TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 44 of 205 FirstFirst ... 4914192429343940414243444546474849545964697479848994144 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 5110

Thread: What have you watched lately?

Almost by accident (free screening that I stumbled upon), I saw Exit Through the Gift Shop, and I have a hard time thinking of any recent film (documentary or otherwise) that is so thoroughly enjoyable and thought-provoking.

You should read my top ten of 2010 more thoroughly then shouldn't you.

I read it, but seeking out movies is not something I do. They either come to me or they don't.

Chakat sex pillow
    'If Mohammed will not go to the mountain, the mountain must come to Mohammed.'

sometimes they come to me in dreams!

Your life is lacking, I'm afraid.

Just went to see James Cameron's 'Sanctum' and wish I hadn't spent the money. Lousy dialogue, even lousier acting, and except for a few bits, the cinematography was lackluster and boring. Definitely two thumbs down on this one.

Watching a Ghost Adventures and Top Gear marathons.
    Got all the sports channels blocked so i dont have to hear about the damn super bowl. Ill be glad when its over.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Watched season 1 of The Walking Dead this weekend.

How come noone refeers to the zombies as "zombies" in these things? It's all "walkers" or "goons" or something. Have none of the final handfull of people on earth seen a George Romero movie?

Oh yeah, it was really good btw.

Moderator and Priest
    I finally got around to watching Farscape, after having it suggested to me on these very forums a couple years back.

S'alright so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    JJames Cameron produced 'Sanctum'
    Fixed that for ya.

Did you see it in 3D? Apparently it uses the same 3D cam tech as Avatar but they obviously haven't thrown the hundreds of millions of dollars into FX.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I finally got around to watching Farscape, after having it suggested to me on these very forums a couple years back.

S'alright so far.
    The muppets don't rub you the wrong way? The first season is very 'encounter of the week'. Stick with it if you can though, it's building up.

Moderator and Priest
    Man, the muppets are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Scots Taffer View Post
    Fixed that for ya.

Did you see it in 3D? Apparently it uses the same 3D cam tech as Avatar but they obviously haven't thrown the hundreds of millions of dollars into FX.
    Tx. Yeah, the theater I went to offered it in 3D only. Regardless, it was still a serious disappointment.

Level 10,000 achieved

guess what I found in my mailbox today?

The Die Hard Quadrilogy! That's the boxset with Die Hard, Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard 3: Die Hard With A Vengeance, and of course Die Hard 4.0: Live Free Or Die Hard. You might say I'm a die hard fan HEH

Now the only question is: do I watch them one at a time or have some sort of Die Hard marathon? Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post

S'alright so far.
    Farscape rocks, but it definitely improves greatly throughout the series. If you watch the early episodes after watching the last couple seasons, you'll scratch your head as to how you made it through them.

Very much worth sticking with it IMO.

Moderator and Priest
    I'm 7 episodes into the first season, and I'm already enjoying it quite a bit. As of now, I don't think there's any doubt over me sticking with it til the end.

Farscape is one of my all-time favourite TV shows. I wish it were possible for them to master it to HD and release a Blu-ray of the whole thing, but I'm pretty sure it was shot on video (I'd be really surprised if it was shot on film, considering the cost of the sets and the puppets and the CG).

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Now the only question is: do I watch them one at a time or have some sort of Die Hard marathon? Hmmm...
    I wouldn't, otherwise the subsequent drops in quality as the franchise progresses might make you delusional enough to consider yourself Hans Gruber's cousin's former roomate who is launching his big heist on Fort Knox where recent retiree John McClane on a Golden Years Sunshine Retirement Tour gets pulled into the mix and grumbles, "I'm too old for this shit..."

fuck wait i'm cross pollinating my franchises

hey i've got an idea for a dual franchise reboot

Level 10,000 achieved

yeah

Die Hard vs Grumpy Old Men

Moderator and Priest
    I gotta give points to Farscape for it's body switching episode. Yeah, I know. Every sci-fi show in existence has a body switching episode. It ain't nothing new. But Farscape gets props for going that extra mile, and actually having one of the characters do what any guy would do if he ended up in a woman's body.

"Aw, comeon, man. I'm...they're here. They're. Right. Here"

Farscape is great. And so damn weird.

Chakat sex pillow
    Buddy, you have no idea. There's a slightly silly three-parter coming your way, but an episode or two after it, there's an episode named after a Who song that ranks as one of the best and most insane things ever seen on TV -- and best of all, it actually makes sense in the end.

How'd you like Superhero Crichton?

'What the hell is this?'
    'Heat-deflecting paste, you'll burn up in there without it.'
    'Smells like puke.'
    'I pre-digested it to increase its potency.'
    'It's puke!?'

If you like Farscape and haven't seen Firefly, I suggest Firefly as well, fantastic Sci-Fi.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Buddy, you have no idea. There's a slightly silly three-parter coming your way...
    I watched up to part two of three of that slightly silly three-parter last night. It had, by and far, the best escape scene ever shown on television. Far from most other space show captains, who usually handle situations stoic resolve, Crichton almost always goes madman on a coke binge crazy when he's in a tight spot. It's not just crazy anger, it's all crazy.

And he's the nicest one. The rest of the characters are even stranger or scarier on occasion. It makes for some great TV.

To answer Grip's question, yeah, I have seem Firefly. It used to be my favorite sci-fi show. Farscape has now supplanted it.

Page 44 of 205 FirstFirst ... 4914192429343940414243444546474849545964697479848994144 ... LastLast