TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Picture your original copies.

BANNED

Picture your original copies.

Take a pic to prove to everybody that you own an original license of the games!

I guess it will be funny! Particular cases are welcomed

I'll see if I can gather up all my cases and post the pics tomorrow.

BANNED
    'right!

Ironically, Deadly Shadows is the only one I've played so far, and yet the only one I don't own a copy of. To be addressed soon enough, as TMA is gonna come with me on my laptop while I'm over at my parents' for two weeks, and the guys linked to an upcoming trilogy pack (with Gold, not TDP) in the Great Bargains thread, which I might get come Autumn.

Anyway, bought a couple of weeks ago, bumped into it at a second hand store:

Just arrived yesterday, 16 quid off Amazon. Yes, it still had the cellophane on :

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Original copies of LGS games ? I think I'm ok...

A few are still with cellophane on. The little box in front of the trapezoidal boxes contains this spyglass :

Please excuse the mess, I took these hastily in the kitchen, so the wall and oven are dirty as f, as my room's lamp is broken and I'm too afraid to open the curtains (there could be some guards outside and they could see me! A true Taffer prefers the dark)

The Gold box on the right is the US release, and as you can see it's slightly broken. Too bad.

Here's the inside cover. Why are the US releases always cooler than Euro releases?

The Sold-Out versions are the one's that I had first. Later on I've purchased the other editions.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Thief Gold digipak

And here's a couple of other games that fellow TTLG'ers might appreciate.

...And the OTHER games, that I'm not really very proud of

--

Wow Drk, that's insane! I.. I think I love you.

Edit: There's some trouble with the images I see. If you can't see them, go here and view them manually
    http://koti.welho.com/khavulin/thiefpics/
    Last edited by Henri The Hammer; 28th Jul 2009 at 10:11.

Seeing those game cases makes me miss my TDP original game, the case is lost and my cd broke inside the CPU

BANNED
    WOW! You guys!! Such a cool cases!! The maximum is that one with the amazing spyglass!! Absolutely incredible!! It is working?

I envy you a little, because of those beautiful booklets and packages. Long life to collectionists!

BANNED
    Wait but... what I've seen!!

How many Thief you have???

He had a very busy night at the official "Looking Glass Studios" museum last night

I just have the sold-out copies, all I've ever seen locally. I was lucky to get those since I live in the U.S., but there's a local retailer here that occasionally carries sold-out.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I have both the Underworld games, on floppy still in original boxes too, DrK. I have no trapezoidal boxes, though, and also don't own TDP, only TG.

Yes, the spyglass is working, but it's more like a gadget than a real spyglass, obviously... It was a promotion toy for the german release of Thief 2.

I have 6 Thief I games :
    - 2 original french versions (including one still with cellophane which is pretty rare)
    - 1 cheap french version under the "premier collection" label from Eidos
    - 1 french version with only the cd case (the one I use actually)
    - 1 original/trapezoidal us version
    - 1 original british version

3 Thief gold games :
    - 1 cheap british version under the "premier collection" label from Eidos
    - 1 british version with only the cd case (the one I use)

7 Thief II games :
    - 1 original french version
    - 2 cheap french version under the "premier collection" label (1 in big box, 1 in dvd case with cellophane)
    - 1 cheap french version under the "hits collection" label
    - 1 french version with only the cd case (the one I use)
    - 1 original british version

2 Thief III games (that's enough ) :
    - 1 european version in dvd case
    - 1 us version in bigger dvd case because it's on 3 CDs

Plus a strategy book for Thief I. I'm only missing the german versions of the games, plus a few which got released in Poland or somewhere. Been collecting these on ebay for the last 10 years, but stopped doing this a while ago.

The cd case at the right of the circle is just System shock 2.

Yep, got spare copies there, just in case...

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I have both the Underworld games, on floppy still in original boxes too, DrK.
    Comes to think of it, I have some of the other games, like underworld series, car & driver and so, which are Mac versions or on floppy disk. Therefore I'll never be able to play them

I think I have all the games from LGS, except "British open golf championship" (never found an acceptable copy) and 1 or 2 games on Snes or whatever...
    All are originals.
    Last edited by DrK; 28th Jul 2009 at 15:26.

BANNED
    Wow!! You are a though collectionist!! The winner is DrK!!!

Oh com'on, I can't be the only one

Hey all,

My humble collection. I only got into Thief well after the first 2 games were released, so ended up with the Sold Out versions, but recently purchased TG seperately as you can see.

Last edited by Cetus; 29th Jul 2009 at 09:20. Reason: change to picture size

Dang, no way I (or anyone else for that matter) could compete with DrK, that is awesome.

My original Dark Project CD, given to me by another guy who was going to throw it out.

Thief Gold, purchased on Ebay. Sorry that the images are so blurry, my camera sucks.

My T2 CDs, also from Ebay. For the life of me I can't find the original box.

Deadly Shadows, bought from my local target.

There's my little collection.

HOLY CRAP DrK. You owe me a new keyboard - I just ruined mine with drool.

BANNED
    Ok, then mine is the cheapest

jtr7

Sorry for the really crappy image, the lighting was too bad and the exposure time was too slow for the lack of a tripod.

The Platinum Edition box for TDP and TMA was squashed when I bought it used (meaning the devs didn't get anything from my purchase itself), and the games were in those dumb paper sleeves.

Thief Gold was an import purchased through Amazon, the last one for US $30.00, and the next available price was $75.00, which stayed unsold for a long time. It was sent overseas in those dumb paper sleeves in only a bubble-wrap envelope. The sender didn't know why that annoyed me.

TDS was also purchased through Amazon, since no local store had it in stock once their first shipment sold, never to be replenished. My Disc Two acquired a scratch somewhere and a kind taffer on TTLG sent me his spare DVD version (not pictured, obviously), but this was my original purchase.

Whyyy? Why did my Thief 2 box disappear? It seems that nobody else has a box like that. It was one of those huge old boxes, except it opened in a "treasure-chest"-way, and it didn't have any other markings on it than "Thief 2", "Eidos" and "LGS" on the front cover. The Garrett artwork on the cover was completely untouched, the original version. That box wasn't taffin' around. It was exactly what it had to be and nothing more.

Also, The CD case has disappeared too. It had the original manual and back cover. How can I have been so careless? At least both the discs are fine. CD1 is gray and CD2 is red.

I do have everything that came with the Dark Project though. Big box, CD-case, manual and disc. The box is a bit torn and suffered because of rolling around the room since 1998. I don't have a real camera so the pic sucks.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. I didn't know there were so many variants of either of the Thiefs :-) Nice to know, I got the Sold-Out one for Thief 2. It's the same one you see in Henri's 3rd picture (2nd top-box) :-)

Oh my God oh y God, DrK, I have some of the boxes you have, but I weep because i will never be able to find most of the others. This is most definitely the best place in your house.

I have exactly the same collection as Platinumoxicity but with one exception.

When I bought a used copy of Thief: The Dark Project the cashier placed Thief Gold jewel case in it for some reason. You can say I was a bit surprised to see TG CDs and manual in a TDP box .

Quote Originally Posted by theBlackman View Post
    Aha ! A challenger appears !
    Nice stuff there

Quote Originally Posted by d'Spair View Post
    This is most definitely the best place in your house.
    Yeah, every morning I bow down in front of these games and pray the Builder for his blessings... Almost...
    If you have some of the boxes I have, just show them already, can be interesting.

Nothing new here to show. I've got all three trapezoidal Thief US boxes (thanks God I got them when they still were available in online stores!), Thief Platinum box (the one with TDP and TMA; the original Thief Platinum, which I believe is TDP 1.33, is currently on its way to my house), and TDS US box. I've also ordered System Shock 2 US box years ago, but it was delivered to me as a plain jewel-case with a manual attached to it; don't think that I'll be able to get a proper box nowadays, which is sad

I also have some Deus Ex and BioShock boxes, but this is not precisely Looking Glass

I hope I will be able to get some used copies of both System Shock game boxes in Amazon, as well as these strategy guides you have. I don't think I will find UU boxes, let alone Car & Driver and some other extremely rare boxes.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast