TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: T2 FM: Thief II - The Golden Project - First City College (8-VII-09)

Thanks

If somebody hasn't noticed - I decided to make my work on the Thief 2 Gold Slums public:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128238

'Scuse my cluelessness,

but can this mission be played on the patched T2?
    (i would guess yes, but like i said - i am cluesless what with the "gold" appelation!)

Ofcoures it can... It's a Thief 2 FM.

I think you can, I haven't tested it.

You can do it for us :P

Happy taffing!

Thanx BG!

Thor, it's just the "Gold" that threw me a bit because I know there's a diff with T1 gold, and thought there might be with T2 gold too.

There is no thief 2 gold. LGS collapsed before it could be finished. So, this mission is a tribute to a unfinished "thief 2 gold" mission from LGS.

oh,

an "omage" so to say!

will play it before too long then!

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    There is no thief 2 gold. LGS collapsed before it could be finished. So, this mission is a tribute to a unfinished "thief 2 gold" mission from LGS.
    Exactly.

This mission however uses an unfinished Thief 2 Gold OM. Some of the architecture on the first floor has been left intact, as well the backward parts of the garden. What's new: the textures, the second floor architecture, the front parts of the Buillding, the plot (new character). After all we have a new and completely redesigned mission and this is why it's called "The Golden Project", not "Thief II Gold".

Iīm not into alternative main characters (like here a pagan instead of Garrett) but this one is an exception and I really enjoyed playing it!

Does/do a sequel/sequels exist to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha1 View Post
    Iīm not into alternative main characters (like here a pagan instead of Garrett) but this one is an exception and I really enjoyed playing it!

Does/do a sequel/sequels exist to this?
    I don't think that anybody else is working on the unfinished Thief 2 Gold missions, and I'm quite skeptical that another one based on Thief 2 Gold will be released.

Although I consider myself a true Thief fan, certain members of the community take one step too far. They think that the unfinished Thief 2 Gold missions should stay untouched and unblemished, OR if anybody dares working on them, they should imitate exactly what LGS intended to do.

Which is simply impossible. Plus, people want to have some creative freedom. For the purpose of making this FM I decided to use some custom textures and write a new story. What I did wasn't appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgarian_Taffer View Post
    I don't think that anybody else is working on the unfinished Thief 2 Gold missions, and I'm quite skeptical that another one based on Thief 2 Gold will be released.

Although I consider myself a true Thief fan, certain members of the community take one step too far. They think that the unfinished Thief 2 Gold missions should stay untouched and unblemished, OR if anybody dares working on them, they should imitate exactly what LGS intended to do.

Which is simply impossible. Plus, people want to have some creative freedom. For the purpose of making this FM I decided to use some custom textures and write a new story. What I did wasn't appreciated.
    Ah I see. I donīt think "wasnīt appreciated" is quite correct. I did read the forum abit and while there was lots of critism, there were/are also several people who appreciated the effort and love playing it.
    I get where people are coming from when they say the thief 2 gold missions are holy and shouldnīt be "stained" from custommakers, but honestly thatīs just bullshit. Look at now! We have 2020 and already back then we knew that we will never get to see the thief 2 gold missions. So people should take from it what they can and make new awesome fanmissions with the material.

Of course there will always be people that do not want the thief 2 gold missions to be touched, but there will also always be people like me that look forward to see more from them (even if itīs just bits and bites of them) and really appreciate the effort that is done

I may take a look at one of the mostly finished Slums mission in the near future but I promise nothing

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345