TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 203 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516212631364146515661111 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you watched lately?

Two episodes into Flight of the Conchords. It still makes me somewhat embarrassed when they break out into song, but it's entertaining so far.

watched Cry Baby, wow - the most quotable dialogue i've ever heard

'LETS ALL PUT ON A FOLK HAT AND LEARN ABOUT A FOREIGN CULTURE!'

and i'm super hyped for the gold release of twin peaks

I've been watching A Species Odyssey, a documentary about human evolution. It's simultaneously amusing, entertaining, informative, and depressing.

Getting my Mad Men Season 3 catchup on.

God daym I love this show about as much as I love The Wire. There, I said it.

Also to keep my smarts on; History Channels "The Universe" series is rather thought provoking.

I'll be watching The Universe here sometime soon. I've been looking forward to it; it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by bukary View Post
    I've just watched first episode of Flash Forward.

It's great! Mix of Lost, Fringe and X-Files. If you like big mysteries this one is for you.
    You liked it? Interesting. It got dismal reviews from sci-fi nuts and casual TV viewers that I know all over. "Wannabe Lost bullshit. It better get good fast or I'm gone" was the general consensus.
    Last edited by Muzman; 1st Oct 2009 at 03:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzman View Post
    You liked it? Interesting. It go dismal reviews from sci-fi nuts and casual TV viewers that I know all over. "Wannabe Lost bullshit. It better get good fast or I'm gone" was the general consensus.
    Yes, I liked it much better than - for example - Fringe. The acting is (mostly) better and the story is much more interesting. Unfortunately, dialogues in Fast Forward are not so witty.

Of course, there is only one episode of FF so far. I might drift from some shitty family drama to boring investigation. We will see.

Taking the Death Toll
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Can somebody remove the cunttoll tag? We spent some amount of time jiving those tags.
    The sulkphur one too.

The Hangover
    Very funny.

Also doubles as list of stuff NOT to do during a TTLG meet. Unless you plan on missing your plane and stay there.

Coraline
    Never read the book but I liked this movie very much. Visually very inventive and good looking and suitably creepy and weird. Henry Selick does it again, and this time, no one can give Tim Burton all the credit.

State of Play
    Stars Russell Crowe, Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams, Robin Wright Penn, Jason Bateman, Jeff Daniels and Helen Mirren. It's based on a BBC miniseries that I haven't seen. I thought this was a very smart corporate thriller with some nice plot twists. Don't expect riveting action, but it is pretty suspenseful nonetheless.
    Co-written by Tony Gilroy, who is quickly becoming one of my favorite screenwriters (Bourne trilogy, Dolores Claiborne (underrated Stephen King adaptation), Michael Clayton, Duplicity).

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    The sulkphur one too.
    You do realise that you can remove any of the tags from this thread if you want to, right.

Taking the Death Toll
    I'd kinda forgotten I made this thread. Fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
    State of Play
    Stars Russell Crowe, Ben Affleck, Rachel McAdams, Robin Wright Penn, Jason Bateman, Jeff Daniels and Helen Mirren. It's based on a BBC miniseries that I haven't seen. I thought this was a very smart corporate thriller with some nice plot twists. Don't expect riveting action, but it is pretty suspenseful nonetheless.
    I watched this myself the other day and while it was solidly made, it was a bit by-the-numbers and old-fashioned.

Do check out the BBC series if you have a chance. It's pretty good - not quite up to some of the classic BBC miniseries, but definitely worth watching. I'd imagine that the story benefits from having a bit of time to develop. And it's got a fantastic cast (especially if you like young women with Scottish accents).

Quote Originally Posted by bukary View Post
    Yes, I liked it much better than - for example - Fringe. The acting is (mostly) better and the story is much more interesting.
    Wrong. Sorry but that is a falsehood. Fringe is far superior to FF. Mainly because it keeps the underlying storyline constant through each episode. While the concept of FF is clever its based off a book and that book isnt particularly good.

The acting and music and filming and downright direction of Fringe is far superior to FF.

Oh and dont compare it to the XFiles. Is better than that.

Taking the Death Toll
    god dammit you stupid pricks look what you did to the beautiful tag poem

i hope you're proud of yourselves

God dammit. Some of my best work went into that thing.

Watched the first episode of Flash Forward. It was ok, I guess, though I do hope they don't make more then one season.

I love you Queue, I wish you were my father.

And I wish you were my son.

Taking the Death Toll
    And I wish you would get a room.

How lovely.

I still wish Queue was my father. When I reach the continent of America, I'm going to search and find you! I hope you'll be in Canadian teritory by then.

Cool! I've gained a stalker son.

Queue: 1 Canada: 0

Yesterday:

Mad Man - caught up to episode 3.7. Once again; WATCH THIS SHOW. Really digging this season which is ticking along at a nice rate. Jon Hamm should be Captain America in the movie.

Stargate Universe - wasnt sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. It really is a departure from the previous quirky Atlantis and SG1 shows. As exemplified by the somewhat graphic (For tv) fucking scene early on in it. Check this out - oh and for all those "its just BSG?! IT SUCKS!"...um, BSG was brilliant - why is SGU using that as a format a bad thing??

Dollhouse - episode 2.02. Really enjoyed this, even if it was a bit freaky seeing Echo as a mum. But then the bountiful November showed up midway for the rest of the episode and I was happy

Quote Originally Posted by Scots Taffer View Post
    Two episodes into Flight of the Conchords. It still makes me somewhat embarrassed when they break out into song, but it's entertaining so far.
    you gotta give it time. I felt the same way when I first saw it ("why would anyone actually buy this soundtrack?") but after a repeat view or two it clicked. I, um, bought the soundtrack.

Page 11 of 203 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516212631364146515661111 ... LastLast