TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions for Daniel Thron

Maybe something more general... I'd like to ask him what the first/most prominent impression of the Thief (universe) was that he had. If there were certain influences for him personally or if he made something up which he thought would fit well... something like that.

If he knows anything about some of the things that inspired Thief. Like setting to rest the debate about the Cthulhu statue once and for all, or what inspired the Trickster, or the Builder (not the religions, the entitys), or the keepers, or some of the story.

Also seconding the question about the cutscene/briefing process, in creating them.

Curiousity about what he's doing now, lately, in the future.

Lol, wondering how he'd feel about doing some new voice acting, and just what is "Smart Guard's" name anyway? If he has any unreleased lines for any of the voices he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    He was involved in TDS.

He and his company, Rustmonkey, did the cutscenes (apparently not the briefings), and he still did the voice of the guard that banters with Benny.
    ...and the voice of
    spoiler:
    the Eye
    , surely?

Tell him that his voice acting skills cause me to have to change my panties.

jtr7
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sky View Post
    ...and the voice of
    spoiler:
    the Eye
    , surely?
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...74#post1933674

Whoopsie, eh?

Post first, read later, that's my motto!

jtr7
    Happens to the best of us!

Could you ask Dan if he's still got uncompressed copies of the cutscenes?

I guess they're copyrighted, but I hate the thought that they're compressed in the Indeo (?) codec which might not be supported in the future. Plus it would be simply amazing to see the videos in their full resolution glory.

jtr7
    If he has them, he won't be able to say, because they're not his property, even though he did most of the work. Dang corporate contracts.

Otherwise I heartily agree.

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangerInTheNight View Post
    Could you ask Dan if he's still got uncompressed copies of the cutscenes?

I guess they're copyrighted, but I hate the thought that they're compressed in the Indeo (?) codec which might not be supported in the future. Plus it would be simply amazing to see the videos in their full resolution glory.
    I hope those things exist somewhere. I would buy a special edition of Thief if it included high-res cutscenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus View Post
    I recently got in touch with Daniel Thron (guess you all know him, he did the cutscene art and box art for both Thief 1 and 2) and I got him to answer a few questions for TTLG.com regarding Thief.

So for the next couple of days please post here whatever questions you would want to ask Mr. Thron and I'll pick the most interesting ones to ask him!

Does the resulting interview with Dan Thron exist somewhere? Would love to check it out.

Thron lent so much character and cinematic vision to the Thief games!

- Muz

Quote Originally Posted by muzboz View Post
    Does the resulting interview with Dan Thron exist somewhere? Would love to check it out.

Thron lent so much character and cinematic vision to the Thief games!

- Muz
    Here it is!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12