TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TG FM Augustine's Revenge - Nov 2009

yes but I havent seen any sewers as such,just canal in front of mansion,then over the wooden bridge canal (2 parts),then water tower and through tunnel into small tank...the only other water is a small puddle with a pipe in it,built into a wall........I must be blind...must be my mechanical eye playing up!

Quote Originally Posted by JonesCrusher View Post
    yes but I havent seen any sewers as such,just canal in front of mansion,then over the wooden bridge canal (2 parts),then water tower and through tunnel into small tank...the only other water is a small puddle with a pipe in it,built into a wall........I must be blind...must be my mechanical eye playing up!
    After going past the wood bridge, you will end up at the giant water tower. There is a gold plaque that says this on it.
    You need to rope arrow up there and into the tank. This eventually leads to a large rooftop type area.
    You still have a way to go from there.

And while I'm here...
    I completed the mission but found one area that I could not get into...
    Just after reaching the area mentioned in the above spoiler is a tiled room with a pool/bath and a locked gate. How do I access that area?

d. Dec 2017
    This mission kept getting better and better. I loved it! The ability to jump such a distance was surprising...and fun. So many aisles, alleys, and hallways to go through, not to mention the secreted places. You can bet I will replay it....later. Almost finished with $13,585. My problem is crossing the water to the police station without Maggie Mae's body. I have the evidence deposited, but obviously can't get back across the channel for the body, so I have to call it quits this time.

Thanks for a fun 3+ hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_doe_nz View Post
    After going past the wood bridge, you will end up at the giant water tower. There is a gold plaque that says this on it.
    You need to rope arrow up there and into the tank. This eventually leads to a large rooftop type area.
    You still have a way to go from there.
    yes have been to [water tank and out onto the roof areas

ok so could somebodytell me the building its in/near...ie crayman tower,strawberry fields,building with black/cream tiled floor,hammerite building...I must have just missed it somehow.so I can go back again and check that area.

yes have been to [water tank and out onto the roof areas

ok so could somebodytell me the building its in/near...ie crayman tower,strawberry fields,building with black/cream tiled floor,hammerite building...I must have just missed it somehow.so I can go back again and check that area.
    From Crayman Towers © door, jump across to the wood floor. Go up the ramp, along the tile floor to a rotten crate and a square hole in the wall. This leads to a new outdoor area.

Jump across to your right, and then across again to the skirting along the central building. Ignore the guard, and go into the central building.

Rope arrow up to the elevator shaft. Jump across to another rooftop With metal on it. Look to your left for a walkway. Follow it to a door under a lantern. Go through and take a right.

Jump into the water, climb up. At area with metal all around, follow left or right path to a mini street area. Sewer is in immediate area.

Once you jump in, you can only go back when you reach the starting canal area.

Thanks so much Bob....I had been up that ramp so many times I just didnt register that part of the tiled floor...I must have just thought "oh been that way"..and not gone back...damn it!...

3 pages?

Didn't think I'd slept that long...

Thanks for the responses, but I'm one of those who can't use that TG patch; both times I've tried, it's screwed up DL to the point it can't load any FM (T1/TG/T2) & the only solution has been re-installing both T1 & DL.

Anyway - despite not being able to finish (& having invisible archers shooting me!), this is a wonderful FM & I really enjoyed this first play. With TG FMs this good, I really must simply get TG & avoid issues like this - will be particularly looking forward to re-playing / finishing this

Just one thing - I feel this should have been labelled TG (& dated) in the thread title. Any chance of it being edited?

This mission took me 2h and 45 min to finish on normal,
    without any help, unbelievable, i'm not so into rooftops but i didnt
    gave up until i found that bad guys house. It was really satisfying
    when Garret said: Inside at last (or something like that)

Quote Originally Posted by Stingm View Post
    Beltzer the third mission is the christmas mission. Check the threads in this forum.
    Hmm, cant find it. Its easier if i know the title and release date

..meh a mere whippasnapper....
    I'll guess so

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    My problem is crossing the water to the police station without Maggie Mae's body. I have the evidence deposited, but obviously can't get back across the channel for the body, so I have to call it quits this time.
    I'm a bit baffled by what you mean because Maggie Mae's body and the police station are on the same side of the channel. She is down the ramp alongside the building with the boardwalk.

d. Dec 2017
    My bad; I did get Maggie Mae's body to the police station.
    I kept overlooking a narrow lane that returns to where I started.
    Just shows you my eyes are wide open.

30 seconds in this FM and I managed to get in the estate.

Think I'll restart and take the route that is meant to be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    30 seconds in this FM and I managed to get in the estate.

Think I'll restart and take the route that is meant to be taken.
    Whatta not fair.

A nice bit of stuff! Missed about 1000 in loot but still a VERY decent haul for the night! Good work bbb.

Hm.... where to use the special room key?

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Hm.... where to use the special room key?
    There is a hint for that early on.

Otherwise, just keep searching around the estate, or if you need an even stronger hint, walk up the large main stairs, turn right, right again into a corridor and then you have the door to the left.

This was a wonderful FM, far bigger and more entertaining than I expected. And it feels like a T1 FM too! Finished with 13640.

Minor Bug: The two guards talking went through their conversation, walked off a bit, and then started the conversation again. On a related note, the two peasants talking about Maggie Mae left their "default" locations, but then returned to them again. The conversation didn't start up again, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkillable Cat View Post

Minor Bug: The two guards talking went through their conversation, walked off a bit, and then started the conversation again.
    They dont seem to do that anymore if you get through the hole and kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbrien View Post
    There is loot in Strawberry Fields, but you need to do a bit of climbing and a bit of jumping.

But nothing to get hung about.
    Good one Marbrien!

Now I'm stuck

How do I find out about Robert's affair? I need a specific hint please.
    BTW, a very enjoyable mission. Thanks bbb!

You didn't really say what you've done so far, bobber. Have your gotten into the manor and been up into Lord Robert's private quarters? If you have then there's a key to the "special room" on his bedside table. It's on the middle floor. Check around in there.

O.k. I'm thouroughly stuck, and could use some help. I've made it as far as Strawberry fields and gotten the loot there, but I have no clue where to go now. I've seen mention of a Crayman's tower, and what to do from that point, but I have no clue where that is. Also I get the idea that my objective's should have increased by this point, but they are still the exact same ones I had when I started the FM.

Did I miss something? And where do I go from Strawberry Fields?

Edit:Nvm. Finally found the stairs in the tiled area. Must have passed them 100 times >.<
    Last edited by kamyk; 25th Nov 2009 at 07:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    You didn't really say what you've done so far, bobber. Have your gotten into the manor and been up into Lord Robert's private quarters? If you have then there's a key to the "special room" on his bedside table. It's on the middle floor. Check around in there.
    Thank you. I was there indeed but must have missed it. Back I go.......

What an awesome mission!

Finished on Expert, on a dark Gamma setting, Iron Man style (strive for as few reloads as possible) after needing 6 reloads:
    * A lethal fall when I failed to grab a rope arrow. I didn´t realize until later that there is a far easier way up to the water tower than the one (with tiny margins for error!) I took.
    * Getting beaten by two guards when I got surprised and was too slow with a flashbomb.
    * Getting stuck in four different areas (one which was the correct one!) when I could not find the way forward (the darkness made me fail to see the opening in the water after "it´s a long way down") I got desperate and used unconscious bodies to survive falls from high distances. It was like: "Nope, I am not supposed to be here either, and now I can´t get out!".

Finished with 700 loot from the maximum. Then I reloaded the latest save and cranked up the gamma almost to max. This allowed me to find 600 more loot (six stashed of 100 each). Three of them was loot in plain sight I had missed because it was too dark, two were loot spots I missed because I failed to see the passage to those places because it was too dark. The last one is a bit embarassing: I was exploring the first place on the mansion grounds you get to, the guarding area where you can look down on the square with Maggie Mae´s body. While trying to get up to a ledge, I clumsily fell down into the large metal tube that leads to the rest of the mansion (and since I play Iron Man, I didn´t reload and just kept playing), and then I simply forgot to return here later and finish exploring!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    There's tons of loot and I doubt you'll have any trouble reaching the requirement by the time you're done the mission. If you do get stuck, we have a loot list made up that we can send out to anyone who's struggling.
    Even if I wasn´t struggling, I would appreciate a loot list, because I am curious about where the last 100 loot is hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    I would appreciate a loot list, because I am curious about where the last 100 loot is hidden.
    Check your PMs. (I'll publish it in a few days time.)

Lootlist and Walkthrough

Here's the lootlist as promised.

Nightwalker and I have also written a walkthrough.

Edit: Now mirrored at The Circle:

Lootlist

Walkthrough

Thanks Pav.
    Last edited by ffox; 28th Nov 2009 at 02:18.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast