TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Keeper Investigations - mission 5: Returning Home

Keeper Investigations - mission 5: Returning Home

intruder, if you put your fifth mission into vertical contest, I'm sure it'll be winner candidate. Great Z-axis !!!

I think I have got a problem: I drop down to street in first part of city and now I'm not able to return there to visit some places. Even if I'm able to reach roofs in second part of city, it's not possible to travel via rooftops to first one.
    Last edited by Aspirin; 26th Sep 2009 at 08:01.

Never...

The sizes don't match, it's a part of a campaign etc. >.>

Anyway, check your map, see where Cody lives and see how to drop down there. Honestly though I didn't get what's your problem. >.>

Aspirin:
    Have you got any rope arrows? If not, you might need to restart and get to Cody's place first.

Thor02:
    Of course, this FM is out of range of contest...

bob_doe_nz:
    yes, I have some, so I'll try to find way up ...

Unfortunately, it seems the way back is impossible - the rope arrow is to high... :-(
    WARNING, possible spoilers:
    Last edited by Aspirin; 26th Sep 2009 at 09:06.

I don't think there's a way back up. There's nothing to do on the streets. You're supposed to stay on the rooftops.
    How far have you gotten and how many objectives have you completed? Maybe someone has a save they can share with you so you wont have to start all over.
    I have 5 or so saves from that mission.

I need help:
    In the starting area there's a roof with wood all around it. A guard with a lantern and an archer is patrolling and a greenhouse is behind a metal door. Below is a window with a green safe inside. How do I open it?
    Last edited by Hertzman; 26th Sep 2009 at 12:54.

@Hertzman:

Frob the telescope on the desk and the lamp will move a bit. You can find the key for the safe beneath the lamp, in a small hole.

herzman:

I made the way back finally - two rope arrows and two crates did the job...

Ah, way cool. I jumped down and ran around looking for a way up, trying to help you.
    But the guards ran around like crazy down there chasing me, because of all the blackjacked guards I had thrown down in front of them

BTW, this is probably the best thieves highway type of mission I have ever played.
    I love this type of mission. This one's a 10/10.

@intruder: Thanks. I frobbed it a couple of times but never heard anything open or move, so I didn't think it did anything.
    Last edited by Hertzman; 26th Sep 2009 at 13:59.

How can I get from first part of city to next one via rooftops ??? I'm not able to find that way... Please help.

Intruder:
    This is incredible FM !!! I thought several times I am at the end but I revealed new part of the city. GREAT !!! This is one of my best taffing experience this year.

Master Builder 2018
    If you are on the roof of Grenveld's estate, you will see a circular tower with a balcony to he left of it and lower. That is where you want to go. Look for a place to put a rope arrow to the left of that balcony.

I see I didn't explain my problem exactly: how can I get from first part of first part of city to the second part of first part of city ?
    So how to get from Codys place to Grenwalds estate via rooftops ?
    I can do it only via street - walk through big portal. The guard is on the top of this portal with door to kitchen in Lord Bramwicks.

Is it clear now ?

Printscreen: how to get through this portal but via rooftops ???

Master Builder 2018
    When you get inside Lord Bramwick's apartments you will find a room with a fireplace and lots of vases on separate tables. Put out the fire and look in the fireplace.

I just love the idea of
    a secret temple in the city disguised as an apartment block:-)

bikerdude
    I have to say this is by far the best mission, it has EVERYTHING, it remindes me of life of the party, but with some street level action and everything in between - window sills, rich houses, ladders, hatches, museums, nooks/crannies and roping here there and everywhere, so many places to explore - I'm having a wail of a time.

This is what thief is all about...

Well done

Can anyone tell me where to find The Book of Wisdom?
    None of my readables mentions it.
    Also, what is Eduard's Compass for?
    And, I have a Servant's Letter talking about a treasure in a wall but I have searched the place high and low.
    What is the Flute for?

Quote Originally Posted by Hertzman View Post
    None of my readables mentions it.
    Thats a bonus objective. It's close to where you entered the second area of the level. Look around.

Bonus Objective-ish on Hard Difficulty

And, I have a Servant's Letter talking about a treasure in a wall but I have searched the place high and low.
    Only one I know of is in the Jewellers home, second area.

Take a closer look at the bookshelf in the room where you read about the book of wisdom.

This is an additional objective for people playing on Keeper (Expert); a sub-quest so to speak.

The treasure can be found in the same room.

Hint:

Take a closer look at the crates in the attic.

What is the Flute for?
    It's just for decoration.

mission 5, wow! this should have been submitted for the vertical contest!
    *is there anything to collect in the magician's secret library?
    *having passed through the gambling rooms and found the temple and the book, the eerie jingling noise follows me now that I have the book in my possession. is it supposed to do that? because it's really annoying if not, can I fix it or does that require the author?

Master Builder 2018
    In the magician's library there is a gem in the chest.

The sound follows you while you are in the temple area but once you exit the temple it should stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    In the magician's library there is a gem in the chest.
    hm, couldn't open the chest. but the door did close behind me, locking me in. that's just as good, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    The sound follows you while you are in the temple area but once you exit the temple it should stop.
    the sound kept playing all the way out into the town. it did fade eventually, though I don't know if it did it on it's own or if it was forced out by the screams of the murderer's victims. is there a point to the book or is it just decoration?

also: in the museum, I cannot find the treasure room. hints please?

Master Builder 2018
    MrMunkeepants

You just need to frob the chest. It will fire a projectile and close again, as well as close the door to the room, but the gem will go into inventory. You might have it and not even know it.

There's no point to the book other than to flesh out the story a bit more. Nothing you need to do with it.

In the chapel in the museum, look for a note on the floor in the pews. This should point you in the right direction.

Does anyone know how to get into the art museum?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    Does anyone know how to get into the art museum?
    From the Jewellers home, jump out one of the windows onto the ledge and into the window.

Or

from the top of the watch station, shoot a rope arrow to the wooden ledge and jump onto it. Mantle down and walk to the window.

Huh. . I didn't notice an open window. Oh well, I'll look again.
    This is becomming a trend with me and this series.

EDIT: Wait a minute, that window just took me into the murderer's hideout, not the museum. How do I get into the museum??
    Last edited by Lady Taffer; 27th Sep 2009 at 02:53.

Master Builder 2018
    If you are in the murderer's place, when you leave by his window the open window to the museum is immediately on your right. To get there, go to the jeweler's. That is the place with the dark grey metal window frames and window sills. Climb up on a windowsill and jump across to the ledge outside the museum and follow the ledge to the open window.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast