TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Unholy Vivid Innocence (Uncadonego's No Pressure (un)Contest 16-12-2009)

Excellent Mission!!!.

I'm Stuck with the Withered tree puzzle, known to solve the flameless torch puzzle. I have the Moss arrow, but I don't know where to shot it to. In the first book, gaspar talk about shooting moss arrow to a dead symbol, but I don't know which are they. I can't continue.

Any specific hint, I already readed all the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by caqo View Post
    gaspar talk about shooting moss arrow to a dead symbol
    It's the tree

Okay,

after you do the withered tree u go down a ladder and end up in a room with a bunch of little statues (loot) and a
    room partly blocked off (crouch to go in) - in that room there's a bunch of broken statue pieces, wrecked furniture, broken sword and arrow, and a square opening into another hallway like area.

am i supposed to able to get into that opening? cuz i am having an unholy tuff time doing so!
    (along with quite vivid language!)
    (anyone in hearing distance will have lost their aural 'innocence'!)

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett's Shadow View Post
    after you do the withered tree u go down a ladder and end up in a room with a bunch of little statues (loot) and a
    room partly blocked off (crouch to go in) - in that room there's a bunch of broken statue pieces, wrecked furniture, broken sword and arrow, and a square opening into another hallway like area.

am i supposed to able to get into that opening? cuz i am having an unholy tuff time doing so!
    (along with quite vivid language!)
    (anyone in hearing distance will have lost their aural 'innocence'!)
    Well, you indeed can get into that hole, there is an object in all the map that let's you pass, if you got entrance to the very first secret relating to your starting point, then you can figure out what to do.

On a side note.. I can tell that after finishing this mission, I think that most people are used to play linear missions, but get confused at non linear ones like this. Being a non native english spoker (i'm spanish), things get more interesting.

Congrats HAplo.

Hi Haplo!

Hmm, personally i prefer to have things i need to think about more than just yet another
    "hunt the key"/"find the itty bitty teeny weeny switch located in the damndest place you could ever imagine" type of mission!

Now, i guess i gotta de-'crypt' your meaning as to a "secret" that has to do with the start of the mission!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    oopsie - i meant after u do the tree and THEN do the flameless fire u then go down a ladder!

and I dont get what "object" you mean - only thing i usually use to help me go thru small tight openings like that square hole is a crate!

i went back to the very first room you start in tho and as i passed between the two wall decorations
    i heard a door slide/grind open - what's that all about?

heh he - ok thanx again man!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 8th Feb 2011 at 05:41.
    To thieve or not to thieve?
    Oh hell, that aint even a question!

Thanks guys.

You can get into that opening (which is nothing more than a secret area) using an object which is located in another secret, as caqo el ladron said.

If you are stuck, in the room with diagonal coffins and statue loot, look up.

Hmm, personally i prefer to have things i need to think about more than just yet another
    "hunt the key"/"find the itty bitty teeny weeny switch located in the damndest place you could ever imagine" type of mission!

Now, i guess i gotta de-'crypt' your meaning as to a "secret" that has to do with the start of the mission!
    well, start of the mission for me is the very first room that you appear, maybe if you exit that room, and enter again you could hear something.

Okay!

Thanx Haplo!

another fun one!

kinda neat having to creep into rooms and NOT look everywhere! lol

OHO! there are actually TWO secrets in there!
    things are def looking up! haha

the other secret had me going "hmm, how can another arm help me?"
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 8th Feb 2011 at 05:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Thanks guys.

You can get into that opening (which is nothing more than a secret area) using an object which is located in another secret, as caqo el ladron said.

If you are stuck, in the room with diagonal coffins and statue loot, look up.
    Ahahahaha, si, y me robé todo lo que habia

the other secret had me going "hmm, how can another arm help me?"
    Which arm are you missing?

Quote Originally Posted by caqo View Post
    Ahahahaha, si, y me robé todo lo que habia
    ¡Qué bárbaro! Ahora tenés que jugar Insanity's Crescendo.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    ¡Qué bárbaro! Ahora tenés que jugar Insanity's Crescendo.
    I've already finished it, nice mission too.

okay you guys,

i went up rope arrow and thru the winding hallways of that secret.

BUT - that was not what i was talking about!

I meant a square hole at almost ground level in the partly blocked off room that's just off of the diagonal coffin/loot room.

The room is full of broken debris and the hole leads into a much wider area than those tight hallway
    up above!

The problem i am having getting into that hole seems to be a physical one, it sure looks big enuff but i cant seem to make the jump crouch to get into/thru it!

ahhh - the room with the hole is the one where i just found a magic wand!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 8th Feb 2011 at 06:08.

As people suggested, go back to the starting room and listen. You can hear a door opening not far. Quickly run and find it before it closes again. In that place you will eventually find something which will help you get into that hole.

