TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Disorientation (08-06-2009)

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    I got into that attic room, but couldn't find a switch (even coming from the other side, knowing it was there)
    It is on the wooden beam that crosses the attic, near the cupboard.

@MrMunkeepants

how is anyone getting that cup on the outer upper-story windowsill?
    spoiler:
    You can frob one of the windows from inside the Beaurigard's, look opposite the door to Beaurigard's valuable item room, which is on the top floor where Beaurigard patrols

Are you all sure that:
    spoiler:
    the right way to go over the fences in the keepers library is to use crates & jumps ability ?

i would listen also Melan about that.. just curious.

sterlino: what do you mean ? a) it's impossible OR b) it exists another way ???

Amazing FM MELAN. The complexity of the design must have given you alot of headaches. God knows how you did what you did within the brush limit. It's got to be the greatest Thieves Highway mission yet made.

Are there any new objectives that pop up ?

I've all but finished and none have appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlino View Post
    Are you all sure that:
    spoiler:
    the right way to go over the fences in the keepers library is to use crates & jumps ability ?

i would listen also Melan about that.. just curious.
    well it's the way I did it, I don't know another way but if you know one I'd love to hear it

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    sterlino: what do you mean ? a) it's impossible OR b) it exists another way ???
    ehh.. i would ask to Melan if exists another way or not...

MELAN ? are you there ?
    come out ...come out... wherever you are...

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    Esme - I reached both places without using a single crate. One rope arrow for the Society place, and no extras for the skylight house.

Looks to me that the only place you can't enter without using (lots of) crates is the Keeper Library floor. As curious as I am about getting down there, I'm not gonna bother with dragging crates all the way down there.
    odd when I got up there I couldn't mantle the final ledge so I took a crate up there, same problem, 2 crates did the trick for me tho ... must be my copy playing up

well there's not much down in the keeper area unless you have a use for all the mines

Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade View Post
    Found the northern area, finally....
    did you manage to find the way to the goblet & wine bottle in the window ?

Classical Master 2008
    sterlino: crates, I guess.

malau: there are no extra objectives.

Melan you are in trouble.... Now we want dozen of other missions like that

This mission was awsome Melan

anyone used an explosive barrel and fire arrows to reach the sceptre without the palace key

wolfian: yes, I did. I have found this door early in play and I cannot open it long time (before get Palace key), so I blowed it with explosives...

Melan: are you working on new mission now ???

Melan

You deserved to win first place in the Classic Thief Experience Contest. Now you have done it again. This mission does what your other missions have done before, only better. The music and texturing is grand and beautiful old style T1 type classic thief. The lateral thinking in approaches to targets, the excellent use of the z axis, the use of multiple levels of cityscape and water. You excel in the type of three dimensional conceptualizing necessary to produce great missions. I played this mission for almost 2 hrs and 40 minutes, and I missed a few hundred so I know I can replay it. The use of the tarnished key was a special treat. I also find your readables quite enjoyable and written much in the T1 style as well. I can't say enough about the overall excellence in gameplay, atmosphere, and architecture. Classic, absolutely classic. This is what thief can and should be. Hats off to you sir.

Classical Master 2008
    uncadonego: thanks!

Aspirin: I just have to have something for the vertical contest. Nothing ambitious, though, just something quick and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    uncadonego: thanks!

Aspirin: I just have to have something for the vertical contest. Nothing ambitious, though, just something quick and fun.
    Garrett's Plunge Inside The Deepest Phone Booth Ever?

Or maybe The Bottomless Pit: A D&D Tribute (with a readable referencing Gary Gygax and polearms at the bottom)?

I added about 200 screenshots to the wiki.

I never got the Palace key so I enter like clearing did but jumped on the top of the fence instead of the trees

A you supposed to be able to get to the east of the starting area?
    Last edited by Sxerks; 18th Nov 2009 at 20:38. Reason: fix page link

Quote Originally Posted by Sxerks View Post
    ...A you supposed to be able to get to the east of the starting area?
    yep
    Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Haplo, yes use rope arrow.

I've found the third way to palace (via escape elevator), that I totally overlooked... and probably most of you have found. Over 7 hours of playing now.

Melan, I give up. What next will I reveal in next hours ?
    You are not Master Dromeder, you're Trickster himself.

very nice FM, Melan! i completely agree with everything uncadonego said

thank you very much

completed

loot 2890 of 3500 ?????

where in the hell is the rest ?? i thought to have visited the whole map twice !

btw finally i reached
    spoiler:
    the keeper's library... funny the book near the statue.. i felt very stupich ghehehe... but i was also disappointed by the presence of the invisible friend... ._., for a second he recalled me 'Equilibrium' and i was scared, fortunally is a GOOD one this time :lol:

after that where is supposed to be used the
    spoiler:
    various explosive devices... ?? ..and i knew that one of those were a trap to make you bleem bloom fast ghehe and in fact i bloomeed very fast :lol:

i passed 1 hour trying to stack some crates in the starting area to reach a point that nobody mentioned... but seems to be real un-reach-able.. so never mind.. btw there shoudn't be there anything.. (i hope) ._.

what else can i say about this incredible masterpiece ?
    well, is rare for us authors to be taken by a mission and feel again the (old) spirit of the pure player.
    Very compliments to Melan. One of the very best mission ever done.
    Last edited by sterlino; 11th Jun 2009 at 14:04.

Yeah Esme, I got to those pretty easy. A couple rope arrows and the walkable roof in the northern area made it pretty easy. (course I was already using the lootlist by this point, so I knew it was up there otherwise I probably would have missed it.

Has anybody reached this area ?

d. Dec 2017
    Melan, I have been so busy playing this fantastic mission that I didn't take time to THANK YOU!

I agree with everything that has been said by Uncadonego and others.

You are an ebil genius The dedication and perfection of this mission is stunning and, quite challenging. Well, not quite perfect...I kept getting stuck on a ledge by the river, leading up to an area I could sink a rope arrow into one, of two wooden beams....again and again....

So far, I have played 2 levels and have not discovered all the routes.
    .....mumbles to self....I wonder if my husband left me for alienation of affection....

Melan you are a great Artist

Again you´ve suprised me with one of your fantastic thief 1 atmosphere missions, there are few authors who can bring a thief 1 mission with the same quality as you do, i love to way you build the houses in a higher way, also i feel free to explore any toproof...i feel alot of freedom in your missions, there´s a lot of tactic here, the ambients musics helps to makes us feel an authentic thief1 atmosphere, the gameplay is very good, and the storyline also captivating, overall and again you´ve brought us a very beautifull and great mission

Many thanks Melan

Pedro Quintela

Aspirin, I tried the same thing! It's blocked, and cannot be opened.
    Plus I still can't find the last 100 loot.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast