TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What have you watched lately?

BANNED
    Chapo as far as series.

SShock2.com

This is why I love TTLG. I just casually mentioned Verhoeven, and suddenly we have 10 posts of people giving me new information. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
    As far as religion is concerned, Verhoeven had a religiously themed near-psychotic episode which scared the shit out of him. He claims that's partly why he makes movies full of visceral, earthly stuff like graphically detailed blood, violence and sex. He wants to stay grounded to reality (which he believes is inherently violent) and avoid transcendent, esoteric themes, because he's scared he'll lose his mind. That's just one of the things influencing his style of film making, but he claims it's an important one.
    Wow. What was he taking and where can I get some?

Still Subjective
    In fields? On the corners?

you dat bleeper number booooy?

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    At the time yeah lol. Was the only bit in the movie where I was like "Huh? what the hell?".

And yep my bet is that they'll reverse it via the time stone in the next one. Though my bet is that 1 of them will have to be sacrificed to make it happen. Great movie either way. Each and every character gets their time to shine.
    That one will probably be Chris Evans. Contract for nine movies, then I think Bucky takes the frisbee.

The Good Doctor, Lost In Space (Netflix reboot), Final Space, Brooklyn 99.

Right now this minute I'm giving A Million Little Things a shot because it has Sean from Psych and a Grimm!

Nothing beats the original Lost in Space. Used to watch re-runs of that as a kid. Doctor Smith being my favorite.

Fun fact - One of the child actors from that went onto Babylon 5, decades later.

Billy Mumy. He also did a brief cameo in the 1st episode of the reboot.

P.S. A Million Little Things turned out to be pretty good.

I have been watching BATS.

No not him...

Them...

BANNED
    Chapo on Netflix.

Ha! Hillary just did a cameo in the Murphy Brown reboot! She applied for a "secretarial" position citing previous experience with a large organisation.

P.S. Nicker, that bat is just absolutely adorable!

So is the woman who runs the rescue society. Each of her videos is one big cuteness overdose, especially when they get within chomping distance of a banana.

Ha! Adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego View Post
    Ha! Hillary just did a cameo in the Murphy Brown reboot! She applied for a "secretarial" position citing previous experience with a large organisation.
    Not a reboot. Continuation. Much like Will and Grace or Roseanne. Continuation.

OK

Moderator and Priest
    I just got through the first episode of The League of Gentlemen.

The British are a strange people...

Still Subjective
    That show is only for local people.

Give me Doctor Who (up to Capaldi), Mr Bean and Blackadder any day. Love those shows.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by SubJeff View Post
    That show is only for local people.
    We didn't burn him!

Anybody been watching Black Mirror? Just catching up now. It's like a slightly into the future technology Twilight Zone. Some of them are quite good.

Still Subjective
    Yes. I like Black Mirror a lot, but the last series has been a little too sensational. The earlier ones were better.

I haven't seen the earlier ones, I'm catching up on this season. If the earlier ones are better, that's something to look forward to later, because some of this season's epps are darn good.

Chakat sex pillow
    Season 1 and 2 are definitely better. San Junipero's still one of the best episodes in the entire thing's run, though.

I very much agree with that. Most of what I’ve seen of S3 and S4, excepting “San Junipero”, suffers from having one thing to say and saying it from the very beginning. The best of the first two seasons showed technology and our infatuation with it as a double-edged sword, the episodes were ambiguous and surprising. The latter seasons lack that, by and large. I watched “U.S.S. Callister” last week and while it was fun and well made, it was hamfisted in its themes. I prefer satire of this kind if it makes the audience think and question itself, rather than sitting there feeling superior along with the episode.

"San Junipero" was very good, I agree, but with regards to the first ones being better, I just watched PM do the piggy, and it seemed pretty pointless in comparison.

Page 174 of 203 FirstFirst ... 74124129134139144149154159164169170171172173174175176177178179184189194199 ... LastLast