TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Disorientation (08-06-2009)

Well its there, I got to 3500. Try the lootlist, it's pretty good, and the navigation is not too difficult to get from one area to another.

denizen23: I don't mean open it but sneak through the free space above...

Last loot 100 ? You are lucky. I miss 120...

Aspirin: I've reached the height of the upper opening, but I ran into an invisible barrier..
    edit: but apparently, some didn't.
    Iceblade: What's the final total for gold, gems and goods?
    Last edited by denizen23; 11th Jun 2009 at 21:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    Has anybody reached this area ?
    yes, but it's a dead-end stairway.

I'm missing 50 in loot, and I'm clueless as to where it may be, even with the loot list in hand.

EDIT: Just found the last bit of loot. Bloody green bottles...
    Last edited by Unkillable Cat; 11th Jun 2009 at 18:01.

Loot totals:
    Gold: 2020
    Gems: 555
    Goods: 925

Hope this helps.

I've been several places, but not to the "palace" yet. I do have the key however, after doing the business for my friend.

I see people have mentioned a sewer. Is that past the palace entrance or am I missing something. I haven't found it yet.

Also, I've got a tarnished key from a shop I broken into. It's supposed to open the house of someone recently deceased, but I cannot find the door. Any help there or is that also further along once I get into the palace area.

Finally, there is a Keeper Library ??

Really awesome FM so far. The condemned building you could access from the warehouse was SUPER CREEPY .

Distant Quasar

BRAVO!!!

Melan,
    Thank you so much for this mission. This is one of the top three missions I've ever played (OM or FM). Just a spectacular piece of work. I'm looking forward to playing it again very soon.
    Here's to part 3!!
    - eep!

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    Also, I've got a tarnished key from a shop I broken into. It's supposed to open the house of someone recently deceased, but I cannot find the door. Any help there or is that also further along once I get into the palace area.

Finally, there is a Keeper Library ??
    Those two items are connected. Think about the waterfalls.

Found the final thief's ring
    Last edited by denizen23; 11th Jun 2009 at 23:19.

Finished the mission, (thanks bob_nz) but still did not find the other side of the Tavern Cellar Door . Could not open it from the tavern basement side (no key, no lockpick) and didn't find the alternate route to bring me to the other side.

Finished the mission, (thanks bob_nz) but still did not find the other side of the Tavern Cellar Door . Could not open it from the tavern basement side (no key, no lockpick) and didn't find the alternate route to bring me to the other side.
    When you get the escape route key from fatlarder (or whatever her name is), you can then open that door.

Melan,

This is one extraordinary mission. A masterful piece of work! One of my favorite ever.

Disorientation is very immersive. I got "lost" for hours playing it. Seeing all these "two hours / 2.5 hours" makes my 8 hours seem very long. But I have enjoyed every minute of it - traverssing back and forth trying to find obscure pieces of loot (of which I still only have 3260 of 3500!).

I loved how, with one strategically placed rope arrow, you could traverse a large part of the Thieves Highwway, at least in one direction. A particularly nice touch is that you go right through the middle of the Watch Station as part of the "highway". I loved that!!!

Similarly, with two additional rope arrows you get a complete two-way path all the way across town. And all of the places you could branch out from the highway is pure genious in level design.

Here is an "out of bounds" spot I don't recall seeing earlier in the thread, but it's pretty easy to get to:

Courthouse Belltower
    Inside the belltower
    View down from the belltower

There is a location I am wondering if anyone has gotten inside of (or if that is even possible).

Anyways, the "quickest" way to it is to go to where to Ore St. bridge meets St. Tennor's Priory,and enter the tower there and climb up the ladder. Jump across the gaps until you end up in the "Old Steel Mill / abandoned elevator" room.

The elevator is missing some buttons on certain floors. And one floor you cannot stop at, nor could I open that gate. (Sorry that spoil tags do not work around images - or I don't know how...)

Possibly Spoiler Images:

View from bottom of elevator shaft
    Looking up - note second floor gate

Is it possible to open that gate?

I tried dynamite - it didn't work:

I know from reading the thread that the Keeper Library has some Sunburst devices at the bottom area, but I haven't made my way down to that spot yet - so haven't been able to try one of those instead of a dynamite barrel.

Anyone know if there is there a way into there?