I should have asked ffox and Nightwalker to write one of those excellent walkthroughs of theirs for this mission.

AHA!

so it's a timed thing!

("Lucy, that 'splains everything"!!!)

guess i'm having an off day then cuz all i found in the room with that timed door
    was more loot!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 8th Feb 2011 at 06:33.

Excellent mission. I love a good krypt to explore. I love the atmosphere. Puzzles are fun and not too hard. The choice to have the colour scheme in black and white was a good one.

Bar the optional objectives I have one main objective to complete which is find out what happened to keeper Baltimus (sorry if I've got the name wrong). I have found his remains and have entered his room in the corner of the hall of the damned. There is a book under the table that I can pick up and it goes straight in to my inventory. There is a book on the table that I can not frob. It will not highlight. Am I right to assume that this is his diary and if I read it, it will uncheck the find out what happened to Keeper Baltimus objective? If so I've encountered a bug and cannot finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Taffsalot View Post
    Excellent mission. I love a good krypt to explore. I love the atmosphere. Puzzles are fun and not too hard. The choice to have the colour scheme in black and white was a good one.

Bar the optional objectives I have one main objective to complete which is find out what happened to keeper Baltimus (sorry if I've got the name wrong). I have found his remains and have entered his room in the corner of the hall of the damned. There is a book under the table that I can pick up and it goes straight in to my inventory. There is a book on the table that I can not frob. It will not highlight. Am I right to assume that this is his diary and if I read it, it will uncheck the find out what happened to Keeper Baltimus objective? If so I've encountered a bug and cannot finish it.
    I'm glad you are enjoying the mission.
    You confused me and actually made me go back and have a look! It has been two years after all...
    Anyway, there is no such "find out what happened to keeper Baltimus" objective.
    Do you mean any of these?
    1. The Keepers have disappeared. Find out what happened to them.
    2. Find keeper Batlamius and learn how to break the hold that 'The Blade' has over the undead
    3. Grant keeper Batlamius' final wish

My bad. I was at work and couldn't remember the exact objective. It says I have to find Keeper Baltimus and learn how to break the hold. Well I've found his remains and a key that opens a room in the hall of the damned. All Thats in there is a book that goes straight to my inventory and there's an unfrobbable book on the table. Can you point me in the right direction as I don't knoiw what to do next. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Taffsalot View Post
    My bad. I was at work and couldn't remember the exact objective. It says I have to find Keeper Baltimus and learn how to break the hold. Well I've found his remains and a key that opens a room in the hall of the damned. All Thats in there is a book that goes straight to my inventory and there's an unfrobbable book on the table. Can you point me in the right direction as I don't knoiw what to do next. Thanks
    Go back to the remains where you found the key. There was a book on the floor that you missed.

Thank you Haplo. I don't think I would have ever spotted that book. It seems that one problem with making an FM in black and white is that some items can blend in to the backround quite easily and be overlooked.

This is one of the best Thief FMs I've played in recent memory. Good job! My favourite bit was the maze with the crazy sounding violin. I felt like I was loosing my mind lol. I'm going to try and make some time over the Xmas hols to play your other FMs. Thanks for making UVI.

I'm glad you enjoyed the mission. I went back and played myself yesterday too, and really enjoyed it. Definitely one of my finest creations.

I hope you will enjoy my other missions too. Try playing them in their order of release.

A very enjoyable play-through: Link

Mmmmm....my favourite type of missions - undead and puzzles.

Managed to finish all the optional objectives without external help (wasn't too easy on Expert at all ), but I ended up only with 12220 loot out of 13870, I guess it's still a very good result for this mission though, can't imagine where's the rest, because I think I discovered many hard to dicover stashes as it is.

Great FM, now to the sequel.

My favourite bit was the maze with the crazy sounding violin. I felt like I was loosing my mind lol
    I thought the maze was endless, you know, that trick from other FMs
    Last edited by 242; 31st Mar 2012 at 15:24.

It seems you are on a Haplo-marathon! I'm glad you have been enjoying them so far.
    And I'm impressed by your taffing skills. Some of those objective are quite difficult, and some of the loot is really hard to find. There is a lootlist here: http://thiefmissions.com/lootlists/U...Innocence.html

Yep, usually if I like a mission (I finished Among Two Storms first), I start to search for other missions of that author; and indeed, this mission proved that great game design of the ATS wasn't accidental, you have talent. BTW, this FM reminded me my very favorite Sepulchre of the Sinistral.

Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by 242 View Post
    BTW, this FM reminded me my very favorite Sepulchre of the Sinistral
    In this case you will probably enjoy Insanity's Crescendo too.
    Last edited by Haplo; 1st Apr 2012 at 22:22.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast