TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: T2FM: Saturnine's Rose Cottage (10-31-09)

Hello Taffers

Wonderful FM. I'm just having a problem getting into the wine cellar and the cemetary. Need a little help from my friends. I have keys and pin, been everywhere and done everything that's talked about in forum. Killed 3 ghosts.

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by Hope Vincent View Post

Hello Taffers

Wonderful FM. I'm just having a problem getting into the wine cellar and the cemetary. Need a little help from my friends. I have keys and pin, been everywhere and done everything that's talked about in forum. Killed 3 ghosts.

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent
    You need to find the
    spoiler:
    battery

It's at the
    spoiler:
    bottom of the attic steps

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Hah, I just discovered something new. Anyone turn on the dining room light? After running through this mission countless times, I'm still finding new things.
    Wow BA...welcome to last year!

The use of the doll was evil! When I first saw those dolls I was thinking, "Yeah something bad will happen with those." I was afraid to go near them!

Now I will be seeing the doll in my sleep! I was totally convinced that the doll would be waiting outside the house to rip my head off after killing the 5 haunts and finishing the mission....

You know, like Deceptive Perceptions style. You think you're done and then oops you dead!

Thanxs SlyFoxx,

I've found the battery and used it. What I need is the key to the wine cellar and cemetary.

Hope Vincent

I've found the battery and used it.
    By "use" it, do you mean you used it to do the treasure hunt to its end?
    That's your immediate way to make progress for now.

NewDark 64 Contest Winner
    This level was extremely beautiful, but I felt too that the story could have been molded a little better.
    I was left with the impression (don't know if it's right) that the doll or the girl killed the accomplice. Actually, I could also see that the girl was killed at some point and her spirit somehow was sucked into the doll. This could explain why the doll started to corrode each time the player saw her.

I believe horror is by far the genre that is hardest to do really well, but this mission did a very solid job of it. The opening of it especially reminded me most of The Cradle, where it just builds up the tension by using graphics and sound and by just teasing the player's imagination without resorting to any real over-the-top scare tactics or masses of creatures.

Fan-F**ing-Tastic and I'm not even done yet lol (Pepsi break haha)

The haunted house I went to last night sucked ass. This got me the that I needed haha!

Time to go back and play!

Thanxs SlyFoxx,

I've found the battery and used it. What I need is the key to the wine cellar and cemetary.

Hope Vincent
    He gave you a clue Hope Vincent. Did you really use the batteries? Try again. Go back to Caitlens room, use the batteries in the UV lamp, read the note, next to the lamp. Go from there, follow things along, you'll get your key.

Sly, I don't ever remember anyone mentioning that. :P

Stunning

Best mansion ever? Might be. The interior is breathtaking at times, especially when the lights come on near the end. I found it not as scary as I'd imagined it would be but the atmosphere is fantastic. I got the feeling several times that something was about to happen and then nothing did and I feel that there could have been a few more ohmygodwhatwasthat moments to really get the most out of that great architecture. I spent about two hours completing the story and a further thirty minutes looking for those hidden cards. I've given up with four to go among which the elusive #18 because there's only so much searching I can do before I get annoyed.

I'm in the morgue, in the autopsy room. When I open the double doors, a ghost appears, but there are no shadows to hide in beforehand, and I have no weapons. The best I can do is climb on top of the nearby shelving unit so he can't get me, but that's not much good in the long run. How do I get out of this situation?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    R Soul, you need to hightail it back to the Chapel with him in hot pursuit, and get him to run through the pool of holy water. If there is no such pool there yet, you need to tip over the holy water font.

BA: Dave almost removed that gag, but I'm glad he left it in. I'm surprised you never saw it in testing!

No need to Russ with the fire lit, I never turned them on!!

Thanxs Friends,

Finally finished after 3 1/2 hrs. I still need 8 tarot cards, but too tired running from ghosts. Will find them tomorrow. Also, went back to the little girl's room before I left to see if she was ok. I loved this FM.

Hope Vincent

You can keep the UV light on then, that shouldn't be a big deal. The frame rate issue, must be on your end, others didn't report that bad of a frame rate issue, or any FR issue at all. You haven't hit the right cemetery area as of yet. Where are you in the game. The cemetery is quite large, you'll get a key to open the cemetery. Do you have a cemetery key?
    Oops, I missed this.
    Is there any way for me to fix the framerate issue, or is it stuck like that forever? That's not too much of a problem now, though, since I devised an alternate plan for getting the haunt into the chapel.

Anyway, no, I don't have the cemetary key. I thought the place I was in was the cemetary, but I guess it was just the entrance to the crypt. I don't even have any idea where the cemetary is.
    So far I've been in most of the house, the loft, the attic, the chapel, the crematorium, the morgue, (though I didn't know there was a ghost in there. . it must be behind those double doors I couldn't open.) and the crypt.

Well, gonna go make another attempt at getting rid of that attic ghost.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Lady, in order to find the morgue ghost, you'll need to figure out how to get on the other side of those double doors.

A hint: Open a drawer.

Thanks, Yandros! I'll get to that eventually. . . that morgue is the one place that particularly creeped me out. Something about sterile, bare hospital-like places really get to me.

In the meantime, I've found the cemetary!

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinatedzombeh View Post
    I don't recall intending that to happen when we made that bit, it's kinda neat though so I'll go with it was totally on purpose and it's meant to do that Dave has a much better memory than I do so he'd know if we knew that happened.
    Check my post two above yours. I tested it for some time, and I could not make the font tip over by running or walking into it from any direction.
    Last edited by smithpd; 2nd Nov 2009 at 02:10.

Got as far as the morgue and crematorium ghosts, now I'm hunting for some tiny switch/doodad/trigger. Since it's a keyhunt at heart, a few more clues would have gone a long way in keeping the initial atmosphere alive (no pun intended).

Master Builder 2018
    Finished the mission. I don't know what to say, really. It was stunningly beautiful and very atmospheric. I loved being in the mortuary, both before and after the denouement. So many wonderful sights and believable details which added to the realism and made me feel that I was in a place that really did exist (the cemetary architecture, the carraiges and the mortician's hats on the coat stands are several things that spring to mind, though the list is endless). The attention to detail was incredible and the whole place made me feel like I had been there before in real life and just couldn't quite remember where it was (though I've never been anywhere like it). That tantalized me throughout the mission.

But I couldn't help but feel sad going through it knowing that this was going to be the last time I would be able to stroll through a new Saturnine mission (I still haven't quite come to terms with that). At the same time I felt grateful for having been given one more chance to do so. You've given me (and the rest of this community) another priceless gift and you have my heartfelt thanks. I couldn't help being somewhat devastated when I read the newpaper in the attic and realized what it meant. But I must thank you for this wonderful experience, bittersweet though it was.

Kudos to the whole team for all your hard work and dedication. Congratulations, Saturnine, on realizing this vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorak View Post
    I was left with the impression (don't know if it's right) that the doll or the girl killed the accomplice...
    That is not correct. I've sent you a PM. In regards to the doll. Did you go back into Caitlin's room in the end? .

BA - that was the FIRST thing I noticed and it made me stop dead in my tracks.
    Last edited by Shadow Creepr; 2nd Nov 2009 at 05:08. Reason: Not awake enough yet. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    I couldn't help being somewhat devastated when I read the newpaper in the attic and realized what it meant. .
    Well, either it's language barrier or I might be not so bright after all, because I am not certain what ablaze means in this context. Could anyone explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Creepr View Post
    In regards to the doll. Did you go back into Caitlin's room in the end?
    I was. The doll sits at the table again. I suppose it means that the house is not haunted anymore. Is there something more to it?

Hah, I just discovered something new. Anyone turn on the dining room light?
    I think I did. But I did not notice anything unusual.
    Last edited by bukary; 2nd Nov 2009 at 05:00.

Quote Originally Posted by bukary View Post
    Well, either it's language barrier or I might be not so bright after all, because I am not certain what ablaze means in this context. Could anyone explain?
    It means that it it is on fire.

The doll sits at the table again. I suppose it means that the house is not haunted anymore.
    That is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    Check my post two above yours. I tested it for some time, and I could not make the font tip over by running or walking into it from any direction.
    You missed the point, I think. You're not an AI...

Quote Originally Posted by bukary View Post
    But I did not notice anything unusual.
    It only occurs the first time you turn on the lights and occurs only once. Go to a save game where you have never turned the lights on...

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419242934 ... LastLast