Martek

Martek - that door in the lift-shaft; just hop onto the door-sill (recommend on the way down!) & use lockpicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Martek - that door in the lift-shaft; just hop onto the door-sill (recommend on the way down!) & use lockpicks.
    I am sure I tried that and got no response from it - as if it wasn't even frobbable. But obviously I need to try again.

Thanks,
    Martek

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxerks View Post
    I added about 200 screenshots to the wiki.
    Wow, that is a lot of images, and you got to quite a lot of places where I am wondering how you did it. Coincidentally, what sort of colour correction do you use on your images? They look particularly good.

Everyone else, thanks for your comments. It was a lot of fun making this, and it's good to read it is also good to play.

Martek: this particular time, you can't get in there (Sticky Fingers is referring to a different elevator shaft).

Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego View Post
    You deserved to win first place in the Classic Thief Experience Contest. Now you have done it again. This mission does what your other missions have done before, only better. The music and texturing is grand and beautiful old style T1 type classic thief. The lateral thinking in approaches to targets, the excellent use of the z axis, the use of multiple levels of cityscape and water. You excel in the type of three dimensional conceptualizing necessary to produce great missions. I played this mission for almost 2 hrs and 40 minutes, and I missed a few hundred so I know I can replay it. The use of the tarnished key was a special treat. I also find your readables quite enjoyable and written much in the T1 style as well. I can't say enough about the overall excellence in gameplay, atmosphere, and architecture. Classic, absolutely classic. This is what thief can and should be. Hats off to you sir.
    Melan - I was going to try & summarize how I felt about this brilliant FM after spending 3 1/2 evenings totally immersed in it, & finally dragging myself away from it (for now anyway - RL beckons!).
    But uncadonego has said what I wanted to say, only much better.

So, I'll just say; Thank-You & Congratulations - this is a true classic

Edit: Damn! Sorry, Martek, that's the 4-level elevator - my bad.
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 12th Jun 2009 at 01:39. Reason: bungled...

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    When you get the escape route key from fatlarder (or whatever her name is), you can then open that door.
    Ahhh... never went back to actually try that one. I'll go do it now, thanks.

Martek: I tried hard to get to that Bell tower without success. How can you do it ?

Really awesome FM so far. The condemned building you could access from the warehouse was SUPER CREEPY .
    How do i get into that building?

I've read somewhere that you can access it via Warehouse #10.
    I've been to warehouses #7 & #8, but where is #10 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
    How do i get into that building?
    From the bar / pub with the Irishy music:
    Head towards steep path. If you look up, you should see a path going across the top to a water? room. Go into that room. Take two crates and climb the pipes then machine.

It should take you outside to some pipes and an access path on the right. Go there and through the path you should end up at the top of one of the warehouses.

Now if you look to the far left corner, you should see the wood plank is next to a grate. That grate is movable. Stack two crates here, jump on them and move into the abandoned warehouse. Look for another grate in this new room to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    From the bar / pub with the Irishy music:
    Head towards steep path. If you look up, you should see a path going across the top to a water? room. Go into that room. Take two crates and climb the pipes then machine.

It should take you outside to some pipes and an access path on the right. Go there and through the path you should end up at the top of one of the warehouses.

Now if you look to the far left corner, you should see the wood plank is next to a grate. That grate is movable. Stack two crates here, jump on them and move into the abandoned warehouse. Look for another grate in this new room to move on.
    Thanks. Already been there (Warehouse #8) just
    spoiler:
    missed that crate to Warehouse #10.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    sterlino: welcome in Rooftop Climbing Guild...
    yes, I've got there after reading your message...

bobber: yes, you can get there:

hint: join Rooftop Climbing Guild ...
    better hint: check our screenshots
    more better hint: look for source of water in the highest place
    Can you be a wee bit more specific ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    You've got the wrong shaft, mate.

EDIT: Chiron: Have you found the rejection letter to Lord Bafford? Try having a look around there. Then think about how you can get higher from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post
    EDIT: Chiron: Have you found the rejection letter to Lord Bafford? Try having a look around there. Then think about how you can get higher from there.
    'k; I've tried every way I know of to get to the upper part of that building (from the room where I found Bafford's rejection letter to no avail. I've tried shooting rope arrows up to the wooden overhang from the balcony & tried leaping across to the wooden beams on the opposite building from the bedroom, but I don't see a way up. There is a glass-panelled door in the same room where I found the rejection letter and I can see stairs leading up & down, but no way to open the door. What am I missing please?

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast