TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Picture your original copies.

Yup, DBTS, an old favourite of mine. "Have at you" and so on. Hard to believe the control methods we put up with back then ...programmable dual-analogue gamepads gave that game a new lease of life.

I never bought Thief Gold... but seeing the cool digipack in this thread, I kinda wish I had. Was that just for the US release? Memory's hazy, but I don't recall seeing TG in the UK in anything other than budget-style DVD cases.

Time to finally post mine.
    Check the attachments.

I'm missing TDP because I gave the disc to my friend, since I have TG.
    Attached Thumbnails thief-collected.jpg   thief-collected2.jpg   thief-collected3.jpg   thief-collected4.jpg   thief-collected5.jpg  

thiefgold-box.jpg   thiefgold-compare.jpg  
    My Thief FM Website
    "Those pies had enough grease to drop a Burrick!"

BANNED
    WOW! The trapezoidal cases are very appealing!

Here is my humble - but precious - collection:

The Complete Colletion: 3 (2 of them still sealed), 1 TDP and TMA pack, 1 TDS and 1 TMA.

Total:

TDP: 1
    TG: 3
    TMA: 5
    TDS: 4

In the image you can also find my copy of T2X (I haven't printed the dvd case cover yet ).
    And yes, I lost my TMA dual CD edition. Shame on me...
    A friend asked me for my Doom 3 copy, so it isn't in the image.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanoc View Post
    Here is my humble - but precious - collection...
    Hmmm... why you have even three complete collections?? One wasn't enough? I wonder if in the complete collection there is some enhancments, such as patch or new version.

Hmmm... that cd MORE doesn't sound very original to me XD

jtr7
    Quote Originally Posted by massimilianogoi
    Hmmm... that cd MORE doesn't sound very original to me XD
    Because it's T2X.

lol

Hah, what are the extra two Complete Collections for? You afraid you'll lose one? :P

I was sort of disappointed that the complete collection came with only one disc. But oh well.

Why would you want more than one disc? The less discs, the better I think.

Though I guess it would be nice to have each game on a separate disc, but given how big a dvd is, that's gotta be why they did it cause they obviously were able to fit them all on one.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    Hah, what are the extra two Complete Collections for? You afraid you'll lose one? :P
    One is for me to use regularly. Other is to keep religiously with the plastic on (you never know when you scratch a disc). And yes, I know when we own an original we can make an ISO to backup it up. However, it just isnīt the same thing.

The third one is to offer to a friend. He listens to me talking about Thief and hes birthday is coming so...time to recruit another "disciple" our Order!

The others I keep them as a collection I guess. Damn those trapezoid boxes I've seen here are cool! Never seen one in Portugal...for what I read here, they weren't released in Europe.

Maybe in the future I just sell the whole thing, since I have the complete collection disc.

Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    Why would you want more than one disc? The less discs, the better I think.

Though I guess it would be nice to have each game on a separate disc, but given how big a dvd is, that's gotta be why they did it cause they obviously were able to fit them all on one.
    yeah that's what I figure too.

But it's alright, just not as exciting to open :P seeing only one disc instead of the three it could be.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanoc View Post
    One is for me to use regularly.
    You're mad!! I always use a copy of the disc for installing/playing matter, never the original (unless I don't find the original )

Alas, no Gold. The second copy of Thief II is my 'loaner'. Yes, that is a copy reserved entirely to lending it out to friends and bringing them over to the dark side, as it were.

It's really good to see how many versions from everywhere can be seen
    I have these, the US trapezoidal TDP bought in ebay this summer (I have played a copied version all these years), the TMA is the Spanish version, like TDS and the Thief Complete Collection coming this weekend from Amazon

jtr7
    Something satisfying that a digital copy alone can't match.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    Something satisfying that a digital copy alone can't match.
    Yup, but I can assure you it's been impossible to find a copy in my country, were games like Thief doesn't have a similar success as in countries like UK or US. So we haven't so much choice apart from Nero Burning Rom and yes, finally eBay for... 40 €

Anyway, the trapezoidal box never came out in Spain, so it's been a good purchase anyway

jtr7
    Better to have digital copies of Thief, than no Thief at all.

I'm missing the original TDP Platinum box. It was thrown away and right now I can't even find the disc. It's around somewhere though.

Here's the real joy. Original TDPG autographed by Tim Stellmach and Sarah Verrilli.

Show-off

That's awesome! An autographed copy! Jealous. How'd you manage that? ("What did they mean by "Thanks for your help?")

I won the copy in an auction. A well respected member of boardgamegeek dot com passed away and forum members donated stuff to be auctioned to raise money for his family. Tim S offered up a near mint copy of TDPG ...here's his post there.

"I have a sealed copy of the Thief Gold edition, autographed by the lead designer. Or at least I will have, after I autograph it. Please bid enough to cover the cost of the pen I'm going to need to write on a black box.

The fold-out cover has acquired a crease, but the item is otherwise untouched. Having already played the game plenty, it's not like I ever needed to open it.

Free shipping within the US.

Update: Sara Verrilli, lead designer of the special edition (particularly, the add-on mission team) has kindly consented to autograph the game as well. This saves me from the risk of appearing to take credit for her team's work."

Yandros actually started the bidding at 20 bucks and I won it with a bid of 160.

So now you know the rest of the story.

Cool deal, thanks.

Here's my Thief-Collection:

Some of these boxes were hard to get in Germany...

What's awesome is that what I thought was Thief 1 when I found it at the store, turned out to be Thief Gold . They put TG in a T1 box by mistake

Here's my little Thief-Box-Collection (all of my orginal copies are sleeping well in these boxes ):

Btw.. Some pieces were really hard to get in Germany.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast