TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: T2FM: Saturnine's Rose Cottage (10-31-09)

Should I go back and remove all the card locations I found?

Also, another bug. After turning off the UV light I was permanently invisible.

Yeah, thats already been known, just keep it light if you have to, throws a eerie glow.

I just finished this.

One word - Wonderful!

Thanks again Saturnine for a fantastic mission!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel View Post
    Should I go back and remove all the card locations I found?
    No, he's fine with people posting card locations they've found - but he wants the community as a whole to work together to determine the complete list without help from the testers. From the looks of things, 15 and 18 are the hardest to find.

Some of the cards were moved between the last two betas because they were too well hidden.

Ok, I decided to give it one more try after my frustrations last time.

I got the ghost in the attic to follow me and I was able to bypass the foyer stairway lagginess by just jumping over the banister and the ghost followed me into the chapel well enough, but goddamn!---I led that sonfabitch over the holy water puddle twice and it didn't kill him! Seriously, WHAT THE HELL??

It's best I've found to stand just on the edge of the puddle, so they have to stand in it to attack you. Usually it doesn't take more than 2 or 3 seconds of standing in it to do the trick. Also, if they sometimes land a blow on you, it's not too bad as there's a few health packs laying around.

Cards 15 and 18 left to go. I guess one is supposed to be located in or near a gated grave in the cemetary. Has someone found it?

It is a simple matter to circle around and pass through the puddle again. I have often had to go through it around 6 times. It is a "feature", not a bug.
    That is debatable.
    Last edited by smithpd; 1st Nov 2009 at 14:18.

Missing cards 6, 15 and 18. Great mission!

I knew from the intro that this was going to be top quality. Really, really impressive design job, here--I'd be hard-pressed to find anything that looks or sounds out of place (for me, the cost of the beauty was a bit high, though--some parts of this mission ran worse than Crysis, no exaggeration).

This FM is basically a first-person adventure game and brings back warm memories of other spooky house exploration titles such as Realms of the Haunting. I've always thought the Dark Engine's detailed object placement made it well-suited for this kind of mission, and it's a shame that there aren't more of them. Can anyone recommend other FMs that are in this "adventure game" style? (Ones I've played that have similar elements are: Keyhunt, Ominous Bequest, Rowena's Curse, and Transitions in Chaos part 1, but those are all considerably more "Thiefy" than this one.)

I could whine a little about lock/key placement (the hairpin/door connection is just a "Might as well try everything in your inventory--hope you didn't miss anything!" puzzle) and strange decisions about what's frobbable/unfrobbable (I can't read the parchment in the safe? Seriously? Also, what about all of the other hairpins?), but the map is pretty compact and you can't get stuck, so it wasn't too bad.

Finally, shouldn't there be a mention of London After Midnight in the music credits?
    Last edited by Wormrat; 1st Nov 2009 at 17:30.

Finished. What incredibly beautyful house.
    Amazing job. Saturnine is the best of all of us.
    Never seen a thing like that running on dromed.
    I am shocked

It's looks like I've saved the best of an excellent batch for last. I just ran through the opening and a little initial game play - WOW. Everything about this is well done and innovative. It's visually stunning for such an antiquated game engine. The game play is engaging and logical. What can I say about the audio other than nobody does it better than the master. I never thought anything would unseat T7C and CL as my favorite Dark Engine missions, but they've been blown out of the water. Thank you Saturnine for another masterpiece.
    Last edited by bdkl; 1st Nov 2009 at 16:48. Reason: woops typo !

Quote Originally Posted by mxleader View Post
    Well the it took forever but I found the switch on the gates. Now maybe the haunts will follow all the way.
    So there is a switch for the gates by the front of the house? If so where is it? I found the last 2 ghosts but don't have a path to lead them to the chapel except down the spiral stairs and up a ladder etc, which I doubt is the way.

Oh yeah, grats on another nice mission. Just when we think the great missions are at a trickle, the dam breaks and we drown in awesome.

Excellent mission! Absolutely beautiful, and the tension of the first half brings me back to the very first time I played through the mines of Cragscleft, nearly a decade ago. Bravo!

Something interesting I found, though: For the longest time, I couldn't figure out where the pool of holy water was supposed to be, and I was circling the building aimlessly. One of the ghosts, returning from having chased me around, went back through the chapel, and walked into the holy water font, and knocked it over! I don't know if that was designed or not, but I've never seen the AI interact with objects like that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    So there is a switch for the gates by the front of the house? If so where is it? I found the last 2 ghosts but don't have a path to lead them to the chapel except down the spiral stairs and up a ladder etc, which I doubt is the way.
    When you walk out the building from the top of the spiral stairs, headed towards those gates and the house, it's right there on the right wall.

Kevlar: That's interesting, I don't think it was planned (zombeh or Saturning can correct me if I'm wrong). I'm pretty sure none of the testers did that (not frobbing the font right away).

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    So there is a switch for the gates by the front of the house? If so where is it?
    Stand at the gates looking out through them into the area in front of the house. Turn right, so you're facing the right cylindrical light in the soil, walk to the wall behind that light so you are on its right side, you should see the slide switch just above head height.

Kevlar: The font was probably set up as a door (since it falls over in an arc, similar to how a door opens). AIs tend to open doors when they run around nearby, and your encounter was a very clever side effect of that, I suppose.

Thanks guys. I probably bumped my head on that thing a few times looking for it. It might be time for those glasses I've been putting off getting.

Classical Master 2008
    Okay, Saturnine, mission accomplished: I am too spooked out to continue tonight. Well done, and the bar has been raised!

I have all cards but 5, and 16. Yes I have the list but I have 2 questions.

1. What is a subsided tunnel?

2. What and where is a conservatory? Is it a sun room or what?

Sorry but yes I must be stupid to not know these things.

Edit: Figured question 1 out. Still not sure about the conservatory though.

Edit 2: Okay found them all. I wouldn't call that room a conservatory though. Atleast not by the web definition.

Awesome Mission!
    Last edited by Stingm; 1st Nov 2009 at 19:02.

I play it really slow, but I already safely can say with 100% confidence that this is the most gorgeously looking mansion made in DromEd I've ever seen.

Graphics details and overall quality of the visual design are amazing And it's not just lots of new models and lots of new textures haphazardly used just to make it look "cool", it looks like a real place because of good sense of visual style, everything is in harmony with each other. I can't play this mission any faster just because my jaw keeps to slow me down every few seconds
    Last edited by 242; 1st Nov 2009 at 19:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Something interesting I found, though: For the longest time, I couldn't figure out where the pool of holy water was supposed to be, and I was circling the building aimlessly. One of the ghosts, returning from having chased me around, went back through the chapel, and walked into the holy water font, and knocked it over!
    I went back there to test that, and there was no way I could knock it over. I would just run right through it, with only momentary, slight resistance to forward motion. Is it possible that you inadvertently frobbed it?

card 15 : the devil
    and
    card 18 : the moon

found !...

..now i missed only the card 20. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Kevlar: That's interesting, I don't think it was planned (zombeh or Saturnine can correct me if I'm wrong). I'm pretty sure none of the testers did that (not frobbing the font right away).
    What Eshaktaar said, it's a door and AI open doors when they walk into them.

I don't recall intending that to happen when we made that bit, it's kinda neat though so I'll go with it was totally on purpose and it's meant to do that Dave has a much better memory than I do so he'd know if we knew that happened.

Hah, I just discovered something new. Anyone turn on the dining room light? After running through this mission countless times, I'm still finding new things.

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318232833 ... LastLast