TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 35 of 206 FirstFirst ... 5101520253031323334353637383940455055606570758085135 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you watched lately?

EXACTLY FONZ YOU EVEN STARTED A FUCKING THREAD LET THIS ONE DIE :MAD:
    Last edited by Scots Taffer; 2nd May 2010 at 04:33. Reason: I'M SO MAD AT MEGATHREADS I'M NOT GOING TO FIX THAT :MAD: ABOVE

Quote Originally Posted by Scots Taffer View Post
    EXACTLY FONZ YOU EVEN STARTED A FUCKING THREAD LET THIS ONE DIE :MAD:
    Don't get your panties in a twist, Martha.

Level 10,000 achieved

What have I watched lately?
    Oh, not much, just YouTube videos
    on my BRAND NEW
    THIRTY SEVEN INCH
    Sony Bravia LCD-TV's
    BUILT-IN
    Internet Video Mode

no biggie

Taking the Death Toll
    Thirty seven inches? Shit, you can actually see my entire cock at actual size without having to zoom out!

Level 10,000 achieved
    I don't wanna see your entire cock.

The Human Centipede (First Sequence)

Mouth to anus freakshow, ftw!

Jesus Christ, what a messed up flick. Words cannot describe...

Taking the Death Toll
    Don't watch Millennium episodes "Lamentations" or "Broken World" if you don't like sometimes almost unbearably depressing things.

I hadn't watched Millennium since I was in 4th grade up until a couple years ago when I discovered the DVD sets. I remembered very little about the story aside from a few setpieces, I just remembered that I really liked it.

When I got to the lamentation episode I just couldn't believe what happened, The show really draws you into Frank's character somehow and I didn't know what to feel for the guy. Yeah it's just a show, but it sure is a damn good one.

Still my favorite episode has to be "The Curse of Frank Black" from the second season. If you haven't seen it yet you've gotta. Of course if you're watching the episodes in sequence you'll get to it eventually.

I felt with season 1 that Millennium was trying too hard to be TV Seven in terms of the atmosphere of doom and gloom, forgetting that even Seven had light moments, making the darker parts all the more effective. Later in S1 and especially in S2, the series realised that the relentless darkness risks becoming self-parody; the series becomes much better at balancing its tone with occasional flashes of humour. Having said that, though, it's been years since I watched the first two seasons, and I still haven't touched season 3.

Just saw Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

Short version: Decent adaption (and probably one of the best Game->Movie movies), but you won't be missing much if you wait for the DVD to hit the bargain bin. It's fairly standard summer action movie fare, though it could use a bit less of that shaky-fighting-sequence-cam.

Chakat sex pillow
    Aw well, as long as it's a decent adventure romp. Is it very Michael Bay'd?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Aw well, as long as it's a decent adventure romp. Is it very Michael Bay'd?
    It's not filled with pre-teen fart jokes or tons of explosions, though one character does seem like he was put in just for fairly bad jokes, but he doesn't get that much screentime (3 or 4 scenes). The plot and character development is fairly predictable but decent. As said, the camera could use less of that stupid shaky-action-cam where you can't see who's doing what in close-up shots.

Quote Originally Posted by WingedKagouti View Post
    Just saw Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

Short version: Decent adaption (and probably one of the best Game->Movie movies), but you won't be missing much if you wait for the DVD to hit the bargain bin. It's fairly standard summer action movie fare, though it could use a bit less of that shaky-fighting-sequence-cam.
    start a fucking thread PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by Scots Taffer View Post
    start a fucking thread PLEASE
    With the discussion value limited to "it was decent/not horrible/not excelent", I can't really see why it should have its own thread.

Never underestimate the comedy value that can be squeezed out of creatively dissing a movie that looks as average as that one!

Ok this ought to be inconsequential enough to bump this, so:

The Venture Bros. The yard sale episode. Holy cow that's funny. Why didn't I watch this sooner? I hope all those Invader Zim heads I used to know are all over this.

And the music. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery, super villany may result

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    I just saw the trailer for this and I would have to agree with the youtube commenter who wrote "WHAT THE FUCK".

Chakat sex pillow
    That looks like the worst sort of depraved and pointlessly sadistic shite a person could make. I can take an Antichrist (well, I will once I actually see it fully someday), but I can't imagine wasting two hours (or however long it is) of my life that I'll never get back by watching this.

I'd rather watch a tired fucking spoof of a spoof like Disaster Movie than this misanthropic horseshit.

Moderator and Priest
    I just got through watching the Fringe finale. I dunno what happened here. The first season was entertaining, though nothing to write home about, and this season started out on similar if not slightly weaker footing. But from the S2 episode "August" on, the show went from pretty decent to grand spectacle holy shit good times.

Yeah, it's all popcorn action sci-fi fun at best, but damn if it ain't good popcorn action sci-fi fun. Between this, the new Doctor Who (which I finally got around to watching), and Breaking Bad, I have more TV shows than I know what to do with.

Mister Science
    Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    I just saw the trailer for this and I would have to agree with the youtube commenter who wrote "WHAT THE FUCK".
    Sadism for the sake of sadism is getting old. Hostel was a good movie, but seeing it once was enough. Countless clones meh.

Seven years in Tibet. (Yeah, I know I'm late but I still got so many good films to watch.)

Never thought I actually would see a movie where I'd love Brad Pitt's acting, but this surely is that one. Some fantastic scenes, I really should read the novel.

Haven't seen Seven Years in Tibet, but Brad Pitt's become a pretty interesting actor in the last five years or so. Growing older means that his parts aren't just the pretty-boy parts at this point. IMO he did very well in Babel and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs - what an unexpected gem! Possibly the best non-Pixar CGI film ever made. It has all the laugh-out-loud, quick-fire humour of single-digit Simpsons seasons, and voice actors who appear to have been picked for their voices rather than their star power. The story is about a guy who invents a machine that turns clouds into food, causing food rain and all it's associated problems. Highly recommended!

I just saw Splice. Definitely not for everyone, but even so, everyone should watch it if only for the unique experience it offers. It's a science fiction horror film centering around two romantically involved genetic engineers experimenting with human hybrids. The effects are definitely something, but it's not blood and gore (and you know, there isn't really a lot except in one short scene) that makes you recoil, but it's what the characters are becoming and how you're reacting to it. The camera work turns the audience into filthy voyeurs, maybe even more monstrous than the on-screen characters.

A part of me really, really wanted to freak out during specific scenes concerning Clive and Dren, but I just couldn't bring myself to do that moral thing. -sigh- What the heck is wrong with me... is what I wanted to be thinking but I was too busy enjoying myself.

Garage (2007). Simple and good.

Page 35 of 206 FirstFirst ... 5101520253031323334353637383940455055606570758085135 ... LastLast