TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Picture your original copies.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Wille View Post
    When I bought a used copy of Thief: The Dark Project the cashier placed Thief Gold jewel case in it for some reason. You can say I was a bit surprised to see TG CDs and manual in a TDP box .
    Don't tell me this is real This is a legend I'm sure... How it's possible??

Maybe you bought a second hand package?

jtr7
    The cashier was an ally and slipped Garrett some extra loot for being a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Original copies of LGS games ? I think I'm ok...

A few are still with cellophane on. The little box in front of the trapezoidal boxes contains this spyglass :
    My copies look exactly like DrK's...even down to the sticker placement and the pulled off rebate on the cover of Thief Gold. Extremely weird.

It's not that much to show, but while I'm waiting for something else:

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Aha ! A challenger appears !
    Nice stuff there

Yeah, every morning I bow down in front of these games and pray the Builder for his blessings... Almost...
    If you have some of the boxes I have, just show them already, can be interesting.
    No challenge here. I used to have about 20 copies each of TDP/GOLD/TMA. I got them from a overstock warehouse a few years ago.

But, I sent them to taffers who could not find copies, which was why I got them in the first place.. Nightwalker, for example got a GOLD from me a few years (5 or 6) ago, as did JoanieS, and last year we filled out Nightwalkers collection with a virgin copy of TDP.

I have unpatched (first releases) of TDP and TMA as well.

The Blue and white disc in the forefront of one of the Pics is a master for TX2, the first release, and I also have another bunch of TX2 1.1.

jtr7
    To hear that Thief games were in an OVERstock warehouse is sad. It was fantastic of you to rescue those orphans and place them in good families.

Yeah, I bought Thief 1 and 2 together for 3 euros. (4,2 dollars )

On the one side it was the best buy I ever made, on the other side it's a shame you can get such a great game for that little money.

There you go, here's some of my Looking Glass Legacy shit (sorry for the poor inage quality)

Notable mentions:
    Thief Gold trapezoidal box was the hardest find of the three: after it was finally delivered to me, the e-shop where I ordered it removed the item from the list of available shipments.

The first jevel in the second row is my System Shock 2 copy. All I got was this Jevel case and the user manual instead of the proper box. I still haven't given up and hope to get a real box one day.

In the second row, here is Deus Ex: The Conspiracy for PS2. I have a PS2, but the problem is that it's PAL, not NTSC, and my DX copy is for NTSC. So I can't play it.

Deus Ex: Invisible War. Don't hurt me, but I love the game. And I really love the box - it's brilliant. And it used to smell nicely.

The first jevel in the third row is my Arx Fatalis. It is a second hand copy ordered from Amazon some months ago.

As you can see, I have four copies of BioShock, two of them are for PS3 and 360. The trick is that I don't own neither PS3 nor 360. Yeah, I know, I'm a crazy collectiner.

I really hope this collection will get much wider relatively soon - some of the goodies are already on the way.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    To hear that Thief games were in an OVERstock warehouse is sad. It was fantastic of you to rescue those orphans and place them in good families.
    :-//

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Yeah, I bought Thief 1 and 2 together for 3 euros. (4,2 dollars )
    hahahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    It's not that much to show, but while I'm waiting for something else:
    When you look closely, you can see that the Thief 2 manual has different artwork on the cover than the box has. My box of Thief 2 had that original artwork and there was nothing extra on the cover, just straight to the point. I had the exact same weird CD-case though.

Does anyone else have that box? I would like to see. My box hid itself years ago and I haven't seen it since.

I believe it was the original, "first draft" -box that was introduced on the original release date in Europe.

WOW Drk's collection is big.I just want to have all the games,but in Bulgaria they don't care for a poor taffer who doesn't have TG .
    Here there are only the sold-out versions and thief collection box (all three games on one disk).

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by BG_HHaunt View Post
    WOW Drk's collection is big.I just want to have all the games,but in Bulgaria they don't care for a poor taffer who doesn't have TG .
    Here there are only the sold-out versions and thief collection box (all three games on one disk).
    Buy it online!

Ok, I am on vacation so I cannot show off my collection. I'll take a photo as soon as I return home. I can say that I have all: TDP, TG, TMA, TDS in their original boxes and some guide books.

Congratulations to DrK not only for his superb Thief collection but also for another rare jewel that he has on the shelf below the Thief trapezoidal boxes, the 2nd from the left: Flight Unlimited II original box, Looking Glass second release of their flightsim. The manual that is included in that box is the gem of the whole package! By the way even though now I love Microsoft FSX sim, Looking Glass Flight Unlimited II and III were the ones to break new grounds in sim design, like the use of photoreal ground textures, ATC, rain effects and others (till date FSX doesn't simulate properly rain on cockpits! Flight Unlimited III made it perfect so many years ago )

Good for you, DrK

cool pics

fascinating... what's the thief gold premier box? never seen that before. (is it a euro release?)

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    fascinating... what's the thief gold premier box? never seen that before. (is it a euro release?)
    AFAIK it's the UK release. Probably with the rest of the Europe too. The trapezoid boxes were never released here (well, at least not officially. I think.)

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    The premier collection from Eidos was a label with cheap prices here in europe (at least Uk and France), released 1 year or 2 after the original release of the games. Nothing fancy though... not limited to thief, it was for many games like tomb raider, deus ex, every good games from Eidos I think.

Trapezoid boxes were never released in europe, I got them on ebay canada and us.

Thiefinrain, I don't think Flight Unlimited II is this rare, at least not at the time I was looking for it. But the real gem I'm so glad to have is the car and driver box, with everything in near mint condition. I think it was the very first "game" LGS worked on (if we can call it like that), impossible to find nowadays

here is my humble collection.
    deus ex: premier collection (goty)
    deus ex: invisible war (eu keepcase)
    sold out: Thief 1 + 2
    thief: the complete collection (incl thief gold, thief 2+3) - mastertronic
    thief: deadly shadows (eu keepcase)

BANNED
    Sold Out rules >=DD

bikerdude
    Ive given all my old copies of T1/2/3 to friends as I now have...

Thief:TCC - comes with TG/T2/T3 all patched.

BANNED
    Is Thief Gold the first one?

Anyway, great stuff the "all in one", between some time we'll have all the three games in just one, solid, Blu-Ray DVD, with the instalelr that asks what game we want to intall >=D

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by massimilianogoi View Post
    Is Thief Gold the first one?

With the instalelr that asks what game we want to intall >=D
    yes it is.

And thats what this copy does, exactly that...!!!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    yes it is.

And thats what this copy does, exactly that...!!!
    ! O_O

They anticipated me. lol

DrK you bastard!

here's my thief collection

and the LGS games I own, DeusEx and Ultima Underworld still in cellophane. I LOOOOOOVE these game boxes and its also sad they don't do them like they used to..

BANNED
    I have to try this System Shock, even I don't like paricularly the FPS.

I thought you guys would like to know that Moby Games has some artwork of the games, and I added links to my website (scroll down on main page.)
    Clicky

Also, pictures of my thief 2 box are up on moddb.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast