TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Reset murder count?

Reset murder count?

Just wondering if anyone knew of a way to reset the murder count to zero, maybe using the console? I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to these things and didn't know that it was possible to join the dark brotherhood without getting a murder count. thnx.

Uh, the only way to join the Dark Brotherhood is to murder someone, since the act or murdering counts as the trigger. Unless you know something that I don't?

You have to murder people in the Dark Brotherhood quests themselves...

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Adventurer

See third note at bottom. I could be misinterpreting but I think this is a way to start the brotherhood quest line without getting a murder count.

Killing an Adventurer counts as murder unless you are in sneak mode and nobody sees you (even the Adventurer himself). This murder will trigger the Dark Brotherhood quest line if it is your first murder.
    The Dark Brotherhood quest line is triggered by committing a murder - killing someone without it being a murder simply will not trigger it.

ha guess I should have read it better. all the same anyone have an idea? I'd rather have the one murder than the few on my record.

Yep, I got an idea.

Check out the Console Tutorial on UESP Wiki: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Co...mmand_Tutorial

Search that (long) page for "ModPCMiscStat StatNum".

Now, I haven't done this myself, so I don't know how exactly this works, but it says that it is about resetting the murders, assaults, items stolen etc stats.

I think you want to type the following line into your console:

ModPCMiscStat 6 1

If you've already started the DB quests, then you can probably set it to 0, too.

A good way to keep the murder count at 1 without the console is a cursed zero-weight clothing item, which you reverse-pickpocket into the DB targets' pockets. Worked for just about all of them except Faenlin (sp?) for me, and Faenlin doesn't count as "murder" if you make him hostile with a Frenzy+Rally before you kill him. Valen Dreth becomes hostile on his own after the right choice in the dialogue, too, so he isn't a "murder".

I used the Mage's Hood before OOO for this, and now with OOO&unofficial patch, I use the wrist irons. A black hood should still work, too.

Listener with murder count=1 and all the bonusses ftw.
    Last edited by Lytha; 11th Aug 2009 at 05:08.

Thanks super helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    The Dark Brotherhood quest line is triggered by committing a murder - killing someone without it being a murder simply will not trigger it.
    However, there appear to be two different kinds of murders.

When I arrived in Anvil, I heard of two women who seduced men and then robbed them. This turned into a quest to find the two (by walking into the trap, at least for my male character), and in the end there was a confrontation between me, the two bitches and two guards. Oddly enough, killing the women counted as two murders in my stats, but the guards did not have any problem with that, and there's no bounty on my head. However, I got an invitation from the Dark Brotherhood the night after that. And accepted it, but that's another story...