TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 61116212631323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Want An Object?

Thank you both, that works Soultear, i still have one part of the vehicle in the back that is displayed in transparency, why? but the rest of the vehicle is well rendered now.

I probably should have mentioned that flipping all of the normals probably isn't what you want, as some may be facing the correct way already. Instead, try selecting all the faces, then use the recalculate outside command (Ctrl-N). This should get them to point in the correct direction, without altering the ones that are already correct.

Is there any animated flame for a candle available for dromed?

Thank you Zappen, is it possible to have just the flame without the candle?

...Nevermind, found a way to edit that model via blender and i use a invisible texture for the candle. if you want i can share the edited model here.

Should i credit you as "Zapendust" or "Zappen"?
    Last edited by Cardia; 8th Jan 2019 at 12:05.

Not to step on anyone's toes but this is a hd gif I've had saved forever just for this purpose, I think when you take it and split it at ezgif (website) it came out to like a lot of frames, but it's pretty.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...U1EVlRtTlNHbFU

Throw on some corona to hide any imperfections and it will be nice. If you're not in a hurry about your release, I can eventually make my object from it first, it's just in the todo list.

Edit: I don't know where i got it, but I only usually ever nab things that said free.

Edit2: The site is https://ezgif.com/ where you can crop and split it.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    ...Nevermind, found a way to edit that model via blender and i use a invisible texture for the candle.
    If all you want is the flame, why don't you just use the flame image directly as a worldspace bitmap?

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    If all you want is the flame, why don't you just use the flame image directly as a worldspace bitmap?
    Agreed, that's what the plan was with mine, I hope they will too. It's stupid simple. And a flame will look the same 360. And I think a corona can take care of looking at it from above.

ZylonBane and Gamophyte ive never worked with bitmaps, therefore i don't know how to set up a effect with bitmap textures , but now im curious , could you explain me how to make it work, i will credit you obviously for the help provided.

I will be using the flame from Wolfenstein which is very realistic.
    Last edited by Cardia; 9th Jan 2019 at 04:33.

bitmapworld space prop allows you to simply name your bitmap where you would an object to be names in shape.

example, put cndflm00.png (and duh, the rest cndflm01.png...cndflm02.png...cndflm03.png...etc) in your /bitmap folder. now in your flame object prop, name your object shape as "cndflm00". then link attach it to candle.

Sorry this is very abbreviated, in a meeting at work.

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    bitmapworld space prop allows you to simply name your bitmap where you would an object to be names in shape.

example, put cndflm00.png (and duh, the rest cndflm01.png...cndflm02.png...cndflm03.png...etc) in your /bitmap folder. now in your flame object prop, name your object shape as "cndflm00". then link attach it to candle.

Sorry this is very abbreviated, in a meeting at work.
    Thank you, however i don't have any animation in the object, how to i animate it?

I wasn't following your complete thread, was just talking about using images for the flame. But it looked like you had multiple images, so that's what you can animate just be naming them in sequence. The engine knows the next number is ...2, then ...3 then ...4, etc.

Was there an actual object you wanted animated?

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    I wasn't following your complete thread, was just talking about using images for the flame. But it looked like you had multiple images, so that's what you can animate just be naming them in sequence. The engine knows the next number is ...2, then ...3 then ...4, etc.

Was there an actual object you wanted animated?
    Sorry i meant to have the texture animated, the flame isn't animated this time, i have for example: "flame2_" then "flam2_1", "flame2_2" etc...

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    But (I assume) those are the frames in an animation sequence. If you do what gamophyte said and use "flame2" for the model name it should work (if the textures are in the bitmap folder and not obj).

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    But (I assume) those are the frames in an animation sequence. If you do what gamophyte said and use "flame2" for the model name it should work (if the textures are in the bitmap folder and not obj).
    still not working, i have for example a wooden spoon object in dromed and i have the animated flame textures inside the bitmap folder: "flam2, flam3, flam4, flam5, flam6 and flam7", then i change the spoon object model name to : "flam2" i have the flame texture in 360 like sprites, but i don't have the texture animated.

Full disclosure it's been a while since I've done this. The engine might still want an underscore see thread https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100283

There is also the materials doc to do it using the material method.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I think the underscore is still needed, and also they should be in bitmap/txt if memory serves. I'll try to double check all this later tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I think the underscore is still needed, and also they should be in bitmap/txt if memory serves. I'll try to double check all this later tonight.
    ive tried inside the txt folder, and dromed won't read, instead i have a edge shape. I don't get it...

ZylonBane
    Looking at some animated (non-worldspace) bitmaps I did for SCP, I had to put the first image in the bitmap folder (citexp.png), and then the actual animation sequence in bitmap/txt16 (citexp00.png, citexp01.png, etc.).

Looking at some animated (non-worldspace) bitmaps I did for SCP, I had to put the first image in the bitmap folder (citexp.png), and then the actual animation sequence in bitmap/txt16 (citexp00.png, citexp01.png, etc.).
    Did you have to write the underscore? i have it my animation sequence with underscore, i did placed the other sequence inside the txt16 folder, and left the first in its place, still not working...
    Last edited by Cardia; 11th Jan 2019 at 04:29.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Did you have to write the underscore?
    (citexp00.png, citexp01.png, etc.).
    Don't ever change, man.

Cardia, I have to make this for my mission anyways, I can do it this weekend and toss it your way if you want. That way you can just have it and see how I did it.

But for your package, tell me... do you need it to look:

1. Close to Original thief2?
    2. Something you would see in Keeper of Infinity 2?
    3. Somewhere in between those two?

Quote Originally Posted by zappen View Post
    I'd extract the ZIP into your obj/txt folder, create a candle object in DromEd and give it the shape candle1l.bin ... then you can compare it with the other solution if you get it to run. My version works fine, LGS only had flame2_.gif, flame2_1.gif and flame2_2.gif which do not look realistic.
    Yes the solution you gave works, but using a bitmap allows you to have the texture animation as a sprite 360 , so ill see if i can get the bitmap solution to work otherwise ill have to stick with the first option.

Zylonbane and Gamophyte ive followed youre instructions and this is what i have:

Last edited by Cardia; 12th Jan 2019 at 04:45.

ZylonBane
    Okay, the naming and folder structure for your images isn't even slightly close to what I described above. If you actually do what I said to do, then add these properties, it will work:

Renderer/Alpha Blend Mode: Add
    Renderer/Transparency (Alpha): 0.90
    Renderer/Bitmap Worldspace: 1, 1.5, 1, 1.5, Flags: Face camera (axial), 0
    SFX/FrameAnimationConfig: 15
    Shape/Model Name: flame2

The alpha settings aren't necessary, but do make it look better.

That being said, this flame animation is a bit crap. It thrashes around too much, it's undergone a terrible dithered conversion to GIF, and a few of the frames have some glitch that makes garbage data appear at the top and bottom.

and boom goes the dynamite.

Yeah some smoothness is in order which is hard to find, I nabbed this one https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7O...RtTlNHbFU/view
    but when it is sped up the user will stills sees it loops but perhaps it will still look better, or make the frames out of order but it will be pretty windy in the place.

I hopped over to ezgif.com

cropped the candle out, but now it's a non standard size for dromed, so resize to 128 x 128 (256 would stretch the pixels). Then I split it into pngs. The site does all of this so you can take the source above or others and play around yourself.

Zip with pngs: https://drive.google.com/open?id=169...BwjqxOSK-pIMn1

Edit: You can rename them by hand, or use a batch renamer.

ZyloneBane, how do you have you texture animation renamed?

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 61116212631323334353637 LastLast