TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keeper Investigations - Mission 4 - Tanis Station

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    cardia1 - There is a note on a small crate near that large crate. Did you read that note first?
    Yes i did read that note, i can almost say i cleaned the whole mission, took all loot, readables, disabled all ai cratures, caught all the food. is there any hidden objective i might be missing?

I only have 1 objective left and I can leave.

It is the "find out who these people are" objective

So far I've read 2 volumes of a "history" text. What else am I missing?

elkston - you need to read 2 books; 1 in the library & 1 on the beach.

Master Builder 2018
    Pedro, as long as all of your objectives are complete the mission is supposed to end when you get in that crate. If it doesn't then something is wrong.

But if you have completed all objectives and are inside the crate then you have completed the mission. Just use ctrl+alt+shft+end to go to the next mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Are you sure you don't mean part 4; "Tanis Station"?

If so: you need to read 2 books, 1 on the beach & 1 in the library.
    yeah that is it, I was afraid I would need to go all the way back to the beginning!!!

Tanis Station

Well I got everything done now it tells me to hide in a crate. I jump in the one by the all the subs and nothing happens. So what gives? [/COLOR]

Pedro, as long as all of your objectives are complete the mission is supposed to end when you get in that crate. If it doesn't then something is wrong.

But if you have completed all objectives and are inside the crate then you have completed the mission. Just use ctrl+alt+shft+end to go to the next mission.
    Thanks Mike, i guess there must be some bug i caught, guess i dont have any other choice than skip this mission.

b.t.w. the 3 first missions are much better than the old ones...im enjoying playing this mission.

I'm still trying to figure out why some of you can't complete this mission but I have no idea/clue until now...but will try everything again!

DUDE!!!!!!!

the cutscene for mission 4 - WONDERFUL!

uber cool!!!

and WOAH!!!! they got an actual DATA SCREEN!!!!

Garrett see sub, Garrett say "Now that's BIG"!!!

the whole sub bay makes me feel like i am back playing Deus Ex, in the ship scuttling mission - VERY many similarities!!!

oh Intruder - you are a FUNNY guy!!!
    "I want to believe" and then the first line of the theme tune!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 1st Oct 2009 at 13:33.

Where is the loot?

Where is the loot? I'm 1420, can not find more. Thanks for help.

Master Builder 2018
    There is a loot list included in the mission zip file.

There is a loot list included in the mission zip file.
    OK
    Last edited by Krystyna; 2nd Oct 2009 at 13:51.

Anyone else saved the game before pressing the red button in front of the torpedos in arsenal room ?

I pressed all three torpedo buttons, and nothing happened. I was expecting an explosion, so I did a quick save -- but then nothing, so I moved on. What did I miss?

Ghost
    Am I the only one whose lootlist is blank for missions 4 and 5?

I too am short on loot. Can someone suggest some well-hidden stashes I might have overlooked? I only need approximately 52.

Thanks,

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    Am I the only one whose lootlist is blank for missions 4 and 5?

I too am short on loot. Can someone suggest some well-hidden stashes I might have overlooked? I only need approximately 52.

Thanks,

Dafydd
    There is a loot list folder in the T2 folder when you install this FM.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    To complete the Khar-Toba objective, you need to read 7 books:
    6 in the research area (1 per lab) and 1 in the arsenal
    Are you sure? Because I have read all 7 for sure, twice. Does it matter if I read some of them *before* getting that objective?

Also... Nice mission, but the technology tree is waaay off the mark. Advanced computers, no personnel weapons to speak of? Acoustic-guided torpedoes? 4 forward, 2 back on a mothership? Come on. We're talking defensive sub warfare here, against singular (and crap) enemy crafts here...

(Ok, I'm a little too well-versed in sub history and warfare... : )

Also... How does someone grab the loot from the bar? (Ok, other than the "run in, get chased by everyone, dash into water somewhere" way).

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseshireCat View Post
    Are you sure? Because I have read all 7 for sure, twice. Does it matter if I read some of them *before* getting that objective?
    The order does not matter. Here are the locations of all story-related books, maybe you confused one of them:

- beach
    - library
    - Argonaut
    - 6 labs
    - Atan's room
    - weapon storage (the one with the torpedos)

(Ok, I'm a little too well-versed in sub history and warfare... : )
    You should play Deep Trouble 1 & 2 made by John D. if you are interested in submarines and belboz's Trickster Rift Gem Mine missions "Shore Leave" and "Up Shit Creak".

Also... How does someone grab the loot from the bar? (Ok, other than the "run in, get chased by everyone, dash into water somewhere" way).
    You can douse the chandeliers.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    The order does not matter. Here are the locations of all story-related books, maybe you confused one of them:

- beach
    - library
    - Argonaut
    - 6 labs
    - Atan's room
    - weapon storage (the one with the torpedos)
    I don't think so, since the ones related to this goal are essentially in just two locations... Moreover, I went over the place and read them again, too... In the weapon storage as well as all six labs -- hull materials, fluid dynamics, computer/AI, navigation, construction and weapons/eq...

You should play Deep Trouble 1 & 2 made by John D. if you are interested in submarines and belboz's Trickster Rift Gem Mine missions "Shore Leave" and "Up Shit Creak".
    I did the shore leave/up shit creak, yeah. Don't recall deep trouble. And it isn't me being too interested in playing them in Thief as much as just knowing them iRL

You can douse the chandeliers.
    I think I only have 4 water arrows. I need 8 to douse them all (it doesn't seem to douse 2 at once by shooting between). Where can I look for more?

I don't think so, since the ones related to this goal are essentially in just two locations... Moreover, I went over the place and read them again, too... In the weapon storage as well as all six labs -- hull materials, fluid dynamics, computer/AI, navigation, construction and weapons/eq...
    I assume that you're playing with the 1.1.8 version of the game and not with an unpatched version, right?

You could download the standard script-packages and check whether you've got the same versions:
    http://darkloader.net/ThiefScripts.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Swiz View Post
    Cheers. I'd been there, but think I reloaded after the archer spotted me.

The optional BJ objective failed for me despite only knocking out 3 people, oddly.
    Replaying this, this bug is still present: on Adept difficulty, it fails despite me not knocking out anywhere near the limit.

I didn't grab a screen shot but i ghosted every the mission playing "keeper" - I dealt zero damage in Tannis station with nothing more than 1st alerts but I still failed the "do not knock out more than 2 people".

Meh. I still liked it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12