TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: RTG->3DS; 3DS->BIN+CAL automatization tool

RTG->3DS; 3DS->BIN+CAL automatization tool

Greetings.

As I tried to make some new AIs I found it inconvenient and annoying to manually type those commands in console, so I've made two batch files: START.BAT and FINISH.BAT

I've used exe files originally created by Shadowspawn [ thanks man! ] to automatize process of making new AI models. Unfortunately it is possible to make only antropomorphic AIs [ like Human, Treebeast, Undead ], but if you have some knowledge you can easily change existing "DO" files [ they exist in your T2\Res\Mesh.crf or T1\CRFS\Mesh.crf files ]

File can be obtained here: Automatize by Paweuek [ instruction included ]

Have fun making models quicker

I remember I had problems with converting AIs back to BIN+CAL after converting them from RTG format to 3DS, and (IIRC) it was not my mistake, but some troubles with format itself. Is everything works correctly now?
    (I use Anim8or for import/modify/export 3DS.)
    If yes, it's a good easy solution for AI tweakers!

Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    I remember I had problems with converting AIs back to BIN+CAL after converting them from RTG format to 3DS, and (IIRC) it was not my mistake, but some troubles with format itself. Is everything works correctly now?
    (I use Anim8or for import/modify/export 3DS.)
    If yes, it's a good easy solution for AI tweakers!
    Converting *.rtg to *.3ds or *.e to *.3ds results to wrong 3ds format. 3DSMax rejects such file as improper file format. There are several tools that are capable to fix such file, but easiest way to do that is to import it to (free) Anim8or and export it again.
    The most common failure converting *.3ds to *.e to *.bin and *.cal is 3d model itself or joints and planes positions.

3DSMax is touchy about material and file names. In the newer versions of Eto3DS, I added the /t option, which truncates the names to shorter values. In most cases, this works for 3DSMax, although you may have to go rename texture files to 8 characters (+ 3 extension).
    Shadowspawn's Thief Pages
    Darkness is always faster than light. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds the dark waiting for it.

Clearinghouse
    Mirror: Automatize.zip