roof and walk to the other side where the skylight is

Esme - I reached both places without using a single crate. One rope arrow for the Society place, and no extras for the skylight house.

Looks to me that the only place you can't enter without using (lots of) crates is the Keeper Library floor. As curious as I am about getting down there, I'm not gonna bother with dragging crates all the way down there.

Some other interesting place above "crate developer" (thanks PPoe for tip):

no, the buttons don't do anything. this is near the house with the skylight everyone has been posting about (which I finally got into), under the archer's patrol just to the south.
    Sheesh, have some patience. The elevator is very far down and takes a while to get up to you. Just press the top button and wait.

Yes, I thought the Society of the Tower was pretty easy too, with one rope arrow. However, I seem to have exhausted every area with a stiff neck and a little over $2,500 in loot to show for it! Where the heck can all the rest of that loot be???? I wonder if Nightwalker suffered acrophobia in this mission same as I???

I should amend this to say "was pretty easy" AFTER you figure out where to put the arrow!!! I am finding it wise to try a rope arrow anyplace it seems even remotely possible that one will stick. Several times I have been surprised with these trials when one actually DID stick.
    Last edited by joanieS; 11th Jun 2009 at 11:52. Reason: clarification

you're right, Arrowgrab, there was just so much else to see and do that I was going a little nuts and didn't notice it moving. sorry!
    patience was what I needed, too, riding it back and forth to pick the gate halfway down. all that effort, just to end up at the bottom!

I finally got into the Beaurigard's via fire arrow. I found the secret entrance for the servant, but no trigger; how is everyone else getting in? how is anyone getting that cup on the outer upper-story windowsill?
    Last edited by MrMunkeepants; 10th Jun 2009 at 19:00.

incredible mission, any 5 minutes i found a new location, it never ends..

btw

where is the key for this door ??(bell's nest zone):

and...

did you visited that place ?

and i forgot... the most important question:

spoiler:
    in the library of the keepers area you are surrounded by fences.. how to go down in the library ? i've been able only to reach a couple of readable just staying behind the bars... but it didn't told me nothing of useful.. or i must read better something ?

Sterlino, that door opens from the other side, OR maybe you already have the escape route key? (or something like that) Key found in the Warden's quarters...

I read of too many areas that I didn't visit yet, and I thought I searched pretty good. I hope Nightwalker will make a walkthrough of it soon...

someone should post some youtube walkthrough video.. it would be very appreciated.

sterlino:

-door: this door opens from other side, check inside Palace... However you can blow the door with explosives... as I did. Btw. this is another way to Palace...

-yes, I was there (a little loot and nice view), I think quite a lot of taffers have been there yet...

-Keepers library: you should use your hands and work hard - classic way with use of crates. Right now I spent about a hour doing it...
    Last edited by Aspirin; 10th Jun 2009 at 19:01.

almost finished !

managed to steal the sceptre
    got the tarnished sewer key thing , got the alchimist

but somehow i feel i'm missing something i never managed to get back through the porticolis near the start
    i came back to the starting area but nothing

any help ?
    I may be blind But I found my way

Go into the library with one crate and two explosives, mostly a lot of jumping to get up on top of them...one died once from explosions too. Its a pity the library exit was a teleport, I thought those explosives would blow open a hole to allow access back.

And how do you get to this "Northern Area"? Frankly I am not even sure where it is at. Also what do you suppose was walking down in the library, a keeper ghost or a keeper who can stay invisible even in light?

As far the mission goes....excellent, love it, Thief 1 Thieves Highway kind of mission, and the frustration that I suffered in Bad debts was long forgotten in this mission, which kept all of the good elements of Bad debts and left out the more annoying aspects. Nonlinear cityscape that doesn't make me want to blow my brains out trying the find the objective locations. If this mission is updated (and I really don't think it should be change much in any area) is to add a few more crates and Bonus objectives. I really was expected a couple to pop up, then I checked the goals file and saw no additional objectives.

I think there should be at least two bonus's: bring Keeper back to his place and take the Priest's body/warehouse letter to the hammer place near the gallows.

Sterlino The escape route key will open that door. So you don't need to go all the way back around. I tried all keys until that one worked. I totally missed that way out the first time through.

I must say the bleeding picture of Melan was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    I thought I had seen everything and been just about everywhere. Then on the way to the exit, guess what happened? Yep I found another thieves highway. Now I have 2 more areas to check.... This mission has hidden areas everywhere.
    I know what you mean - I think I had the exact same thing happen (just had to be a way to get to the lever behind that gate). Devilish designer, ain't he?

anyone else visit the Society of the Tower and the Bell besides Stingm and I?
    Yep, me too. But I had real trouble mantling off the rope-arrow to get onto the beam above the walled garden; only managed it once out of maybe 30 tries from different rope-arrow positions (maybe just my copy?). Finished up jumping from the rope-arrow to the chain.

Beaurigard's......how is everyone else getting in? how is anyone getting that cup on the outer upper-story windowsill?
    Beaurigard's - from the first bridge you come to, look up (to the south); there's a window you can rope-arrow to. There's also a ledge you can jump to from there with some loot.

Cup - get to the balcony to the right of it, then jump across the sloped pillar tops (maybe save first).

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    But I had real trouble mantling off the rope-arrow to get onto the beam above the walled garden
    I found that it has to be all the way to the right, to mantle onto the ledge on the side of the building (not the face)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Beaurigard's - from the first bridge you come to, look up (to the south); there's a window you can rope-arrow to. There's also a ledge you can jump to from there with some loot.

Cup - get to the balcony to the right of it, then jump across the sloped pillar tops (maybe save first).
    I got into that attic room, but couldn't find a switch (even coming from the other side, knowing it was there)

Found the northern area, finally. go to the chain near first waterfall (smallest the three), which is near the place of the woman who rejects Bafford's advances and look up. You can actually shoot an arrow in that wooden underbelly of the roof and jump on the ledge. From there is just be careful not to fall off and go over to and through the hole in the fence.

Anyway, forget needing more crates, there are plenty, but some bonus objectives would be a sweet addition, other than that its perfect. (well except for some of incongruity brought on by texture resolution mismatch due to the enhancement patch. Most of it however I can ignore and it almost adds to the city's atmosphere of contrasting elements with the gritty grates but cleaner walls.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast