TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Just a couple of questions?

Just a couple of questions?

First I am in the process of becoming hortator of the 3 houses. I finished the mages towers and became the telivonni hortator. I killed g who just stalled for time before seeing the guy in tel vos and the quest locked up. Apparently you have to wait for him to say its okay to kill g. Then you kill him and complete it. My question is has this happened to anyone else?

Second, I have noticed that the further I get in the game the more it crashes. Is this normal? Its not bad yet, but irritating. It happened like 3 times in an hour. Usually it happens only once or twice during a 3 to 4 hour gaming session. The screen just goes black during a cell load and says morrowind must close. Thankfully I have learned to save pretty good, so there wasn't too much to make up.

I have the game of the year addition with both expansions and no mods.
    p4 1.5 512ram and a gf3 ti. This isn't really a big deal but I just wondered if this stiff is normal. Thanks for your time!

I don't know about the first one, but for your second question: I didn't have the CTDs like you're getting until I started adding mods to the game and tweaking the video settings to make it prettier. I'm willing to live with the occasional crash.

The worst offender that I remember was one of the window lights mods (very pretty). It kept creating new objects in the game world over time without getting rid of them, eventually resulting in huge numbers of invisible objects inside every town for the rendering engine to try to deal with. Eventually I stopped using it.

Did you install the Morrowind Code Patch already? If not, that could reduce the number of crashes and fix some annoying bugs as well.

I do have that patch but have held off on installing. Will it mess up my present game if I do? I would hate to have to start over. Thanks for your help!

P.S. Actually after looking I have the unofficial patch. I will get the code patch as well. Are these compatable?

P.P.S. I can't get the code patch as the site hasn't sent an activation email. Is there any other place to dl the latest 1.5 version? If not then I guess the code patch is a wash.
    Last edited by Stingm; 2nd Sep 2009 at 12:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    I do have that patch but have held off on installing. Will it mess up my present game if I do? I would hate to have to start over. Thanks for your help!

P.S. Actually after looking I have the unofficial patch. I will get the code patch as well. Are these compatable?

P.P.S. I can't get the code patch as the site hasn't sent an activation email. Is there any other place to dl the latest 1.5 version? If not then I guess the code patch is a wash.
    Try to download from Fliggerty's site, I could do that without registering. And I would definitely get it - even if only for the save-cleaning capabilities it automatically inserts into Morrowind, which you absolutely want for a longer game.

And the Unofficial Morrowind Patch Project is a must-have as well, you are right. They are compatible.

Okay, thanks for the tip! Got it!