TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Nameless Tower No More???

Nameless Tower No More???

I just tried to go to The Nameless Tower website (http://www.geocities.com/nameless_voice/), and GeoCities says:

Sorry, the GeoCities web site you were trying to reach is no longer available.
    GeoCities has closed, but there's a lot more to explore on Yahoo!
    I think this is not good.

\/

I finally never have to see that badly-coded site again!

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    apparently yahoo wants to migrate the existing users to a $5 a month paid service. i recently downloaded all the objects there, the only other thing that i wish i had is the sunlight calculator, invaluable for figuring out the vectors for sunlight from the moon's position.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Several folks have the whole site backed up, so it may not be gone forever.

For those missing the property listing, please use the one at the Dromesday book instead.
    Dromesday Book property listing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottoj55 View Post
    apparently yahoo wants to migrate the existing users to a $5 a month paid service. i recently downloaded all the objects there, the only other thing that i wish i had is the sunlight calculator, invaluable for figuring out the vectors for sunlight from the moon's position.
    Oh no! I loved that calculator! Crap

Someone made an offline version of that calculator! (I forget who it was, but there's a thread somewhere around here about it)

NV's Sunlight Calculator - Clicky!

A few days ago I copied some of the property descriptions over. I got to the end of the Physics section.

Coded well or not, it was a site that helped me since the very beginning of my Dromed adventure... And even this days I looked to its properties and links descriptions database to quick check some info. Thank You NV for helping me by this site for so long time

Here is a trimmed offline version of the site. No downloads, but all the tutorials and references are there.
    Open index.html. Any other page will try to redirect to index.php, which won't work unless you're viewing it on a server with PHP installed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nameless Voice; 11th Nov 2009 at 15:09.

Your site, NV, was very helpful to me..

This is a great lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Here is a trimmed offline version of the site. No downloads, but all the tutorials and references are there.
    Thank you, it will be in use.

Well, I am coming back from months of exile from Dromed, try to use a Set Property Receptron, go to the Nameless Tower site and it is no more..... NV, thanks for the offline version. I already made a shortcut of it on my desktop. This is a great loss for the community, regardless how "badly" the site was coded

Again, I point anyone looking for properties' "true names" to look at the Dromesday Book property listing.
    For those with no description, note that the page name / URL is the property's true name. For example, SFX->Particles links to:
    http://whoopdedo.org/doku/dromed/property/particlegroup

Archivist
    Shame to see The Nameless Tower gone, badly coded or not.

NV, what about all your objects hosted there? They don't seem to be included in the offline version .

Most of them should be on my page at the Low Poly Guild.

I had to move my site from geocities to yahoo. I didn't mind because I was paying for my site anyway.

By request, the offline version of my texture website.

Again, no downloads, but I can also make the textures available to anyone who requests them.
    Attached Files

Archivist
    Great, thanks NV!