TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 188 of 188 FirstFirst ... 88138143148153158163168173178183184185186187188
Results 4,676 to 4,690 of 4690

Thread: What have you watched lately?

Level 10,000 achieved
    Shaft (the new one) - Didn't know this was gonna be a Netflix sclusie till it popped up last night. It's more jokey than the previous entries, not to say the jokes actually land, they don't. Some surprisingly good action scenes tho. Eh!

Glass - I liked Split a lot so I was looking forward to this latest entry in the MCU*. It's no Split, or Unbreakable, but I liked it. Towards the end it doesn't really pay off all the stuff it's set up, and I was disappointed. But then all of a sudden, wouldn't ya know it, there's a PLOT TWIST, and I was on board again! Yeah, I liked it.

Death of Stalin - Man, this is pretty dark isn't it? Also pretty funny. Yeah this was good.

Jurrassic World 2 - Uh, I saw this like 2 weeks ago and I don't remember what it was about. Something with dinosaurs?

Pacific Rim 2 - Yeah I don't remember this one either.

Tomb Raider (the new one) - Starts off pretty boring, then there's a stretch in the middle of the movie after Lara escapes where it's threatening to turn into a good movie, but then it gets boring again.

*M. Night Shyamalan Cinematic Universe**

**joke stolen from the Flophouse podcast

Firstly, over the past few weeks channel 9 over here, each Saturday has been screening the Toy Story movies since TS4 was out this week. I'd only ever watched the first one, but now I've seen all 3. Not the 4th though yet. All in all, the 3rd one is now my favorite of the bunch.

And just watched a good cyberpunk style video from DUST:

Only goes for nearly 8 minutes. This one would would go just fine in the Cyberpunk 2077 universe. I've seen the actor who plays the main character in something else. Can't place it.

And their next uploaded video, follows a similar vein. Though in a more Deus-Ex-ish slant:

It's in French (I think). But pretty good.
    Last edited by icemann; 29th Jun 2019 at 11:49.

Started on Stranger Things Season 3, limiting myself to watching 1 episode per day (so that I'd not blitz through it too quick). Pretty good starting episode. High hopes for the rest of the season.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post

Death of Stalin - Man, this is pretty dark isn't it? Also pretty funny. Yeah this was good.
    It's going to be a cult classic. It's fantastic.

Still Subjective
    Spider-Man: Far From Home. 3/5. Distracting enough. Best thing about it was Aunt May in dem glasses. Though I also changed my mind about Zendaya in Dune - I think she'll be okay after all.

I remember doing a bit of a double-take at the credits, once: "So the comic-book character named Zendaya is played by actress Michelle Jones? ...No, apparently it's vice-versa..."

I finished watching the Twin Peaks series a couple of weeks back and I'm still kind of weirded out about it, especially the ending. I watched a few episodes back when it originally aired but just recently watched the original series and the reboot. Once it veered off into different time lines I just couldn't follow it any more but it was still interesting to watch.

The last season wasn't a reboot. It's the official 3rd season, that picks up where season 2 left off. Much like what the X-Files did and Veronica Mars will be doing shortly.

I don’t think it’s exactly the same, though. The recent Twin Peaks season is a very different beast from the series, just like th film already was a different beast, in terms of style and tone. From the look of it, the new Veronica Mars episode’s will be much more in line with the original three seasons.

Oh yeah. Twin Peaks 3rd season was COMPLETELY different to the first 2. I'd just not call it a reboot that's all. Though that does appear to be the term used for all these revivals happening lately. To me, if it's the same cast then it's a new season.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Been watchin some gooooood movies, folks!

Good Time - Robert Pattinson plays a psychopath on a downward spiral who pulls as many people with him as possible while he's swirling towards the drain. Very compelling. Also, do you have to have played a psycho to be allow to play Batman? Probably can't hurt, right?

Widows - After their career criminal husbands die, their widows decide to do an all-female reboot of their latest planned heist. Not as wacky as it sounds. In fact it's very grounded, and the performances are great.

Upgrade - A tale of a guy who gets a chip installed in his neck that turns him from a quadriplegic into a super-assassin. This B-grade action/sci-fi movie doesn't have a single recognaizable actor, the production values are underwhelming, but the plot, pacing, and actionscenes are all top-notch. Entertaining from start to finish. Destined to be a cult-classic. I suggest you go ahead and UPGRADE your next movie-night, with a Blu-ray copy of UPGRADE!!

For Upgrade, you didn't recognize the main character? He's been in a few things. The female cop I'd also seen in a couple.

I watched I Am Mother yesterday. The premise from the opening scene is that humanity has been wiped out by some I guess biological or toxic weapons in a war (wasn't ever very clear to me), and it triggered a facility with backup humans to make its first test tube baby to try to repopulate the earth. And it starts off with the baby girl being taken care of & taught by an AI Mother and growing up into young adulthood when things, uh, get interesting. I guess Moon is the movie it can be compared too. It's a kind of bottle movie; most of it happens in the one facility, but occasionally we get hints and glimpses of what's going on off the reservation in the bigger world. And the uncertainty about what's really going on drives a lot of the plot. I'm a big fan of these kinds of hard scifi thought-experiment movies, and this basically delivered. I might put it on par with Moon; Moon had the better dialog & pacing but I Am Mother has the better action & tension. Both are great.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    For Upgrade, you didn't recognize the main character? He's been in a few things.
    Initially I did recognize him, and said "Wow, I can't believe they could afford to get Tom Hardy for this!". But then I realized it wasn't Tom Hardy.

Looking the actors up on imdb now I see they have had some minor parts in a few movies I've seen, but nothing I could remember.

Well if you've seen "Get Out" the cop woman was in that. A particular scientist guy was in "Chronicle" and one of the Spiderman movies, to name a few.

Page 188 of 188 FirstFirst ... 88138143148153158163168173178183184185186187188