TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: T3G: Mission Rework Progress

I could copy the old textures again to make it work, but I'd mess up all my other things, plus, for the scripting etc. things I'd need a completely clean install which is even more impossible considering my custom stuff. I've tried to use a second setup, but it won't work with the ThiefLauncher/registry things etc.. I'm already copying the whole map (including brushes); it's not that I rebuild it from scratch.

The secret cave is where you get from the Compendium hiding place back to the mines at the start.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    I could copy the old textures again to make it work, but I'd mess up all my other things, plus, for the scripting etc. things I'd need a completely clean install which is even more impossible considering my custom stuff. I've tried to use a second setup, but it won't work with the ThiefLauncher/registry things etc.. I'm already copying the whole map (including brushes); it's not that I rebuild it from scratch.
    I meant brushes, like those ones created by this, not textures:

Surely for the pure brushes, that aren't interactive volumes, you can change them with the original ones, without altering the scripts relations.

The secret cave is where you get from the Compendium hiding place back to the mines at the start.
    Hmmm... I see it goodly connected to the other... Where you had to add something?

I have the feeling that we'll talk about different things even if I explain it to you for five more posts. I have no general problem with brushes. I copy them from one map to another and adjust what has to be adjusted. But I mess up the texture alignment of them when I rebuild, due to my different (bigger JohnP) textures. That's it.

There are three or four corridors which meet when you copy map two onto map one. The hidden exit however doesn't meet the cave corridor and the secret door of map one, so I just used some remaining brushes to create a basic link. Now I'll care about the patrol paths and other things.

BANNED
    I have the feeling that we'll talk about different things even if I explain it to you for five more posts. I have no general problem with brushes. I copy them from one map to another and adjust what has to be adjusted. But I mess up the texture alignment of them when I rebuild, due to my different (bigger JohnP) textures. That's it.
    If I have understood well what you needed, well, in the copied brushes there's also the original alignment, that's why I've told you to copy them. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, but the original alignment is messed up if the game notices that I have bigger textures. When I load them, everything is fine, the alignment is saved and the textures are just higher-res (that's why JohnP's pack works for the original TDS in the first place). But upon re-building, the game notices the bigger textures and corrects the alignment.

BANNED
    LOL then resize the textures

Yeah, great idea.

Seaside Mansion is merged, patrols fixed, objectives work, so there is only some cave design left and one or two volumes which apparently don't work properly, but I'll have to test it once more.

Dungeons merged, patrols yet to come. Seems easy.

Edit: Was easy. Now if someone could care about the re-texturing...

2nd Edit: Keeper Compound merged, patrols fixed, but something makes Garrett die at the scene of Caduca's murder occasionally.
    Last edited by Beleg Cúthalion; 2nd Mar 2010 at 16:32.

BANNED
    This project is really stranded... Were someone able to import even a single class with the ascottk's method??

Since I'm the only one working, please leave the decision if it's stranded to me. I think it's already a huge step even without any of ascottk's ideas, even though his absence isn't exactly helpful.

BANNED
    Since I'm the only one working, please leave the decision if it's stranded to me. I think it's already a huge step even without any of ascottk's ideas, even though his absence isn't exactly helpful.
    So, you neither was able to import classes with his method

Why do I have to...?

BANNED
    Why do I have to...?
    Just for trying! Don't you try something, when it's written in the forum before? I do it. Interesting and useful things can be apprehended.

Thanks to Xiaopang's ModernLoader which allows multiple T3Ed installs I have a working vanilla T3Ed install. First good news: I don't have to re-texture my already modified maps, they're just re-set to pre-JohnP status. Second good news, the Child of Karras is just testing a merged Kurshok map in his completely editor-free TDS install (two files copied, dungeon1.gmp and ~-ibt). When the transition to the following maps works, I'm a happy man this evening. I just don't know yet why the xreboot.bat/Send to xBox thing makes TDS crash. The current ibt (which, unlike the kernel files, was put into the editor directory under Win7) was made with the debug version.

jtr7
    Good news! I hope to see you back to building as fully as time allows you.

As fast as I can... and by the way I'll help to make ModernLoader a more useful tool. Well, hopefully.

We ran into problems upon reloading the Kurshok mission (from a savegame): There are no visible objectives and if you had completed them all beforehand, the mission, when restarted, allows you to finish it right away, leaving you in the Keeper Compound without objectives, too. I've checked the EnterMissionInfo on both my "gold" map and the original as well as the starting EnterMissionInfo actor at the Docks and there is no objective info to be found. Does anyone know how these things are processed in the game? I'll try to make the unr maps available online soon.

...I have a working vanilla T3Ed install... I don't have to re-texture my already modified maps... the Child of Karras is just testing a merged Kurshok map...
    Beleg Cúthalion, great news!

Honestly I hoped you could have a look at it since you appear to be quite the expert.

dungeon1.unr
    Clocktower1.unr

Please note that these are the names of the original first-half-of-the-map...maps. I did this to avoid conflicts with the corresponding EnterMissionInfos or teleport volumes in previous missions. However, sometimes I copied map 1 into map 2 (because maybe the patrols in map 1 were simpler and so easier to reconstruct) and so the savegame is still called e.g. "Heart of the Citadel". But this is a minor bug, the reloading problem is a major one. About the Clocktower mission, maybe there is something wrong with the gear stopping thing at the end, but it must still be tested. Please see the comments on the first page for further info.

Honestly I hoped you could have a look at it since you appear to be quite the expert...

Well, I'm not that clever, but I'll do my best to help you.

I had second look at the original level info and info actors, but except for a level name in the properties which I changed from dungeon2 to dungeon1 (IIRC), everything was the same in both original and combined map.

If all these maps get rejoined, I'll definitely consider firing up my mothballed copy of T3EnhancEd to give these a 'classic' Thief revamp. Edible food, holy water arrows, classic hud, only over weight guards get tired...the return of some classic sounds. I'll expand the training mission and remove all the blue feet, blue arrows and overall hand holding. It will be one monster of a patch...but should be pretty cool.

For the sake of use in other FMs I'd like to see those features as single tweaks as well. I know some of your stuff is scattered across the forum, but often the "clue" part is missing or I dunno. And first of course it must work. However, I like the idea of calling for a TDS beta test. There are still a couple of flickering surfaces or floating objects. Oh, and I still have the data for the invisible enforcers, and did I not see a path blocking feature for volumes? Back to T3Ed...

For the sake of use in other FMs I'd like to see those features as single tweaks as well. I know some of your stuff is scattered across the forum, but often the "clue" part is missing or I dunno. And first of course it must work. However, I like the idea of calling for a TDS beta test. There are still a couple of flickering surfaces or floating objects. Oh, and I still have the data for the invisible enforcers, and did I not see a path blocking feature for volumes? Back to T3Ed...
    Sure thing. If the original missions all get joined, and I have the time to put together a 'classic themed' patch for the missions, I'll gladly document how to make all the changes individually.

Reloading / goals problem seems to be fixed for the Kurshok mission at least.

And if the Cradle works for you as well, we can assume that the saving issue was due to missing Kernel ibts. If not, then it was due to missing Kernel ibts and/or the MissionTitle (Level Properties ...) set to the map two name.

Edit: Oh no, both Clocktower and Cradle are set to map 1 already, but I guess this does refer to the savegame name (Inner/Outer Cradle/Citadel etc.) only anyway.
    Last edited by Beleg Cúthalion; 20th Mar 2011 at 16:45.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast