TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Keeper Investigations - mission 5: Returning Home

To the left of the two Nobles in the second area. 'PIPE-ing' around Thanx but could you be a little more direct? Is the two nobles on the street or os that a landmark?:

Master Builder 2018
    On the balcony with the two nobles and the telescope and the table, go to the left near where the nobles are (opposite the table) and look over. There are no pipes on this side but there is a small beam sticking out to your left. Use a rope arrow on that beam to get to the window across from you.

Thanx as soon as I posted I found the hidden switch in the bookcase

EDIT: All I can say Intruder is Thanx for a great couple of days worth of fun
    Last edited by pwl; 29th Sep 2009 at 19:10. Reason: Finished!!

This is a fantastic TH-type mission - great work, intruder

Have got all objectives, but need some more loot - there's several trapdoors I haven't been able to open:
    1. in the building imm west of the Guard House (big office below the attic)
    2. top floor of the Guard House (near the dummy)
    3. the top floor of the building north of those other 2 (with a little castellated bit on top) - a small metal trapdoor

Edit - ok, scratch #2, bashed it & there's nothing there.
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 30th Sep 2009 at 08:11.

Master Builder 2018
    None of those open. Just part of the environment. There is a lootlist in the zip file.

Just finished this campaign and have to say I wish I had something like this available every day. A wonderful unique endeavor. Kudos to the author!!!

How can I reach ...

That high balcony with the lone guard across from the estate with the telescope?

I've tried to shoot a rope arrow into the wooden block not far from it and climb onto the tiny square section. But it seems that is not the way. I see what MIGHT be a secret door on that balcony and I'm thinking this is how you're supposed to reach this area. Is the entrance somewhere in the estate with the telescope?

Master Builder 2018
    If you are talking about the archer across from the circular tower, there is no way up there and nothing to find there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    If you are talking about the archer across from the circular tower, there is no way up there and nothing to find there.
    Yeah, that's the guy and thanks for clearing things up!

Nowhere near finished but I've got to say the series was very good but this final mission is fan-taffin'-tabulous!

Thanks a lot for your kind words... It's nice to hear that you enjoy the missions!

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    How can I reach ...

That high balcony with the lone guard across from the estate with the telescope?

I've tried to shoot a rope arrow into the wooden block not far from it and climb onto the tiny square section. But it seems that is not the way. I see what MIGHT be a secret door on that balcony and I'm thinking this is how you're supposed to reach this area. Is the entrance somewhere in the estate with the telescope?

Ah, but you can! There are a numerous number of usable crates floating around the level (jewellers house attic & murderers home) Using these, you can get up there.

That guard that you are talking about when I was up on that balcony opposite of where the nobles are I jumped up and down on the marble floor a few times and he decided to jump off his perch then I looked down and there he was running around with the other guards!!! Made me laugh out load on that one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiron View Post
    How do I
    move the sarcophagus in the cemetery chapel?
    Where do I find the pagan ghost?
    I missed this one too. Look for a lever next to the inside door casing.

I'm not finished yet, but I just wanted to say that the musical selections in these missions are superb. Esp. mission #5. suspenseful and foreboding!

key to lockbox in jeweller's place

not found it yet, any hints would help.

thank you.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

Master Builder 2018
    Look outside one of his windows. There is a flower box against the opposite wall and below you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    None of those open. Just part of the environment. There is a lootlist in the zip file.
    Thanks, Tannar - now I know why I couldn't find any switches!

Finished 125 short of loot (without using the loot list) & I figure that's because I never figured out how to get into that window - with the visible green safe - east of the first building. At least not without dying repeatedly!

Intruder: thanks so much for this excellent series - such very different mission designs, but all of which furthered the very good main plot.
    Whilst the first 4 missions were really well put together & thoroughly immersive (you've obviously got a 'thing' for ships ), IMO your main skill seems to be TH / rooftop design: I think of part 5 as right up there with the best & most enjoyable of these kinds of FMs - & they're one of my most favourite kinds

Please tell us you're planning another TH-style FM!

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    I figure that's because I never figured out how to get into that window - with the visible green safe - east of the first building. At least not without dying repeatedly!
    The best way that I have found to do that is the following: From the top of the parapet across from the window, place one rope arrow into the top of the slanting wooden wall above and a little to the side of that window. Then place another rope arrow at the bottom of that slant in front of the window. Jump to the top one first, then the lower one, retrieve the top arrow and jump through the window. To exit, from the window sill put a rope arrow near the top of the parapet across the way, jump onto the rope still hanging in front of the window (you have to leave that one behind) and then jump across to the one in the parapet and climb/mantle up.

No idea why I couldn't work that out - got everywhere else without resorting to this thread (unless you count the "decorative trapdoors"). Was really easy.

Finished 50 short of loot & 4 Bonus Objectives; good enough for me

Mucho thanx, Tannar (you're not NW's protege, by any chance? )

Just completed the marvelous 5th mission. "Keeper" difficulty and 3319 in loot. Returning Home will go down in FM history as THE rooftop/vertical mission to beat. Only Lord Fishkill's Curse or The Tower could give it a run for its money. Hell LFC, good as it is, isn't even 100% original.

My only curiosity is this: What connection is there really between mission #5 and the rest of the campaign? This mission seems to exist as a completely independent story and could quite easily have been just a standalone adventure. I mean, the story of the extraterrestrials and their manipulation of the Mechanists was wrapped up in #4 it appears. You hitch a ride home and they go looking to salvage their mothership . Sure, chronologically this mission takes place shortly after mission #4 ends, but any common narrative ends there.

I kept waiting to encounter some plot twist, note, or character, that would tie this final episode into what Garrett was investigating in the previous 4 missions. Heh, maybe there is something obvious and I'm just stupid!

Anyway. Thank you, intruder for this campaign and that gem of a finale. I rank the missions in this order (from best to worst): #5, #1,#2, #4, #3

ah,

so Cody has "a meeting with Basso"huh?

he must be playing a certain Thief FM then!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

i am now stuck, i thought the next move from Cody's was to the open window across and a bit to the left (with the letter about angelwatch and a gold candlestick), but it is a dead end!

don't see next accessable area!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 1st Oct 2009 at 15:41.

Master Builder 2018
    Have you found the room with the fireplace and the five vases on the tables? Did you put out the fire?

Garrett's Shadow:

Use a rope arrow to get onto the roof of the building where you're at and then follow Tannar's hint.

you mean

back to the first roof you jumped down to?

where there WERE an archer and lantern guard?

if so - i am back there now - don't see where the room Tannar mentioned could be!

Edit - answered in a pm, ty again tannar!
    ------------------------------------------------
    and i agree with elkston about the storyline - i mean i thought Garrett was supposed to go back to his place to talk to artemis about what to do next!
    --------------------------------------------------
    okay, that lever under the deskin the room with Grenveld's letter about the statue room and the new door, i heard it open something but don't see what or where!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 2nd Oct 2009 at 06:01.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast